Assignment Need Amphetamine User Input!

I know this post is rather old, but I am just viewing it now and wanted to say good job with being able to titrate the opiates. I beleive that weening off of any kind of drug that the body is physically and psychologically addicted to is a challenge, requiring a good amount of self discipline and determination. Also, sometimes when we are forced to do something because of certain situations (yours being not having a connection anymore), it ends up being a blessing. More times than not, we would have never made that decision to stop the drug use if it were up to us to make the choice and weren't forced into stopping. Keep the faith whereever you may be in your attempts to be healthy and have peace in your life

I only have a noticeable comedown from adderall when I take even one extra pill than my prescribed dosage. I have found drinking about a liter of water, a packet of my vitamins that contains chelated mag, calcium, vitamin C, zinc, assorted b vitamins and fish oil, a banana, and (I know there is some evidence that this is somewhat dangerous) 1/2 of a 10mg Bystolic or other beta blocker. Small dose of xanax if I have any but it's not a necessity.Then I'll eat what I can, carbs + protein, usually a banana and some peanut butter. In less than 30 minutes I'm all better and ready for a nap...
For Ritalin, there is nothing that could help the hell that is mph withdrawal. I need either a big dose of strong benzo, example around 90 mg of temazepam OR some booze, at least a full bottle of wine. So I don't ever take ritalin. Even therapeutic use caused my alcohol and benzo usage to increase to crazy out of controlness.

To whom it may concern:
Since 1994, the most effective stimulant for my diagnosis of ADHD combined type, (the at age 44) was overall this:
Dexedrine Spansule brand name, made in the 1990's by Smith Kline Beecham. A merger, )so common in this era, caused
the original Smith Kline French of Philadelphia, PA, to move their headquarters, to Research Triangle Park North Carolina, after post 9/11. For me it was a catch 22 with the Dexedrine Spansule 15 mg largest size, as it always took me about one full hour for the "pill to kick in" as my Psychiatrist, had me on Deseryl (Trazodone 100mg) at bedtime, which left me 8 to 9 hours later with a non euphoric hangover. He actually prescribed me to take one Dexedrine 15mg at wakeup, in the early Am, and another one of 15mg by 1PM in the afternoon, which, I found "too stimulating" overall, (the 2nd Dexedrine brand) thus, for a brief while, he gave me the (now discontinued) 5mg instant release Dexedrine Sulfate orange hearts embossed
E-19 and with the embossment SKF on the triangular pill. My Psychiatrist is also a Addictionologist, and, due to my long ago
history of using recreational drugs, from marijuana to Quaaludes, he changed his mind, and, placed me by the year 2000, on
Richwood, 10 mg Adderall instant release, as a afternoon booster, if and when, my original Dexedrine Spansule 15mg beginning "petering out".

As we all know by now, Glaxo Smith Kline, discontinued the 5 mg inexpensive instant release Dexedrine Sulfate, in 2009, after a production run, since 1937. GSK also discontinued the 10 and 15 mg Dexedrine Spansule during the final quarter of the year 2010, with their Dexedrine Spansule patented tapered end capsules..............................only later to be picked up
by a small pharmaceutical manufacturer, "under license by GlaxcoSmithKline for 3 years, to manufacture the "Dexedrine Spansules" copyright, with a 300%+ increase in the Average Wholesale Price, of the Dexedrine Spansule Brand Name. (Something like from $100.00 per 90 caps, to over $300.00 per 90 caps) during the year 2010. I assume, most common folks, like me, switched over to Barr Labs, generic non-tapered end sustained release Dexedrine Extended Release capsules,
which also, had a big price increase, to about $257.00 per 90 capsules. I blame part of this, on Barr Labs, once a 100% owned company from either Kentucky or Pennsylvania, to, the merger, of Ranbaxy of India, who bought out Barr Labs, during
late December of 2008. Ranbaxy went further than that, they bought out the name of Dexedrine Spansules, name brand, as well as generic name, from UK based Glaxo Smith Kline, with US headquarters, in North Carolina. The fate of the 5 mg Dexedine 5 mg orange hearts E-19 embossed triangular pills, I understand,yet went out to another USA pharmaceutical mfg, who of course, raised the average wholesale price of Dexedrine instant release "Sulfate" as happened in our neighbor country,
Canada, during this transition. "Paladin Labs now makes Dextroamphetamine sulfate for citizens of Canada" Source: Genetic
Engineering Biotechnology News" December 8th 2010.

Core Pharma and Glaxo Smith Kline conclude agreement on US rights for Dexedrine Spansule thru a new formed subsidiary, called, Amedra Pharmaceuticals, on October 22, of 2010. Core Pharma is based out of Middlesex, NJ USA.

I have personally experienced the reality of seeing the Average Wholesale Cost of all brands of original Dexedrine and
Dexedrine Spansules, go "thru the roof" in my lifetime" due to all of these mergers. Source" REDBOOK Pharmacy's Fundamental Reference 113th year of publication year 2009, and 114th year of publication, year 2010. Publisher, PDR, Inc,
disgtributed by Thomson Reuters. My insurance company, will not pay for the radical price increase of brand name Dexedrine in any form, unless, I pay "out of pocket". Thus I use Barr Labs, of Sellersville, PA versions of Dexedrine generic
d-amphetamine.

Out of nearly 20 years use of stimulants, as I have passed the age of 60 years old, I have taken it upon myself, to
self administer, (to my regret), Oxycodone, in usually the form of the generic 5mg/325 mg of APAP, "in my interpretation, with a aging male body, to re-energize my former fatique less body, with the well know addictive pain med. I have also,
on occasion, been able to obtain the pure Oxy Contin 20 mg tablets, that, I carefully grind up, and snort with a straw. (Again
to my regret) Why? for some reason, after using d-amphetamines, mostly Dexedrine, Dexedrine Spansules, and Richwood, (now) Barr generic Instant release Adderall, even to some Ciba brand Ritalin.............have found that they do not work for me, as they did so faithfully, for so very long in my 40's and my 50's. (age range). I conclude, that, my self administering of
the narcotic Oxycodone, which initially, gave me the energy lift I craved, that Dexedrine gave me for a very long time, was
"the answer" to my problems. Now past age 62, and with street availability, much less, and frankly at times non existent, I
regret using the Oxycodone Percocet generics, 5/325, or the OxyContin 40 mg, pills, I chose to crush, to snort, to minimize a
fear of a overdose. When I know use just the either brand name Dexedrine Sulfate, or Dexedrine Spansules, or the usual generic equivalent using Barr Labs generic Adderall I/R (Teva of Sellersville PA), I no longer get the "rush" I crave when I
mixed both together for at least two years non stop. I now see why Oxycodone is labeled so addictive. I would like to go back and forget my experiment using Oxycodone, but, I can't seem to get more than 4 to 6 week of abstinence, without going back to the black market to locate Oxycodone. Otherwise, I am either partially Depressed, or totally depressed, much of the time. Amphetamines alone, only, now, allow me to get out of bed, and partially function to do the mundane tasks of daily living.

that is my story. Yes, if I can get any, I will take a Clonazepam or the hypnotics Zolpidem and/or Pfizer Halcion in the evening, to wind down my anxieties, and, depression. I also have began to drink calculated amounts of alcohol in the evenings, after 28 years in AA, to relieve my constant frustration, as I am beginning retirement, and living as a lone wolf
divorcee.

Part II from Zachery Swan:
Of three USA Psychiatrists, who have monitored me, since June 28, 1994, until, the present month.................................
my last Psychiatrist, I have seen 6 times a year, since January of 1999, told me, I quote him....around
the year 2009, my 15th year on 24/7 use of d-amphetamine, L-amphetamine, or Methyphenidate (Ritalin),
"that from here on out, the stimulants, will begin to work against me, with my ADHD symptoms, 314.00,
Anxiety Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, 300.00., and a newer diagnosis since the year 2011, OCD 300.3,
and, as my Psychiatrist saw it, my depressive symptoms, have been getting worse, since my turbulent Divorce,
at age 57, my M.D calls it Dysthymic Disorder. He made it clear to me in January of 2013, that, he wants me to
taper down, on my own timeframe, until, I no longer take any amphetamines. He told me "I am a test case, that,
he has never had a patient, on long term use of amphetamines, who started the drug, in their middle 40's,...... but,
has got patients, who started stimulants, as a child, and, the 7 to 15 year old patients, are still doing fine, now,
in their 30 something age range. (now) and are "calm". The difference with them and me is "I am no longer calm"
I do not know the correct phrase, but there is data out there, about the long term effects of decades of use of
stimulants, on the brain, the neurotransmittors, and, what little I can gather is not comforting, that, "I call it
"Speed Burnout" for lack of a better word. The Depression that follows the "comedown" effects nearly everyone, even
"normal people" who are on a speed run, say, just to get thru med school, or law school, after days of use, then, they
sleep a lot, and, eat a lot, and of course are depressed, and out of "energy". But they recover rather quickly, like in 4 or 5
days.

With me, on C-II stimulants, for 19 years, and 6 months, the "comedown" ....well.......it leaves me, in a state of mind, to
where I call it, I feel disabled, and, I do not think I could hold a job, for 40 hrs a week and focus, with the way I feel now, as
I have actually gone cold turkey twice this year, for 15 days at a time, but, only leave my condo to buy food, or, to get $$$ out of the bank, my depression, has caused me to skip shaving, for days on end, and, to not be the tidy perfectionist I was with my housecleaning. I wonder, looking back, was it worth it, to get my original diagnosis of ADHD, when I was 45?

What did I accomplish? Well, two college degrees, that I was ready to give up on, a very difficult examination, qualifying me as a General Contractor, in my home state, getting married for the first time, at age 45, (that lasted 12 years), and, to
remain gainfully employed, until I got divorced, in late 2007, that is when, I got the big attitude change, and apparently, it
shows, around professional clinical medical members who have known me for decades.

In the late 1960's and up until around the middle 1970's, yes I did experiment, with most of the drugs, the original poster, had target specific questions about. The only drug that I did not use, on that list, was technically MMDA, "Ecstasy", but I did
experiment with its powerful 1st cousin, "MDA" and it was a mind blowing positive, very sexual and very spiritual trip, I shall never forget. I hated Angel Dust, as I was a victim, and, 3 times, it had been adulterated in marijuana I smoked, or had been
adulterated with heavily cut powered Cocaine, and, I do not remember much of the experience, except, I remember blacking out every time, and, once, having a violent seizure, and, tore up some things where I lived, apparently, from having the
unpredictable "Rage a holic" effects, the animal tranquilizer, Angel Dust, or PCP, has been known to cause.
Cocaine, I snorted the powered version, and, in my shame, yes, I had LPN's around me, who introduced me to the IV use of
Cocaine. That drug, was the most addictive medication, I have ever placed in my body. I had to go to Detox, and a 42 day
treatment center, to get away from some 70's drug smugglers, that, kept, dragging me down with that drug. The comedown on Cocaine, was awful as I remember it, very depressing, as one wants to repeat, the initial high one gets at the first snort, or, the first injection. I used Methaqualone heavily, to knock myself out, to thwart, the cravings for Cocaine, and I have not used any in over, 32 years now. AA and NA helped me immensely, for I'd say 15 years, even after, I started using the legal
stimulants, with a "legal diagnosis" of ADHD. (I just kept that info to myself) dropped out of NA, but continued AA from 1983
until, 2009. Now, I only attend ACOA, and Alanon like once a week.

If someone asked me, if their child had a dx of ADHD or Narcolepsy, I don't know now what I would tell this party. I have
mixed feelings about the entire matter, because I am having such a hard time, getting off of all amphetamines. (all legally
prescribed to me). I would worry, about the long term effects a developing child might have, if they started using a stimulant.
I still am a advocate and member of ADDA.org, and attended national conventions, in the late 1990's, but my attitude, has
changed, now that I am in my 60's. I guess it comes down to this, if the person, with a new Dx of ADD also has a co-morbid
MENTAL ILLNESS, like, 2 or 3 at the same time, I would be quite cautious, of recommending amphetamines to a male or female of any age, due to the complex effects, it might have with someone with several mental illness disorders at the same time, (such as me). I am off my soapbox for now. Sorry for the ranting.

Im going to leave MDMA out as I dony think the OP wanted that info

What Amphetamine's you have experience with.

Amphetamine sulphate
Meth amphetamine
Ritalin
MPA

What the comedown was like on that certain Amphetamine

Amphetamine sulphate - Farigue and mild depression' proportionaal with size and length of intake

Meth amphetamine - Maybe a little worse than above

Ritalinv- bit on edgey nothing of note

MPA - OK a little run doen snd some nausra.

Would you use this Amphetamine again? Or was the comedown too hellish?

Which one \\\\i use sulphate quite often meth less so, not interested in the others

How you dealt with that comedown

I have to work sso jusy extra food and fluids ans extra restm sometimes I use Xanaz but it normally takes ss week to be back to baseine as my use is typically 3 days o .

^Wow, was that Desbutal relatively easy to get on back in the day? It sounds amazing! Almost more like a recreational drug cocktail designed by a connoisseur than an actual medication...
@BlueHues,
From 1965, until, July of 1973, Abbott Labs "Desbutal" was relatively easy to get, well, I'd say until the last year, being 1973. It came to the pharmacy in 5 mg bright green capsules, with 5 mg of methamphetamine hydrochloride, and 30 mg of sodium Pentobarbital, in bottles of 100 and 500. The Desbutal 10mg Gradument
tablets, contained 10mg of methamphetamine and 60 mg of sodium Pentobarbital, in bottles of 100 and 500 count.(the tablets were orange one side and blue on the other side, embossed with a distinct small unique "a", the capsules of 5 mg, were embossed ABBOTT on one side, and again the distinct small "a" of the same end of the capsule. Finally, the Desoxn Gradument 15mg contained 15 mg of Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, and 90 mg. of Sodium Pentobarbital, both in bottles of 50, and bottles to 500 count to the pharmacies around the USA. Also, Desoxyn plain, came in 3 different sizes, methamphetamine hydrochloride convention I/R tablets,
as, 10mg Gradumet tablets, and as 15 mg Desoxyn Gradumet tablets. Quote from the 1973 PDR page 504 "gradumet is inert, porous, plastic matrix, which is im
pregnated with Desoxyn. The drug is released slowly from the Gradumet as it passes through the gastrointestinal tract.

President Nixon formed the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs in 1970, and the name was changed, to the Drug Enforcement Administration in the year 1973. Based on Congressional hearings in 1971, the Senate, and House of Representatives, moved, "most" amphetamines to a Schedule II from a Schedule III, and,
all combination amphetamines with a tranquilizer, or a hypnotic, or a barbiturate, were banned from production, except one target specific drug. Smith Kline and French, successfully delayed, the DEA from removing their combination drug of, 10mg and 15 mg, (Dexamyl Spansules, 10 mg coded D92 1/2 green and 1/2 green and white pellets inside the clear spansule,having65 mg of amobarbital I/R. the 15mg capsule looked the same, but was coded D93, and had more barbitutate
in the capsule, (97 mg.), while the smallest Dexamyl tablet, had 5 mg "Dextroamphetamine sulfate I/R" and 32 mg of Sodium Amytal I/R. It was so popular, ii was
easily noticed as a the triangular heart in bright green embossed SKF. The Spansules were marketed in bottles of 50 and 500, while the smaller 5 mg were marketed in 100 and 1,000 count. Dexamyl was also made in a Elixir, liquid, taken one teaspoon three times a day, sold to drug stores in 16 ounce bottles!!! SK&F finally lost
their battle to have their incredible extention of this med, in the year 1982, almost 9 years, after the competitors had to remove their products by Federal statute.
(the late John Bulushi, was a known in his circles, to take Dexamyl, and, was high wired on the drug from media sources, when he did the summersalts in the church,
when the late James Brown was singing, in "the Blues Brothers" filmed in 1980.

Stimulants I have tried:
Benzedrine 5 mg Sulfate
Benzedrine 10mg Spansules
Benzedrine 15mg Spansules
Desbutal 10 mg Gradumet
Desbutal 15 mg Gradumet
Dexedrine 5 mg Sulfate
Dexedrine 10mg Spansule
Dexedrine 15 mf Spansule
BiPhetamine 20
Bephetamine 12.5
BiPhetamine T20 (famed red and black capsules with methaqualone)
Ritalin 5mg
Ritalin 10mg
Ritalin 20mg
Ritalin SR 10mg
Preludin (Phenmetrazine 25mg)
Preludin Enduret 50 mg
Preludin Enduret 75 mg
Tepanil TenTab 75 mg
Tenuate 25mg
Tenuate Dospan 75mg.
Adderall 5mg I/R
Adderall 10mg I/R
Adderall 12.5mg I/R
Adderall 20 mg I/R
Obetrol 10mg (name changed to Adderall 1993)
Obetrol 20mg (name changed to Adderall 1993)
Desoxyn (original) without any barbiturate, the 5 mg size
What did I do to calm down with the crash? a Cold Beer, and a 10mg Valium or a Arnar Stone Sopor, a Park Davis Parest 400mg, or a William H Rorer Quaalude 300mg
Sopor and Parest were USA methaqualone made from around 1969 until the late 1970's. I also tried two 25 mg Librium, or one 500mg
Doriden, to crash, with a beer, if I was crashing too fast and too hard, if they were available, 50% of the time I leaned on my script of
Roche Valium 10 mg.

What drug would I not take again? 75mg dose of Preludin. it made me grind my teeth is was so strong. and the 5 mg Desoxyn I/R was so strong, it also made me
grind my teeth, and both drugs gave me a tachacardia. (irregular heartbeat) The Methamphetamine Gradumet, did the opposite, especially with the groovy slow, and
mellow high onset. "the very best of them all" DexoxynGradumet 15mg.
@misszippy thank you for your encouraging remarks about my battle. From 60 mg a day in my mid 40's on amphetamines, to, now only 15mg a day, is a daily struggle. I don't believe, I will ever be able to cut down any lower than 15 mg I/R's.

Last edited:
1.) Amphetamines Used: Adderall IR/XR, Vyvanse, Dex/Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Methylin, Concerta, Focalin), MDMA, MDA, as well as 4-methyl-pentedrone which isn't really amphetamine at all but oh well.

2.) The Comedown: Adderall IR has an abrupt comedown leaving you feeling lethargic, craving more, and a slightly depressed/irritable mood. Adderall XR has a somewhat gradual comedown leaving you lethargic, and a slightly downed mood. Vyvanse has very little comedown, it's very gradual and leaves you slightly lethargic but mostly just tired.
Now with Dex/Methylphenidate each brand/formulation is different Ritalin has a very abrupt comedown leaving you craving for more in a fiendish way, very lethargic and very irritable. Methylin however has the same exact effect as Ritalin yet has so noticeable comedown, you just will notice after 4 hours or so that you are no longer "up". Concerta has the worst of the phenidates I've tried VERY fiendish, irritable, depressed, lethargic etc. Now Focalin to me is almost just like taking concerta with a better high and all of the same comedown effects, just to a slightly lesser degree.
MDMA has a comedown leaving you anywhere from slightly sad to very depressed causing a urge to do more but not in the same sense as a dopamine based stimulant, MDA however is harder to explain because it's sort of like coming down from amphetamine, mushrooms, and MDMA all at once but not super harsh. 4-methyl-pentedrone's comedown was minimal but left you craving, and lethargic.

3.) Would I Use Them Again: Under the right circumstances, yes to all of the ones I've used except Concerta and 4-Methyl-Pentedrone. Concerta no because of the comedown, 4-methyl-pentedrone no because the high wasn't worth it.

4.) I've used 5-HTP, L-Dopa, Benzo's, Antihistamines, ambien, alcohol, cannabis, etc

5.) 5-htp is a wonder cure for mdma, and benzo's are a wonder cure for dopamine based stimulant comedowns. However the rest are always so, so.

Last edited:

- Adderall IR and XR
- Vyvanse
- Focalin
- Ritalin
- Cocaine

Adderall's was always the most intense, in either the IR or XR formulation. It felt like I was losing all my brain 'power' and that my intelligence was literally drifting out of my head, if you can imagine that. But when I came down from any of the amps I listed above, the main thing was that I started to lose focus AND willpower. Also, I remember Focalin as being the easiest comedown to deal with, but that was also partly because I felt like it was easily the least effective of the four amphetamines I listed.

Cocaine though is purely physical - you actually FEEL the need to compulsively re-dose on coke while you're still high on it. The actual psychological comedown from coke, though, when the physical need to re-dose gets taken out of the equation, was next to non-existent.

Well, I haven't used amphetamine in a year and a few months, so, to be technical: nah. But I did use them for a year and a half almost daily before I quit....

The comedown was hellish while not being hellish, if you can understand. It was hellish because you can literally feel the amphetamine fading away, and, with it, the increased alertness that it as a drug brings. But it wasn't really that hellish because the physical symptoms of withdrawal were not even a big deal - it was primarily the psychological aspect that was so agonizing for me, mainly because I almost exclusively took it to deal with schoolwork.

And coke is just out of the question now.

I dealt with the comedowns in two ways: 1) I got stoned and went to sleep; or 2) I got stoned and I re-dosed on more Adderall (my DOC of the amphetamine class of drugs). And yes, getting stoned was involved in both of my methods to alleviate the amphetamine comedown - the weed helped take the edge off...unfortunately, as a completely unintentional side effect, the weed high also made me more confident about how much amphetamine I could handle, so I commonly re-dosed after getting stoned if it was in the middle of the day/not late night.

With coke - I would actually keep myself standing up, leaning against a dresser or something for support, whenever I came down. I was quite scared about having a heart issue/attack when lying down asleep.

Would you use this comedown solution again?

No. Today, if I still felt like I could handle amphetamines and if I were going to take them, I would just ride out the amphetamine comedown like a man and take it for what it is - adding on any other drugs to the amp comedown, in either weed, more amps, or whatever, doesn't help anything - in fact, it usually made whatever situation I was in from having taken my original dose of amps in the first place much, much worse.

also...I've done MDMA/molly a number of times, but I personally just don't think molly fits with the other amphetamine drugs I've done so I'm not including it on here...

Last edited:

Ephedrine (or rather caps with ephedra extract)
Amphetamine (street amp, no pharmaceuticals, lots of experience)
MDMA
Methylone
MDPV

there are more, but of the others i either took a too low dose, didn't feel anything (wtf meth? it's supposed to be the most intense one and while everyone else is high as kite i go to sleep?!?) or i'm not entirely sure about the identity.

Ephedrine: not very nice, exhausted, racing heart and dirty feeling, but bearable. cigarettes make me nauseous. starts out pretty mild but gets progressively worse with repeated use until the main effects disappear and i go straight to the comedown. physical symptoms dominate, but everything's fine the next day.

Amphetamine: actually perfectly fine if you don't overdo it. the first few times i rather had a sort of afterglow. cigarettes make me nauseous. i mainly feel exhausted and am unable to sleep up until 4 hours from the last dose. with repeated use time between the last dose and being able to sleep decreases, but sadly the threshold for "overdoing it" decreases too. if the dose was especially high the comedown can be horribly depressing. slightly tired on the next day, but nothing major.

MDMA: i find the comedown pleasant actually. although i'm obviously more exhausted than on amphetamine, everything still has a more positive feeling to it. lying down leads to a dreamy state with vivid imagery that effortlessly transforms into sleep. the downsides are consistently feeling uncomfortably cold and waking up with a painfully full bladder multiple times. moderately exhausted the next day, some emotional instability in the following days, but if nothing seriously unsettling happens, then everything's dandy.

Methylone: the worst one i've had. after the effects subside, there is a lot of uncomfortable stimulation, racing heart, inability to sleep for many hours, chest pains and anxiety. that is followed by severe exhaustion the next day and depression, anxiety, bouts of racing heart and chest pains in the following week.

MDPV: feels somehow milder but more uncomfortable than amphetamine. more physical symptoms and more depressed and sleep is more difficult. the next day there is some exhaustion, but nothing major.

Ephedrine: if it worked again like in the beginning (which it does not), i'd probably try it again, but not if amphetamine was available.
Amphetamine: yes. i've learned to keep my dose sensible, so the comedown is perfectly managable.
MDMA: yes, certainly.
Methylone: no, the effects were nice, but the comedown is one of the worst drug experiences i've ever had.
MDPV: no, but the comedown is not the main culprit here. its lack of overly pleasant effects is.

Ephedrine: nothing (didn't have access to good things back then)
Amphetamine: nothing, because it's not needed
MDMA: nothing, it's mostly pleasant anyway
Methylone: nothing, i'd rather not take any more substances when in such a state
MDPV: bromazepam works like a charm :)

Would you use this comedown solution again?

i would take benzos if it was especially bad for amphetamine or MDPV (which i'm not taking again), but really i'd rather keep my dose low enough to avoid such a situation.

Okay "Come Down Drugs" ARE NOT HR!!! Needing another substance to come off a substance can be a very bad habit for many people including myself. I cannot stress enough how bad it is to get into the habit of (For example) using a benzodiazepine for your slight discomfort during a dexedrine crash. But because everyone and their mother wants to come down like a feather, I'll write a guide of what I know based on experience and knowledge of these unsafe poly-drug combinations.

1) All of these "Come Down Drugs" May cause decrease of motor function. None, especially GHB, should be used to operate a vehicle.
2) There is a possibility to overdose when in conjunction with a stimulant, even during a crash.
3) The dose needed should be kept staple to the dose you take sober. You are trying to lessen comedown effects, not get high again.
4) Most stimulants will not react badly with any of these listed so long as REGULAR DOSES are taken.

Benzodiazepines: Renz Note: Probably the safest option. Most benzos will cover the active life of most all stimulants.
Pros: Calms anxiety, eases tenseness, helps sleep, lowered chance of seizure, may reduce blood pressure and tatchycardia by small margins. Some say some benzos are euphoric.
Cons: I find it cancels any positive effects of the stimulant that may be lingering. Addictive. High doses lead to loss of memory and inhibitions. Abuse can lead to anxiety.

GHB: Renz Note: Probably the healthiest option and most euphoric for many. Stick to at most 2 doses.
Pros: Greatly Lowers Blood pressure-heart rate and temperature, Reverses dopamine (Brings back intense euphoria in many). Causes involuntary sleep in doses over 3-4grams, Helps replenish sodium lost during stimulant use (if it is NaGHB) and causes a healthy wave of growth hormone said to be over 16 times that of natural production. Normally a very "clear headed" high with stimulant-esque effects until excessive doses are taken.

Cons: Increase risk of seizure, built up dopamine rebound during the active life of the stimulant can cause anxiety attacks, Very addictive to many, Dose curve is unmanageable by many people (Therefore they will try and get "high" and end up asleep on the bathroom floor instead.). I find it impossible to sleep on normal 1.5-2g doses of GHB until it begins to fade. (Too euphoric for me to want to sleep.)

Alcohol:Renz Note: Least safe. Increased risk of alcohol poisoning and dehydration.
Pros: May ease anxiety, similar to GHB- it can bring back a sense of euphoria (Though not as intense), May help sleep, vascodilation may help circulation

Cons: Dehydration, Tatchycardia, High Blood pressure, Decrease of inhibitions, Alcohol poisoning, Unconsciousness, Vomitting, Addiction, Hangovers of hell,

Weed:Renz Note: Least Addictive for many, Fairly harmless and probably the best option for the laid back type.
Pros: Detracts many from the negatives of coming down, Promotes rest, Promotes appetite, Pleasureable, Not very harsh on the body, Not really addictive

Cons: Tatchycardia, Paranoia, Lung Damage,

you basically covered it all! lol- have to admit sometimes it is hard to come down and drink because i can't swallow, but GHB well no more questions asked!
Very Informative- Thank you

Necessity of recourse to opioids to deal with hangovers suggests that these particular stimulants taken in these particular dosages aren't working for and/or a lurking danger of you relationship to opiates in general. There's a reason that rampant speed abuse in the late sixties to early seventies was followed by a dramatic rise in opioid addiction.

ebola

Meth Ritalin amphetamine salts cocaine/crack..for me being seasoned in all these chemicals I would have to say that they all suck to come down from depression, agitation, irritability, craving are the main ones for me, but Ritalin comedown seemed to be the worst.even if you only snort 20 mgs you get about 20 minutes of euphoria followed by 2 hours of feeling like shit.adderall didn't seem to produce as much euphoria as meth, cocaine or even Ritalin oddly enough so the comedown from that was probably the mildest for me, followed by meth then coke then Ritalin

•What Amphetamine's you have experience with. Dexedrine, Meth, MDMA, MDA, Vyvanse.

•What the comedown was like on that certain Amphetamine- all comedowns suck seems like the longer the high and the longer you do it on a binge or something the worse the comedown is.
•Would you use this Amphetamine again? Or was the comedown too hellish? The worst comedown was the depression from MDMA I think, meth has a pretty harsh comdown though mental and body.
•How you dealt with that comedown- weed always helped a little, Xanax was great for it, but opiates like oxycodone was the best helper.
•Would you use this comedown solution again?If I had opiates and had done meth or whatever then yes.

Amphetamines taken: speed, MDMA, something that was purported to be MDAI but wasn't, ethylphenidate if that counts. And also crack and coke if they do.

Comedowns: Worst one by far was just basic speed. Eth is tolerable, as is MDMA. Speed makes me feel dirty as hell on the comedown. Not nice. No problem with crack or coke bar bein a bit tired

Use again? I'd use MDMA and ethylphenidate again. I can't say what the 'MDAI' actually was but didn't find it particularly recreational; just chainsmoked and played WoW all day.

Dealing with comedowns? For speed it was alcohol, this is before i discovered benzos. Same for MDMA. Maybe a bit of weed. Ethylphenidate come down I've just gone and got some of those daft expensive drinks with kale and stuff in, fizzy water, then valium or codeine and I feel ok.

Would you use that solution again? For the Ethyl, yes. The rest of them, prolly not, as it inevitably just prolonged the comedown

• What Amphetamine's you have experience with.
    MDMA and amphetamine sulphate.
  • What the comedown was like on that certain Amphetamine

MDMA has a kind of happy state of idleness
  • Would you use this Amphetamine again? Or was the comedown too hellish?
  • How you dealt with that comedown
  • Would you use this comedown solution again?

Personally I've used meth (homade) adderall, concerta & vyvan. I started on adderall because I have severe ADD. 6 years ago started having pain. Took 3 years to have "doctors" figure out what was wrong. Now I have hernia, real screwed up knee and degenerative disc desiccation(sp) which is where the padding in between vertabre is disingrating, degenerative disc disease & facet disease. I have been on almost every opiate pain pill including 100 mg of morphine (extended release). Nothing touches the pain. When I do 30 mg it takes the pain away for about 6 hrs. People might think I am fulk of shit , I really dont care. Now I will tell you I am bipolar. I'm pretty sure that is why adderall helps the pain. And I wish people would realize drugs affect people differently ( ESPECIALLY when you have a chemical imbalance) Like marijuana intensifies my pain xs 10. If there's not a study that's been done on the fact adderall helps pain for certain people, there definitely needs to be one.

I found this post very very interesting, I'm happy with Vyvanse how it effects the liver, anti anxiety affects when peaking. With that said I finally got the Concerta thing right, suck off coating, throw aways spunge, then the hard part peel the plastic. I had 3 36mg with this process and had a gig, they went sublingual, as I don't put things in my nose, was a crack and Herioin addict for years, and yes I still consider myself in recovery. WHAT? you may say well, i was not getting s threupetic dose and ran out of vyvanse 100mg, so sublingual they went. and wow, 3 hours of a coke type thing happening. When im not green horn Id like to have an philisophical conversation between euphoria and therapy. I'm proud to be 3 years 1 month sober, but I know adulterating pills, yeah its teetering. Anyhow comedown was awful!! so bad benzo did nothing i just tried my best to let go and meditate.

Taken Meth
No comedown really, more like an energy sputter out (except for when I stayed up for days and the comedown was no longer seeing or hearing things that werent there)
Meth kind of takes care of itself comedown wise (up to a point, if you cross the point where it robs you of your ability to feel without it which can be anywhere after a few months to a few years) then the comedown would be months , if not years, of nothingness and depression (but thats really more withdrawal)
Just go to sleep.
Wake up ... youre fine.

The ones I have taken were phosphorus meth also ice cocaine and all the pills
I never got a come down I didn't know there was such with speed ?