• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

i heard...

...that BL doesnt put up with homophobic shit like you described. grow the fuck up. - leftwing

Last edited by a moderator:
so I am on suboxone maintenance and I recently started using the technique found on here where you use alcohol and a cotton to hold it under your tongs and I saw great results, is it possible to use alcohol instead of water with plugging? It might sting though

so I am on suboxone maintenance and I recently started using the technique found on here where you use alcohol and a cotton to hold it under your tongs and I saw great results, is it possible to use alcohol instead of water with plugging? It might sting though

You could use a little bit of ethanol diluted with a LOT of water (itd reduce the sting), but the rectal BA of suboxone is already pretty good, so I'm not sure how big of a difference you'd see with it. If you end up trying it, be careful to only use a SMALL bit of alcohol heavily diluted, and let us know how it works!

I'm seconding Pali's suggestion that if you insist on trying the alcohol up the shooter with your bup that you use VERY LITTLE. I can't imagine that pain. It may easily be horrible and potentially damaging.

In fact, really, try it without alcohol first to see if that satisfies you. There are threads (by enoughorgejuice ?) on plugging suboxone that suggest impressive results. You don't want to have to explain that one to the ER.

I'm seconding Pali's suggestion that if you insist on trying the alcohol up the shooter with your bup that you use VERY LITTLE. I can't imagine that pain. It may easily be horrible and potentially damaging.

In fact, really, try it without alcohol first to see if that satisfies you. There are threads (by enoughorgejuice ?) on plugging suboxone that suggest impressive results. You don't want to have to explain that one to the ER.

Alright so i have tested plugging several times with unremarkable results. I take 1mg 3x daily and for my 3rd dose of the day i decided to just use 0.75 mg of suboxone with 1.5ml of grey goose vodka (my ass will only drink the good stuff). And to be honest, it hurt, was it unbearable? No. But it was enough that i said to myself i want this to be over now. What proceeded was interesting. I started feeling really strange within 5 minutes, i thought i was starting to feel a good little opiate buzz coming on but it was very different. Within 15 minutes i was starting to feel nauseated and after 20 minutes i was laying down and closing my eyes to feel better. This lasted for about 30 minutes until i was able to sit upright and feel ok. It has been 1 hour and i now feel like 85% normal with what i think is a decent opiate buzz but with i twinge of nausea.

This was very strange for me, i have taken suboxone COUNTLESS times and i have NEVER felt a reaction like this. Never. I am unsure if it was the suboxone or the alcohol or the combo but i can tell you that i didn't like it.

Perform at your own risk but i wouldn't mind someone else doing it to confirm or to question my experience.

Suppository-Pain Killers

lol i dont plan on doing this, but i heard putting pain killers up the butt get you alot higher, anyone ever try it?

lol i dont plan on doing this, but i heard putting pain killers up the butt get you alot higher, anyone ever try it?

Which "pain killers" (opioids) are you referring? Also, by "alot higher," higher than which other way of taking them?

In general, plugging an opioid will be better than swallowing it, and it usually provides the second highest bioavailability for that drug [second to needles (IV/IM/SC)]. There are some exceptions though. For example, you don't want to plug a pro-drug, like codeine, because it needs the first-pass metabolism that swallowing it provides (and plugging bypasses).

That's anal opioids in a nutshell. So, which drug(s) are you specifically referring to?

Gas and Plugging

Simple question. If someone were to plug a substance, what would happen if they pass gas? Would the fart weaken the effects of the substance? Would it stink more, or give people second hand high? That being said, im sure you have to watch your bowels and wait until the substance is absorbed. Ive never plugged before, but what if that were to happen? Would they fart the drugs out?

We have a mega thread on plugging man, do you think you could post questions like this in it in the future?

Simple question. If someone were to plug a substance, what would happen if they pass gas? Would the fart weaken the effects of the substance? Would it stink more, or give people second hand high? That being said, im sure you have to watch your bowels and wait until the substance is absorbed. Ive never plugged before, but what if that were to happen? Would they fart the drugs out?

I think you would be just fine IMO - unless you're not positioned correctly (butt facing upward in the air) I don't think you would lose the product this way.

I have never tried plugging so I don't know though - I put it in here so some experienced pluggers could help you out.

I don't know if this will help or it it is any better than the other guide created, but here is aguide I created for another forum:

Me said:
Plugging Basics (The Opiate Version)

As you know, with most opiates there are lots of ways to enjoy them. I am going to give some very sound reasons and the method by which you can effectively get better usage out of placing your opiates in your rectum: Also known as “plugging”.

Why Plug?

For starters it’s usually the best way to get the most out of your opiates. From a bioavailability standpoint, more drug gets into your system via your rectal cavity then any other method other than intravenous (IV). Essentially, you can use less drug to get more high. Not bad, at all.

Also, duration is significantly increased. You will feel your opiates longer if you decide to plug.

What Do I Need

Not very much actually: This method is simple and requires three things: An oral syringe, a very small amount of water and an opiate.

For most the hardest thing to come by is the infant syringe. But, once you know how to get them, it is the easiest part: Almost as easy as getting the water! Just go to any pharmacy, including the ones that are in grocery stores (except Fred Meyers. Their syringes are funny). Simply walk up to the counter and say “I need an oral infant syringe”. They may give you some options but they wil not give you a hard time. If, for some reason, they ask, simply say; “My mom put the one that came in the box in the dishwasher and all the numbers came off”.

The best one is the 10 mL simply because it is most versatile. The 5 mL will do. The 1 mL is too small for beginners. Just ask for a bigger one.

By the way, in the states, Walgreens is the best place to acquire oral syringes.

I Have the Proper Equipment, Now What?

Go potty. Really. If you can do it, take a nice long poop. If you want/can, you can even get one of those saline enemas (the three pack is the best deal, money wise: $3) to get all nice and clean in there. Wipe really good or use baby wipes. Wash your hands really good.

Step One
Get the opiate into the water.

There are a lot of different ways to do this. The most common way is to crush the pills in some container. Then, using the syringe, pull in 6-8 mL of water and put it in the same container as the pills. Mix. Then draw up the mixture into the syringe.

If you are dealing with compounded opiates (Vicoden, Percocet, etc), you do NOT need to do a cold-water extraction. You can actually stack (up to six) pills inside a 10 mL syringe and draw water up past the pills. Shake it vigorously for about a minute and it will turn into a paste that you can plug.

edit: ***** adds; Sometimes using the whole pill method you end up with a top pill that is cemented to the top of the syringe near the tip. No amount of shaking seems to break it free. In these moments, a straightened out paper clip or a safety pin (or anything that can be pushed into the tip without damaging the tip of the syringe) can be inserted to push the stuck pill into the water. Thanks for the recommendation *****!

Non-compounded opiates (OxyContin*, Dilaudid, Morphine Sulphate) can be a little more difficult but require far less water. You can still crush, mix, add and draw or you can do the above, “stack and draw” as well. If you decide to stack and draw, you need HOT, hotter than the tap, water. Water temperature should be between 140 and 170 degrees F (60 and 77 C). Non-compounded opiates have a tendency to be pressed harder together. With the “really hot water”, using the stack and draw method, you shouldn’t have to shake the syringe for more than 3 or 4 minutes.

*edit: It had been awhile since I had OxyContin but I must've been getting a different brand (I now have the Tevas). As you know, they gel up. It doesn't make it un-pluggable or even make it impossible to not have to crush but it is a little more difficult. It's a lot easier when dealing with any dosage of pill larger than a OxyContin 20 mg, just crush, add water and suck up the jellied mess into the syringe.

After that, place some Vaseline on the base of the top of the syringe. Not necessarily the tip but where the tip widens. Use as much or as little as you want. If you are using a 1 mL, 3 mL or 5 mL syringe, you can even go “dry”.

Great, The Opiate is in the Water. How exactly….?

Step two
Get the Water into you.

Keep this in mind: The syringe is smaller in diameter than a normal piece of excrement and shorter in length as well.

It’s only uncomfortable because you haven’t done it before.

Get naked from the waist down. You can leave your socks on. After you’ve plugged a few times you’ll be able to do it by lowering your pants but for the first time, keep everything out of your way.

Lay down on the side opposite the hand you use to write with: If you are right handed, lay on your left side, etc.

Lift your leg (the one not on the floor) as high up and back as you possibly can and using the syringe that is in your writing hand, find your anus.

Insert the syringe up to the plunger base: All the way, if you will.

Reach down with your other hand and brace the syringe and press the plunger to get the opiates into yourself.

Count to 5

Slowly remove syringe. (If you wait long enough it will actually shoot out on its own.)

Congratulations, you have plugged an opiate!

Hooray! Now what?

Step three
The waiting. Simply lay on your stomach or side for 1-1/2 minutes for every mL of liquid you get into your rectum: 6 mL of water means 9 minutes of waiting.

You’ll start to feel the opiates very quickly.

I’m Kind of Giddy, Now… What?

Clean it up. You can choose to clean up or throw away the syringe. I use it for about a week and then get a new one. I clean it with hot water and antibacterial soap. If I need to keep it longer than a week, I’ll boil it in the microwave.

That’s really it. In a nutshell:

Stack
Suck
Shake
Shoot

Questions? Did I miss anything?

A lot of people at that forum have PM'd me to let me know that it worked "brilliantly" for them.

The only thing I would add these days is that you know the "motion" you make when you are trying to NOT poop. Do this one time for every mL of liquid before you remove the syringe. You won't have any "dribble" issues, at all.

Last edited:
yayyy pix! <3
your method has been working great for plugging my suboxone. i've been able to make the most of it!

Nice guide, Pix. I really don't find a need to wait around for the solution to absorb personally but it certainly can't hurt :)

There are some exceptions though. For example, you don't want to plug a pro-drug, like codeine, because it needs the first-pass metabolism that swallowing it provides (and plugging bypasses).

It's odd, but I find plugging codeine to be very effective. Dunno why cos it shouldn't be with the metabolism thing but it works for me. I am a freak of nature though.

Sure it's been mentioned already but worth another mention cos it caught me out again earlier - solutions for plugging should be warm. Not hot cos that burns but not cold cos it tends to cause a bit of cramping and makes you want to dive for the toilet before having time to absorb properly. Does with me anyway and I find warm solutions are far more comfortable.

Ok. I want to plug codeine and have some questions. Is it important to do a CWE? There also seems to be conflict on the effectiveness of plugging it as compared to oral admin. please help reach a final answer.

In theory codeine shouldn't really work rectally, I believe. In practice it seems to - for me at least. I find it significantly stronger than oral dosing - the usual near doubling of potency you get with many plugged drugs. I know it shouldn't work like that but it seems to with me...

I presume (possibly wrongly) that a CWE would be necessary if the amount of paracetamol involved is high just the same as with oral dosing.

Would be interested to hear from others on the efficacy of rectal codeine myself as theory and practice don't seem to match, in my experience.

Ok. Is it then safe to assume that all drugs that require 1st pass metabolism arent effective when plugged eg soma,codeine and maybe heroin? Still looking to get precise info on whether the CWE is necessary.