Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters

Wolfmans_BrothEr

Bluelighter
I watched an episode of this back in '08 and couldn't fully appreciate it. Science channel just started the series from season one and I'm really enjoying it

It's a pretty smart show, with most of its plot lines completely over the top but most have some essence of fact to them.

Good writing, good actors, and just generally a pretty good show IMO

Great with some thc to stimulate the brain

Been watching since S1E1. Will be a little sad after this final season because I liked the idea of science/biology intermingled with different ideologies being thrust on to purposeful uses to survey the results. It kind of let's you scratch those "what if" questions and then observe the results (good, bad or ugly) and consequences.

I Just finished season 1 a few days ago and have just started season 2. Definitely my favourite TV series at present.

Hadn't heard of it before. Had to look it up so see what it's about.

The FBI teams up with a formerly-institutionalized scientist - who was performing experiments on the fringe of real science - and his son to investigate weird crimes that are seemingly part of a larger pattern, and may be connected with a global company called Massive Dynamics.

Sounds interesting and gets decent reviews on imdb, I think I will check it out, thanks.

^^science channel man. They just started season 2 yesterday. its one of those shows u really should start from the beginning tho, if not you'll be REALLY confused as opposed to just confused

I'm kinda surprised this shows on fox. I figured unexplained scientific phenomenon would scare the shit out of those right wing conservatives

^^science channel man

No science channel here, but I started watching it from the first ep. of season 1. I liked the old scientist guy giving her a shot of ket and making up some lsd and injecting her, amongst other stuff. I'll keep watching.

I'm kinda surprised this shows on fox. I figured unexplained scientific phenomenon would scare the shit out of those right wing conservatives

Not really sure you are making a good assumption here. Does that mean NBC's TV shows are more liberal because of MSNBC?

i thought it was good fun, but sort of lost it's "magic" after a while, the first season was great, definitely watch if you used to enjoy the "x-files" as a kid!

i thought it was good fun, but sort of lost it's "magic" after a while, the first season was great, definitely watch if you used to enjoy the "x-files" as a kid!

I agree. It likely lost its mojo because of lukewarm ratings and it being moved to Friday nights to rot away.

The last few episodes where kind of shit. You could tell they cobbled it all together as fast as they could.

Walter on acid and the Monty Python homage was freaking sweet though.

The last few episodes where kind of shit. You could tell they cobbled it all together as fast as they could.

Walter on acid and the Monty Python homage was freaking sweet though.

Ditto, I don't like the reboot. this was the 2nd reboot in this one TV Show. Moreover, I don't like the idea Spock was evil.

^ dont know about an emmy, but he was definitely integral to the story.

i just wrapped up season 5. i was happy overall and really enjoyed the evolution from the x-filesy story-of-the-week episodes to the bigger alternate universe/observer storyline.

also, tv crush on anna torv will take a while to subside i think :)

fringe-1-03-anna-torv-2411549-500-282.jpg

alasdair

It likely lost its mojo because of lukewarm ratings and it being moved to Friday nights to rot away.

the "friday night death spot" at one point had become the best timeslot for scifi shows like that. i think it was most optimal back when stargate was still on the air.

fringe was a great show, but the ending was rushed. good scifi shows are hard to come by anymore. The Expanse is one of the few still going now that they canceled Dark Matter. i'm still kinda iffy on the x files restart; we'll see how that goes tonight.

i just wrapped up season 5. i was happy overall and really enjoyed the evolution from the x-filesy story-of-the-week episodes to the bigger alternate universe/observer storyline.

also, tv crush on anna torv will take a while to subside i think :)

fringe-1-03-anna-torv-2411549-500-282.jpg

alasdair

I feel the same way about the show. I watched it years ago, thinking of rewatching. Anna Torv is a total babe, just saw her in mindhunter is what brought the idea to rewatch back about.