• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

It's not really that people think plugging will make them gay, but a lot of guys just "feel weird" about sticking anything up their rear, which they probably associate with "gayness." So whenever a plugging thread pops up, they often feel the need to show everyone how "manly" they are by ridiculing people who plug.

Of course, the irony is that they don't see anything wrong with sticking a hypodermic NEEDLE in their veins, literally risking infection or death on a regular basis, but squirting a liquid up their bum is going too far...

It's not really that people think plugging will make them gay, but a lot of guys just "feel weird" about sticking anything up their rear, which they probably associate with "gayness." So whenever a plugging thread pops up, they often feel the need to show everyone how "manly" they are by ridiculing people who plug.

Of course, the irony is that they don't see anything wrong with sticking a hypodermic NEEDLE in their veins, literally risking infection or death on a regular basis, but squirting a liquid up their bum is going too far...

Exactly. I think the two of us have shown why a discussion for this sort of thing is so important --- I also agree that a disclaimer stating that any such comments will not be tolerated/end with a warning/infraction/etc is probably the best route. Didn't think it through as much at first, but J_B did bring up some good points. Like this one. The people who poo poo on plugging (hehe) are the ones who haven't tried it. Any of you ever have to use a suppository to administer a med? I'm guessing anyone is willing to do that under doctors orders, and I don't really see how plugging is any different.

The people who poo poo on plugging (hehe) are the ones who haven't tried it

Exactly! Another very important reason to educate people on Bluelight about plugging is that a lot of needle nubies, who have gotten tired of the poor results in swallowing their meds, think their only continuing option is IV.

Maybe they move up to nasal for a while and toot toot toot their way to enhanced pleasure, but this board is full of people looking for help in getting started with the needle before they have even TRIED plugging!

A lot of these "jump to the needle" cases are largely because no one is even suggesting they try plugging first. Why? Because so many people, even the Bluelight regulars, haven't even tried it themselves!

If they were to try it once or twice, I'm sure a good percentage of users would discover that plugging gets them nice and high and is a very good "next step" after snorting.

Every opiate user should at least be made aware of the plugging route - anyone who's done it will testify that the high is almost as good as IV, and, more importantly, it carries NONE OF THE RISKS.

If you were to tell someone "hey, how would you like to get super high on your drugs without the risk of IV?" they would jump at it!

In fact I'm sure many people discover Bluelight for that very reason (I know I did) - they're curious what else they can do with their opiate prescription, but are probably wary of jumping right to the needle, yet almost no one (besides me) is regularly suggesting these people try plugging.

Perhaps we can ultimately get a sticky in the appropriate forums(s) letting people know what plugging is and how it's an excellent alternative to the needle. I think a sticky is a good idea because very few people know it's an option and nubies should have it pointed out to them right away.

I quite happily plugged for a year and a half before I stepped up to the needle, and i only did that because my tolerance had grown to the point where injection was the only route that would continue to work.

If I hadn't known about plugging, I probably would have gone right from a few weeks of snorting straight to the needle, and I'm glad I was able to avoid IV for a while longer.

And all of this is besides another major advantage of plugging: some people might PREFER it to IV! I've done dilaudid every way possible and without question, I would say my 18 months plugging was the very best.

A lot of users would also probably decide that plugging is their ROA of choice - they just need to be TOLD about it!

Why do you have to lay down after pluggin? I just stood up and also hat the desired effect.

i too wondered the same thing, did some research with the search button, and google. i came to the conclusion, basically the first person to post a ''how-to'' on plugging, posted his way- or his ''routine'' . i plug my own way, different than the posted ''how-to'', and im sure plenty of other people do it differently. Most of the steps in the plugging howto are not necessary, you just need to inject the liquid into your rectum, and you know- dont do any handstands or anything. you can walk around, lay down, sit down, drive a car, what ever. you dont need to lay on your side, inject the liquid, and lay on your side for 20 minutes. totally unnecessary and a waste of time. i Do agree, that if you inject it, then lay down and let the high kick in, its alot easier to notice the buzz, instead of injecting then going on a walk.. either way it still kicks in, because your body will still absorb it.. the liquid isnt going to vanish in your ass just because you didnt lay down when you injected your drugs, although jumping or something like that could cause the liquid to travel into the ''waste zone'', then most likely anything that travels there will have NO effect...
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif

= ch1nawhite plugging method =
-clear your bowels best as possible (morning shit/afternoon shit)
-put the pill in a shot glass
-draw the oral syringe with warm or somewhat hot water, add to shotglass
-carefully crush the pill in the water, NOT mixing yet (pill material on BOTTOM is easier to draw)
-draw up the liquid concoction, then shake the oral syringe to mix the liquid/drug
-lube the anus and syringe, get on knees + bend over (dont do more than a 45-90° bend on your knees, or it will travel upward- BAD)
-insert syringe about 2 inches carefully, and slowly inject the liquid.
-stand up, put your shit away, then sit or lay down, play ps3, watch tv.
-ride that high
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif

it IS best, and recommended to relax after the injection, to sit or laydown, just to allow regular absorption, and to keep the liquid in one general area, you dont want it splashing up and wondering. below is a diagram (hehe)
this is what works best for me, yall can try it, or do the other way (weak way) lol. like i said, everyone has their own way, preferences, and routine...
plugged.jpg

«
26.gif
¢ω
26.gif
»

I am a regular IV user and want to try a new ROA. Ive been reading up on plugging and would really like to try it with my MScontins. They gel when water hits them so I am wondering if it would still work with them. Taking them orally (what I do now) has a very low BA rate and plugging has a slightly higher BA rate but aperently hits you faster. I want to get the most out of these pills and sounds like plugging is the best way to go. Im not in anyway scared to do this. Im just wondering why I havent tried this sooner!!!
Soo my question is can you in fact plug the MScontins?(ER morphine) and how would one make the solution? Use hot water and mix like hell? I just dont know the right way to make it into a liquid that will work for plugging. I have searched around and cant find the right way to do it with this pill.
any help is apreciated!!!
Thank you in advance!

this is my first post and didnt think i would be posting on plugging as i didnt even know it existed, but 'John_Burrows' description of the effects certainly sounded inviting...guess im just used ti IVing with someone so how is that gonna work for me? lol
Do you know if you can plug Temazepam and Ritalin, and how much is a good amount to plug?
I usually IV 100mg - 150mg Ritalin for a good rush, I eat the Temazepam as have tried IVing it but no luck no rush.

cheers

I posted a couple of times in the Buprenorphine megathread about my experiences plugging. Anyone know a smart way to get those posts here without being redundant and applying the old-fashioned copy/paste method?

Copy paste is too much work for you?

Yes, the gelled liquid from pills with the "safety feature" will work when plugged. Just try and get it as thinned out as you can with some hot water. In a case like this I'd say use 10ml of water, since the usual 5ml isn't really enough.

And I disagree that this works just as well if you stand up right away. The first few times I tried plugging it didn't work, so I did more research and that's when I read about the laying down for 15 mins thing. After I did that, it was a night and day difference. It actually worked!

The last time I tried just laying down for a quick 5 mins and still, not enough time for the liquid to be absorbed and it didn't work. Also, every single guide i've ever read about plugging suggests not moving around too soon. Maybe you've got a super special sphincter!

Anyway, new pluggers should be aware of this and should try it both ways and see what works best. Certainly if you don't have to be anywhere right after you plug, there is no harm in just laying there for a while. It will def make it easier to notice how well the drugs are working :)

Last edited:
Mostly (with exceptions obviously) :
- Substituted phenethylamines
- Substituted amphetamines
- Cannabinoids
- Opiates/Opiods
- Benzodiazepines
- Cocaine

I wonder about plugging cannabinoids. I've experimented several times with plugging various solutions of weed and hash but with very little success.
The problem seems to be that cannabinoids are not water soluble.
I was wondering if it would be worth extracting them into alcohol using the "green dragon method" and then mixing the alcohol in glycerine and allowing the alcohol to evaporate off. As far as I can make out from the on-line literature glycerine is absorbed relatively well through the rectal wall, so this would seem like a possible route.

Try it and let us know!

I think one of the main reasons there hasn't been much experimenting with "pot plugging" is that it has high bioavailability through other ROA. With most opiates, there is a big gap in effectiveness between oral and IV - this is why plugging opiates is popular - it gives you nearly the same BA as IV but is much safer.

And there is also the fact that the nature of the high is usually a little different with various ROA; even if you're a daily opiate injector, it's worth trying a plug for the sake of trying something new.

It's also a very good idea to have a backup plan just in case, for whatever reason, you can't IV at the moment...

Copy paste is too much work for you?

Not at all, I just thought there might be a smart way to link, so that the posts would show up rather than the actual link... But I'll copy paste when I get around to digging up the other posts...

And I disagree that this works just as well if you stand up right away. The first few times I tried plugging it didn't work, so I did more research and that's when I read about the laying down for 15 mins thing. After I did that, it was a night and day difference. It actually worked!

I am saying that yes it is smart to stay still, but not necessary- it will still be absorbed, but since the first time i ever plugged (bent over, plugged, walked into living room and stayed on couch) it has worked 90% every time, the other 10% was not clearing my bowels, therefore didnt work. it works for me every time, and i bend over, inject, stand up, put my tools away, then go lay down- works every time. staying on ur side when and after you inject isnt necessary, but totally recommended for best results. i urge you guys to try my method, it works for me and others 100%, some say its better but i notice no difference really. give it a 'shot' - what is there to loose? and i hope you werent saying that i somehow copied/pasted that method?

Dokomo thanks for starting this thread! I was trying to find a new route for the mscontins and this seemed the only way to go aside from oral. I'm not into snorting anymore and I IV most of my drugs.
Thank u for ur response and previous posts John burrows. As I am laying here posting with my iPad I will let you know that I have popped my plugging cherry. I won't evn let my fiancé near my exit only trap door! A lot of other females I know do and love it but not me!
Where can I find the BA rates for all substances? I heard there's a chart floating around but haven't found it yet. I will let everyone know of my plugging results in a while. I just did it 10 min ago. Love this forum! Thanks a lot guys! The info is great!

HI guys. forgive me if there is a bette place for this question, or if it's been asked and answered before (if so, tell me where please?O but this seems the best. i know from the thread intro that sub-lingual suboxone gives about a 33% bioavailablility, while snorting gives you about 50. but wouldn't a big factor be the amount being used? i mean. if i crushed up and and snorted 16 mgs of sub, a good deal of that goes down the back of my throat. while if i did like 1/2 mg, it seems like nothing goes down the throat. so, i guess my question is: isn't the bioavailablity of what ever drug you are using inversely proportional to the amount used?

do you know what i mean? thanks for any help peeps.

- catbird.

If you ask me, my answer would be:

The bio-availability %'s are a statistical approach. I am assuming the numbers come from experiments with animals, and I think that the numbers are an average based on A) amount ingested & amount absorbed, and B) route of administration... an example:

A sheep is given 16mg of sublingual buprenorphine ten times, and on average, only 4mg is absorbed. Another sheep is given 8mg ten times, and an average of 4 mg is absorbed. When the results from the experiments are combined, the sheep tends to absorb an average 33% of the given dose.

A bunch of sheep are then subjected to the same experiment, but this time by intranasal administration. After the experiment is done, absorption averages are calculated based on the amount ingested and the amount absorbed...

I would agree with you completely, that there probably is a somewhat inversely proportional relationship, in terms of bioavailability at higher doses. As you mention, a certain amount will likely go to waste, if one is given more buprenorphine than the body can absorb, through the chosen ROA. The surface area under the tongue, in the nasal cavity and sinuses, in the ass, wherever your putting your drug, is naturally a limiting factor in absorption amounts and rates.

^A little info and update on my personal experience might also back up my hunches that I mentioned in my previous post...

I've been taking buprenorphine as Subutex for about 40 days. I started at 16 mg per day, and began a tapering scheme a week ago, and am now down to about 10 mg per day.

I have mainly taken it sublingually, dosing numerous times per day for the first 35 days or so, but only once for the remaining days. The days of multiple ingestions, have provided me with experience of administering variable amounts of Subutex. On three occassions I used a rectal ROA, twice nasal, and the rest have been sublingual.

My observations so far are as follows:

A) Sublingually, numerous smaller doses spread out over a period of a few hours, are cummulatively more effective than a single large-dose administration. Thus, I assume that with this ROA, the smaller the dose, the higher the chances are of absorbing as much buprenorphine as possible.
B) Rectal administration should probably only be done at doses smaller than or equal to 2 mg buprenorphine. With larger amounts, more water is required for complete dissolution of the buprenorphine, which calls for the use of a larger syringe... this does not go well with an untrained asshole. However, absorption seems to be quite high, and one does avoid the annoyances of sublingual administration (e.g. bad taste, prolonged absorption times when salivary glands produce little saliva, and the large amount of wasted product when salivary glands go amok).
C) Nasal administration is uncomfortable when large amounts of Subutex is snorted. I puked immediately after taking my first line ever. I attempted to snort 1 mg of buprenorphine on the first day of heroin withdrawals, and ended up projectile vomiting immediately. However, I followed up on it, with another 1 mg line (this time with slower, and more controlled inhalation), which went down fine. Even with 1 mg, it seemed like a lot went to waste by dripping down my throat. But I think that some of it must get absorbed when passing the pharynx and esophagus, as long as swallowing is avoided for as long as possible. At the time, however, effects were minimal due to my intense heroin withdrawal symptoms, and the low dose taken. But this method seems popular and effective, and I am going to experiment more, once I reach a much lower daily dose.

My conclusions:

My preferred ROA so far is sublingual. For sublingual and nasal ROA, the lower the dose, the better the absorption rates. This also leads to a better cumulative effect, if small doses are taken in intervals over a period of time. With smaller doses, less goes to waste. The large doses require a lot to be absorbed, and this leads to more wastage, due to over/under salivation, lack of accommodation space in the mouth, nasal cavity, pharynx, and esophagus. And lastly, if you wanna go in the back door, do so at doses lower than 2 mg, with 1 ml syringes, unless well acquainted with alternative gear and methods. Rectal administration has almost no 'spillage' and absorption rates are likely relatively high in the rectum. Absorption percentages are probably also higher at lower doses with rectal ROA.

That's some of it... will post more later when I come across any remaining posts. These posts are sort a disclaimer from certain rectal admin procedures, and a postulation about a more safe and successful way of going about the plunge. And see, there was a smart way without copy/paste... just had to click the multiple quote buttons, and they stay activated while you navigate to antoher thread, and when you click reply, you can post all the posts in one message easy peasy, with a nice automated layout. Exactly as I wanted. I shouldn't even have asked, I usually figure things out anyways.... Sort of when you ask someone if they've seen something that you're looking for, and then you find it in an obvious spot right after asking and then feel stupid for asking...

Last edited:
To be more precise, the goal is too avoid the solution to reach the upper part of the rectum. This ensures that drugs will by-pass the hepatic ‘first-pass’ elimination, by going in the systemic circulation, not the portal system.

Source : http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/43/2/177.full.pdf

Thank you Thank you plus infinity Freakyb. This ROA just would not work for me even though I (until now) thought I was following all the years of previous instructions to a tee. I tried it with H and with codeine and both times all that eventuated was numbness and constipation : (
To the OP thanks for the chance of talking about my arse rather than through it ^_^
About the Gay stuff, what I just cannot fathom is why anyone (over the age of 16) would have a problem with it being inferred. I mean unless the post shows genuine wit then the poster becomes the wally so it couldn't be better and everyone gets to see who the real idiots are!
<3
Hari Om
edtree
btw bwanajzj
thanks for the time and effort mate ^_^

Try it and let us know!

I think one of the main reasons there hasn't been much experimenting with "pot plugging" is that it has high bioavailability through other ROA. With most opiates, there is a big gap in effectiveness between oral and IV - this is why plugging opiates is popular - it gives you nearly the same BA as IV but is much safer.

And there is also the fact that the nature of the high is usually a little different with various ROA; even if you're a daily opiate injector, it's worth trying a plug for the sake of trying something new.

It's also a very good idea to have a backup plan just in case, for whatever reason, you can't IV at the moment...

Hey JB, don't think one could have any more of a 'BACK-UP' plan than plugging. Big giggle mate just couldn't resist ^_^
Also thanks for sharing. Was guilty of two things wrong here. Up too Far and Up too fast. Ha!
Hari Om
edtree

I just plugged for the first time with a turkey baster :D

Don't invite me for Thanksgiving. : )
Hari Om
edtree

Last edited by a moderator:
My best plugging story of all time

Being a man of natural curiosity (and truth be told sometimes UNatural), when I try a new drug I also like to try all routes of administration (ROA) and see how they differ.

Before I began IV, I would always plug my dilaudid (every day for 18 months, baby! I'd ask for a trophy but I'm afraid of what it would look like). Of course I had tried swallowing the pills (lame) and snorting (not bad) but plugging was, by far, the best.

But one day I realized I hadn't tried sub-lingual (under the tongue for you kiddies out there). For many drugs, sub lingual can be far more effective than straight up oral, so I decided to plop a nice, fresh 8mg dilaudid under my tongue and wait for the fun to begin.

And I waited and waited. After about 20 mins, I decided to call it quits, since obviously nothing spectacular was going to happen.

Of course, over those 20 mins of keeping my mouth dutifully closed and carefully not swallowing, quite a large pool of saliva had built up in there.

I swear it was like a river of spit... But not just any old spit, it was dilaudid-infused SUPER spit. I thought about just swallowing it, but then I remembered how ineffective dialudid is orally, and I didn't want that 8mg pill to go to waste!

Obviously it was way too late to snort it.. So... That's right ladies and gentlemen...

I plugged my own spit! :p

I just grabbed my favorite oral "plugging" syringe, pulled out the stopper and spitooied into the barrel, going on to plug the "solution" as I normally would.

But you know what?

It worked %)

think i just wasted 300mg morphine sulfate plugged 25 min ago not feelin much :(
cant iv anymore cuz i killed all my veins .... sad now

totally new to plugging although I have plugged before.Here are a few questions.
***what about sterilization?***
I am an IV user and sterilization is a must. I believe in a "one time use" philosophy but I have used luer lock syringes when I had access to new tips. The problem I came across with luer lock syringes is that I over clean them. Alcohol dries out the rubber stopper and the plunger inevitably ends up coming loose from the stopper and once this happens the syringe is no longer reliable. There is nothing worse than pulling back to register and the plunger comes flying out of the rubber stopper leaving you with a badly blown vein.

-what is the recommended cleaning procedure for you regular pluggers?

-is it less important to clean the inside of the syringe versus the outside?

-if you plan to plug more than once-say back to back-is it necessary to clean the syringe in between plugs?

-since I see nowhere that filtering is involved,does this mean that getting trash fever,or cotton fever as I have heard it called,is less likely or unlikely?

-why does this ROA seem to make the binders and fillers in pills an obsolete factor where as in IV use it is a HUGE factor?

I think that is it for now...if I think of any other questions,I know where to come for the answers.

Great thread. Very informative and makes a very convincing case as to an alternative to IV use.
Thanks to all!
Much Peace and Love....................skillz <3