• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

I wonder if drinking a little alcohol before plugging would make plugging more efficient, since alcohol is a vasodilator...

i would also like to know if there is an easily obtainable vasodilator type thing in regards to achieving higher bioavail rectally

any help :) ?

i would also like to know if there is an easily obtainable vasodilator type thing in regards to achieving higher bioavail rectally

any help :) ?

IIRC, propranolol is widely prescribed and a vasodilator. but i'm not going to look it up, so if i'm wrong, plz correct me.

plugging amphetamine pills

I decided to try plugging amphetamine pills for a change rather than eating, hopefully I'll get a little rush.

I have 2 different choices...

1) Adderall IR ("b 973" / "20")
2) pink generic 'equivalent' ("cor 136")

Are there any potential irritations from plugging either of these, such as yeast infection or things of that sort (as I have heard adderall may contain sugar/sucrose). I'd probably get higher with the Adderall brand even when its 10mg less than the pink one bc the pink's are shitty (from experience), but since the Adderall may contain sugar, should I go with the pink cor (does this have sugar?). Please note any potential plugging complications for each one, and your overall opinion of which I should plug.

I'm trying to do this by early tommorow. Please any advice. Sorry for the haste I barely ever do amph so when I do it feels special.

I plug my daily dose of Dexedrine ER by crushing up the little beads and I have never had any problems so far in the months I have been doing it off and on when I feel like it. You should be fine.

I've used an Adderal 30mg tablet once or twice in this manner as well and I'm pleased to announce that it was nothing but pleasant. If you have any specific questions don't be hesitant to ask.

^^Word. How would plugging affect the qualitative aspects? IME plug highs in general feel "cleaner" than oral (more comfortable, less foggy), and with more of a rush. Is this the case: how's the rush and cleanliness compared to oral Addy? Also how does duration and comedown compare. thanks

What is the ideal substance to liquid ratio for plugging?

As far as what would be most efficient...

I've read some say as little as possible to the opposite.

A small amount would make sense since if the action is osmosis then it would be going from a greater concentration to a lesser, right?

But then I'm thinking maybe more liquid would cover a greater surface area.

I have tried both myself but I haven't been able to come to a conclusion because there were way too many other variables going on.

If anyone has some medical knowledge, that would be great! Thanks!

The large intestine absorbs water across the lumenal lining. So the more watery the mixture, the easier it'll be absorbed. If it's a paste it won't be easily absorbed.

I feel like this question gets answered alot...and it might work to some extent, but the pill really won't dissolve very well in your rectum. The only really effective way to plug is to dissolve the pills in water (hydromorphone would dissolve pretty easily) and use a needleless syringe to deliver the goods.

You really are best going with the technique that was posted in the second reply. You can easily buy a 10ml non-needle syringe (typically used to baby feeding) and crushing up the pill or powder you want to use will increase the surface area considerably, it would be the difference between chopping up your powder if you were going to snort it, or putting it up there in one big clump with a cellulose wrapping around it. It really makes no sense to do it any other way.

1. Crush your pill(s) into a very fine powder.

2. Place the powder into a 3ml syringe.

3. Add 2 mls warm water. Shake until fully dissolved.

4. Lubricate/clean anus with warm water.

5. Insert syringe (without needle) approximately 1 inch into anus.

6. Inject slowly -- you don't want to squirt it too far. Just right inside the sphincter is fine.

7. Enjoy your opioid.

This is more or less the only technique that is viable to use. Granted it takes a minimal amount of supplies and a little bit of effort to over-come the "gay" factor, but it really is the only way I like to take any medication that can be used this way and illicit a rush or high from.

I plug my daily dose of Dexedrine ER by crushing up the little beads and I have never had any problems so far in the months I have been doing it off and on when I feel like it. You should be fine.

I've used an Adderal 30mg tablet once or twice in this manner as well and I'm pleased to announce that it was nothing but pleasant. If you have any specific questions don't be hesitant to ask.

Since this thread got merged I feel the need to come back and explain this post. I have been consistently taking my dexedrine dose rectally for the past 6-8 months and my methadone the same way every now and then as well, and for the life of me I can't say that I could think of any detriment to my health or any type of complication. Occasionally there is the need to let a bowel movement through and I get a little hesitant to take my dose and some of it gets absorbed a little slower, but if you are doing this every day, as long as you aren't using filthy toilet water as dilution fluid and be sure to not let any foreign material sit on the syringe between applications you shouldn't have any health problems from this. Just in case, I like to run my syringes (I alternate every week or so, but you may not have this luxury) under hot/boiling water to remove any potential pathogens that could linger on the outer walls of the plastic, but since you arn't going to IV I would guess your body's defense mechanisms are much more effective than inserting somethin directly into your bloodstream.

Could anyone enlighten me on what, if any, the differences are between the immune system from when you take something orally/nasally and when you take it rectally?

Last edited:
Here's a good question, for oxycodone...

Would it be better to use more water because more water will distribute the oxy better to rectal membranes (surface-area)?

Or would it be better to use less water (assuming enough to dissolve all the oxy) because less water takes less time to absorb, thereby leading to a faster onset and better rush?

I wonder if drinking a little alcohol before plugging would make plugging more efficient, since alcohol is a vasodilator...
You can buy poppers :D they are a vasodilator and they give you a small buzz that's kind of good. So you can get high wile getting high 8o
I've used them b4 but never to stick something up my bum hole.

Lube? Meh. Bit o' spit does the job just fine, in my experience.

Would it be better to use more water because more water will distribute the oxy better to rectal membranes (surface-area)?

More water should work better in theory... in practice I've noticed no difference myself.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or might be able to tell me what im doing wrong...been rx'd methylfenidate for the past couple of months, and I recently took a week or two break from them to let my tolerance go away a bit, got my rx filled and took 20mgs(double dose)...nothing....yesterday i went a bit crazy and took maybe 10 or 11 all day, felt it...all this is oral admin....I actually prefer to plug it as in the past it has seemed more of relaxed buzz and is more economical...however, i haven't experienced any kinda RUSH really like some talk about and it seems equi-potent to oral except the onset is faster and it seems to last longer....i just bumped 30 mgs at 2 and just did another 30mgs just now and its not really hitting...no euphoria...now my method is to crush the pills fine...dissolve in warm water...then i use an ear bulb syringe to administer...now my questions are...im not using 5mls of water or 10 mls of water...im eyeballing the water amount and its prolly somewhere around 50ml-100ml...also the pills never FULLY dissolve...the solution is always cloudy...so im wondering....is this tolerance that is taking away the euphoria? or is the (too much) water/syringe thing causing problems? Ive only deviated slightly from the recommended system...so im wondering if anyone else had some opinions on whats happening here?