• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

i could have sworn i posted in here, but also we should include the known risks of plugging, long and short term risks.

i have noticed after daily plugging for about 1.5-2 years, every now n then i get a really sharp stabbing like pain in the anal cavity. im not sure what it is, but it does concern me. its really really painful, but only lasts like 2-5 seconds, in waves. also im sure it has been mentioned, but it is imperative that you clear your bowels. again, i am a daily plugger, and it sucks when you know you need to empty your bowels, but have opiate enduced constipation. it is a waste to inject the material, knowing that it will just be absorbed, although i DO inject it anyway, knowing that i wont feel any effect. any known ways besides laxatives, to help empty the bowels rather quickly? OR- what can i do before i go to sleep, to help me shit in the morning? ive tried eating a whole box of frosted flakes (literally), before bed- with no success at all. any help is appreciated

A quick way to empty the rectum is to use an anal douche. Fill it up squeeze it in and a few second later all the crap will come out.
It's far from a complete clean out but it will remove any plugs there might be in the rectum.

Chemical enemas are also available, but they are not good for frequent use.

any known ways besides laxatives, to help empty the bowels rather quickly?

eat raisins, and more importantly; drink liquid aloe vera.

Personally I would vote to NOT put up a "plugging does not turn you into a homosexual" disclaimer because, first of all, no one really wonders that; the people who bring that up in plugging threads are always insecure morons who feel the need to prove how manly they are by loudly proclaiming "I would never stick anything in my rear, you buncha queers!"

Seriously, don't even say anything, it doesn't deserve to be addressed. If anyone seriously believes administering drugs in the rectum has anything to do with sexuality, they are in serious need of professional help. Even a little sentence about it only serves to acknowledge and encourage those who would pollute the thread with stupid comments.

Personally I would vote to NOT put up a "plugging does not turn you into a homosexual" disclaimer [...]

it doesn't deserve to be addressed. If anyone seriously believes administering drugs in the rectum has anything to do with sexuality, they are in serious need of professional help. Even a little sentence about it only serves to acknowledge and encourage those who would pollute the thread with stupid comments.

I understand your point of view, but for a Q&A on a web forum, I think it's more reasonable to address it than ignore it. Some people do associate anal interactions with sexuality, even if people like us do not. Not everyone is as educated or open-minded who is visiting BL, and the point of it would be to prevent anyone from polluting the thread with stupid comments. Yes, the comments are stupid, but they come up in pretty much EVERY plugging thread...very unfortunately.

But what are you going to do, put a note in the FAQ that says "also note the surgeon general has determined that plugging your dope does not lead to buggery?"

Just saying it takes the sincerity of the whole thread down a notch, and once more, I have to ask WHO will benefit from such a statement? I really don't think anyone will actually learn anything from it and it will be like waving a red flag in front of the homophobic-quipping bulls.

Seriously, its more likely than not that just seeing that statement is going to spark the usual comments, whereas if you don't bring it up at all, people who would make those remarks won't have the idea triggered.

Please consider it - putting any sort of "plugging doesn't make you gay" statement in the FAQ may very well INCITE comments...

On the other hand, when suggesting plugging supplies we should include links to squirt-gun dildos and "Happy MANhole" brand lube...

Last edited:
i could have sworn i posted in here, but also we should include the known risks of plugging, long and short term risks.

i have noticed after daily plugging for about 1.5-2 years, every now n then i get a really sharp stabbing like pain in the anal cavity. im not sure what it is, but it does concern me. its really really painful, but only lasts like 2-5 seconds, in waves. also im sure it has been mentioned, but it is imperative that you clear your bowels. again, i am a daily plugger, and it sucks when you know you need to empty your bowels, but have opiate enduced constipation. it is a waste to inject the material, knowing that it will just be absorbed, although i DO inject it anyway, knowing that i wont feel any effect. any known ways besides laxatives, to help empty the bowels rather quickly? OR- what can i do before i go to sleep, to help me shit in the morning? ive tried eating a whole box of frosted flakes (literally), before bed- with no success at all. any help is appreciated

the stabbing pain could be because of impacted stools.
I would take a look at the Opiate Constipation thread in the OD directory. Try Colace brand stool softener, drink lots of water, and exercise. More fiber than is recommended for the average person is not good daily because it adds bulk.
If you have to use an enema, try liquid glycerin as it isn't as irritating as a large-volume chemical enema.
Stay away from stimulant laxatives as they can cause long term damage to your colon and digestive tract, stick to stool softeners and drink lots of water. If you are hydrated, your upper intestine wont pull so much water out of the feces as it is being digested resulting in softer poos. And save your drugs, you can always take them orally or insuffulate them if you can't plug, but it is a good (probably the best) first-line option.

this is gonna sound gay but hey, in the name of HR. A natural way of slowly having the 'stuff' move out is to position yourself doggy style and relax...wait...wait wait...and it should slowly loosen and move. This can take a while but thats how some people overcome severe constipation without laxatives or enemas. Give it a go - you dont need to tell anybody you did it and has nothing to do with being gay!!!

Personally I would vote to NOT put up a "plugging does not turn you into a homosexual" disclaimer because, first of all, no one really wonders that; the people who bring that up in plugging threads are always insecure morons who feel the need to prove how manly they are by loudly proclaiming "I would never stick anything in my rear, you buncha queers!"

Seriously, don't even say anything, it doesn't deserve to be addressed. If anyone seriously believes administering drugs in the rectum has anything to do with sexuality, they are in serious need of professional help. Even a little sentence about it only serves to acknowledge and encourage those who would pollute the thread with stupid comments.

As someone who has unapproved, warned and infracted DOZENS of such posts every time a plugging thread comes up I think such a disclaimer/note/warning is warranted.

The only thing that such a statement would acknowledge is that a person is going to be infracted if they stoop to such immaturity. Its not worth the inevitable disruption an off-topic replies and responses that always occur when someone does this. I'll work on a statement with wording that makes this clear.

As someone who has unapproved, warned and infracted DOZENS of such posts every time a plugging thread comes up I think such a disclaimer/note/warning is warranted.

The only thing that such a statement would acknowledge is that a person is going to be infracted if they stoop to such immaturity. Its not worth the inevitable disruption an off-topic replies and responses that always occur when someone does this. I'll work on a statement with wording that makes this clear.

I've also reported a bunch of those posts in plugging threads, so that's where I was coming from. I'm glad the counter-argument was brought up though, the point of this thread is to get input on making the FAQ for the most part, so discussion is important.

And yeah, I wasn't sure exactly how to put it in my OP dokomo, but something like that would be the best idea. Letting people know that comments about it won't be tolerated, and the point is to talk about plugging itself, not how someone feels about sticking things up their rear, seems like a good way to go about covering both sides of the argument presented thus far.

But what are you going to do, put a note in the FAQ that says "also note the surgeon general has determined that plugging your dope does not lead to buggery?"

Just saying it takes the sincerity of the whole thread down a notch, and once more, I have to ask WHO will benefit from such a statement? I really don't think anyone will actually learn anything from it and it will be like waving a red flag in front of the homophobic-quipping bulls.

Seriously, its more likely than not that just seeing that statement is going to spark the usual comments, whereas if you don't bring it up at all, people who would make those remarks won't have the idea triggered.

Please consider it - putting any sort of "plugging doesn't make you gay" statement in the FAQ may very well INCITE comments...

On the other hand, when suggesting plugging supplies we should include links to squirt-gun dildos and "Happy MANhole" brand lube...

The comment may incite people to bring up the issue and derail the thread.

However, people do this a lot as is; and the problem with this is that we have been trying to deter people from being closed minded, just as closed minded as people who are against drug users on the sole purpose that "drugs are bad, mkay?!?!?!?!?!" - so discussing the idea that we may put a warning so as to not discuss this whatsoever, is a good idea - whether we decide to or not to in the end is irrelevant. There are good arguments for either side.

However I am also appreciative that you shared your point as well, thank you for being honest. We have to weigh what a forewarning will do in terms of quelling the unwanted off topic discussion, and what it'll do to create it in the first place.

==============================

If you do a "directory" of threads that are related to the subject, like I did with the inactive ingredients A to Z thread (that's the one I put that in right ? I should consider copying it into the new threads that are all linked in it) - then I would add in a link to the benzo solubility in water thread I created.

Reason being, if people don't want to IV benzos (a VERY GOOD IDEA if you don't have a water soluble one AND a micron filter) then they can plug them to still get a quicker onset.

That's nothing I would do (temazepam orally for the win, and I have micron filters if I want to IV midazolam or loprazolam) but I think for other people, it would be useful.

Agree with the captain and think if there must be a disclaimer about plugging being gay, it should also tell people that "gay" comments will not be tolerated and anyone who makes such a comment will receive an immediate infraction. THAT is worth doing...

As far as long term plugging goes, I did it daily for a year and a half and never had any issues with pain or constipation (at least nothing other than the usual opiate constipation).

After a while, I found my body simply adjusted itself and constipation was no longer an issue, as long as your usage is regular. The only time constipation got worse is if I spent a few days on a "oh look I have extra drugs" binge.

Why do you have to lay down after pluggin? I just stood up and also hat the desired effect.

yeah, i also feel it's not necessary to have to lay down for a few minutes or anything. the sphincter is a tight enough muscle and keeps the liquid up there. i laid down the first couple times because that what i had read as well but realised very quickly it isn't necessary.

unless you're into some kinky anal play (looks to cane and his "twirling stick")

Why do you have to lay down after pluggin? I just stood up and also hat the desired effect.

It's not absolutely vital.
Most people with an intact anal sphincter are not going to lose the small amount of liquid involved in plugging by letting it leak out.
That said if the "pluggee" is not used to this method or using enemas he or she may be more prone to leakage in the upright position than when lying down.
The other part of the lying down suggestion is actually borrowed from recommendations for taking an enema.
It is easier to take a large quantity of fluid when lying down.
If one lies on the left hand side the structure of the bowel is such that the fluid will tend to run into the lower colon, thus easing pressure and the desire to expel.

Hope this helps

...it should also tell people that "gay" comments will not be tolerated and anyone who makes such a comment will receive an immediate infraction. THAT is worth doing...

I think there was some misunderstanding on my part previously, as this is what I've been meaning from the beginning. I don't think we need to assure people that plugging won't make them gay--the disclaimer is only against making immature and hateful 'gay' comments about it.

I'm bi, and there is absolutely no sexual innuendo or arousal when you are plugging a drug, it's just a method of administration.
I really think that when this gets sent to OD directory it will be hard to control the flaming and problems with this issue.

While it's great if you find you don't need to lay down while your drugs "absorb," the original plugging FAQ I found elsewhere online (which seemed to be the plugging bible to most) strongly suggested it.

Personally, I find that unless I lay down it doesn't work. Naturally everyone who decides to try plugging should try both ways and see what works best for them.

The key is not to view the 20 mins spent laying there as a negative thing - i actually enjoyed laying there and surfing the web on my iPhone and making the most of the time spent waiting for the drugs to kick in!

Last edited:
- Squeeze the syringe down at a medium rate; too fast will shoot your solution up into your brain and too slow might dribble the goodies back along the syringe. It should take approx 2-3 seconds for delivery
To be more precise, the goal is too avoid the solution to reach the upper part of the rectum. This ensures that drugs will by-pass the hepatic ‘first-pass’ elimination, by going in the systemic circulation, not the portal system.

The rectal mucosa is richly vascularized: this important blood supply comprises the inferior and middle veins, which are directly connected to the systemic circulation, and the superior rectal vein, which is connected to the portal system.
Source : http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/43/2/177.full.pdf

Who ever thinks rectal administration of any drug is gay is obviously close minded and uneducated. I've had to administer rectal Diazepam to someone having an active tonic clonic seizure (family member). You honestly think I was worried about feeling "gay"? Obviously not...people are too immature. I'm heard of rectal administration but I don't know too much about bioavalibity of pro drugs like hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc. If I got some dilaudid I'd probably give it a shot (ha pun) just out of curiosity....though if I had something like H or any pharmaceutical grade inject-able solution I would probably just shoot it (though Ive never shot any illicit substances, I gave it a shot with some saline for curiosity's sake).