• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
lool awesome post ^

They are by far the best athletes you can get.. you just need the right coach for them to reach their full potential.

i realize none of you guys listen to jim rome, but yesterday donald driver was on and once he started talking he went on for so long, without a pause about how happy he is and how great playing for the pack was, etc, etc

so someone emailed the show about it, usually emails he reads are at least somewhat humorous, but holy shit this one made me laugh, and everytime i'd think about it i laughed
(paraphrasing, at least the opening portion)

dear jim,
i'm a little upsset you didn't give donald driver more air time. i couldn't get enough of him telling us how awesome of a player he was and how great his life is. it was honestly one of the greatest stories i've ever heard an athlete share

signed,
donald driver

war:donald driver
unwar: anyone who emails the show and doesn't war donald driver

*the whole 'war' thing is show lingo, just something you say before you voice your opinion on something you think is awesome or unwar things that suck
i.e
war: redskins going 2-14 next year and allowing ram's to draft clowney, linebacker out of south carolina, war isaac bruce being a first ballot hall of famer
unwar: your typical bluelight lounge poster and grown men sitting in the outfield bleachers who wear a baseball glove during an entire mlb game

that made me dislike the show even more which I had written off from happening a while ago

that's hardly a representation of the show, more so a representation of content that amuse me, but i have no motivation to convince you to like something, not everyone can share the same interests, that'd be way too weird

is this more like the sports radio show that you might listen to?

okay let's break down the 5th round of the draft for an hour

sounds like fun

and when we come back FIVE things that kobe bryant can do to improve the lakers

ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh

still love ya shim, even though it seems your sense of humor is nonexistent

least you've got the gonads to persistently voice your opinions on a variety of topics, without giving a fuck, that's a big reason why i like you

Last edited:
Jim Rome says Michael Vick staying in Philly is a win-win for both sides.

IOC drops wrestling from Olympics

Way to make the Olympics better IOC by dropping one of the most ancient and still relevant Olympic sports.

But hey, let's get fired up for modern pentathlon!!

xlarge.jpg

unbefuckingleavable

IOC logic- "If the US is good at it, its not a sport"

too bad we're good at like 90% of em— eh, fellow cowboy gangster?

The olympics is the geopolitical version of buying expensive handbags, and in that context it doesn't really even matter what happens during them, so long as we win.

seriously? im with wyld isnt wresting one of the original olympic sports..like as in goin back to ancient greece not just when the olympics were restarted in i believe the 1800s?

pretty sure wrestling was in the very first olympics and the losers were fed to the lions

rams hired former lions db coach tim waltonn as new defensive coordinator

singletary and jauron were on the short list, whatever it is coach fisher sees in this young guy, i support it

hopefully that means they draft matt elam in the draft and turn him into the ghost of shaun taylor

Last edited:
I wish they banned NBA players from the Olympics so our College players could make up the roster it would make it more competitive, plus that way if the USA were to lose we can always pull the "well our best athletes dont play" card just like we do with soccer.

NFL talk, at least the Eagles are going to be interesting which is more you can say from last year

that doesn't make any sense at all. what exactly are you shitting on about?

Most of the sports that have been removed from olympic competition recently are sports that have been pretty much dominated by the US (ie softball, wrestling ect)

I wish they banned NBA players from the Olympics so our College players could make up the roster it would make it more competitive, plus that way if the USA were to lose we can always pull the "well our best athletes dont play" card just like we do with soccer.

lol our best soccer players are just mediocre compared to the rest of the world.

So its fair for the rest of the world to use their pros and not ours? That is the reason the Dream Team was formed in 1992 because the international pros finally beat our college kids. Since then the world has been catching up slowly to the pros. If the NBA guys are not winning every game by 15+, that is a sign that either 1) Team USA is lazy or 2) international teams are getting better. It is becoming a more global game not just in terms of interest but in how they play now too. Anyway, wrong thread to discuss this topic.

Steeler news: James Harrison and his bum knee wont restructure (i.e. will not take a pay cut) his deal.

Most of the sports that have been removed from olympic competition recently are sports that have been pretty much dominated by the US (ie softball, wrestling ect)

I doubt it's anything Anti-USA. I'm pretty sure that Russia, Japan and most of the other Eastern Bloc countries have dominated wrestling more than anyone, and then USA. But yeah it's a farcical decision that affects at least 50 countries but hopefully still has a chance of being reversed. It must be the most disrespectful Olympic decision of all time. But hey at least Horse Dancing is still in it 8(

Isn't softball baseball for girls? If Tokyo wins the 2020 bid no doubt that shit will be reinstated instantly.

Ironically Oscar Pistorious, someone who probably should've been excluded from Summer Olympics, has been charged with murdering his girlfriend on Valentines Day.

Last edited:
I doubt it's anything Anti-USA. I'm pretty sure that Russia, Japan and most of the other Eastern Bloc countries have dominated wrestling more than anyone, and then USA. But yeah it's a farcical decision that affects at least 50 countries but hopefully still has a chance of being reversed. It must be the most disrespectful Olympic decision of all time. But hey at least Horse Dancing is still in it 8(

Isn't softball baseball for girls? If Tokyo wins the 2020 bid no doubt that shit will be reinstated instantly.

Ironically Oscar Pistorious, someone who probably should've been excluded from Summer Olympics, has been charged with murdering his girlfriend on Valentines Day.

The softball removal was abolutely anti-USA, the US had won gold every single time (or at least close to it, im not gonna spend time to verify that).

Most IOC representatives are from other countries and resent the hell out of american domination of the Olympics.

Wrestling is not so much aimed at the US but still hurts the US medal count for sure, I doubt that fact went uncalculated in their decision.

The host country has no say in what games go on at the Olympics, its all IOC dictated.

I guess this is the olympics thread now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.