• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants IV meth. Swollen hands and dark red skin, hot to the touch.

funny thing. i don't actually have any circulatory problems. my veins are fine. my arm was turning red because of an infection. less than 18 hours after having an antibiotic shot at the hospital, the swelling and redness is completely gone. my hand is back to how it was before i started this binge. as if nothing ever happened. i appreciate the sentiment, but I've been doing this for thirteen years and I've taken many breaks. I'm not new to ice.

having said all that, I have already found something much better. when we hang out together, we talk all night. like 12 hours straight. a girl that I never could have imagined being interested in me. gorgeous. creative. eccentric. 10 years younger than me. i don't want to take meth around her, cause that might fuck things up. if it's a choice between her and meth, i chose her without hesitation. i don't want to be on hard drugs, anymore. i don't need them.

Withdrawal is easy, because i have somewhere else i want to be.

When I was younger, I masturbated so much my shaft swelled up. This is common when having rigourous sex for extended periods of time. Within a day my Dick returned to normal size but it was sore for a week.

I hope you are using a micron filter to shoot up, meth is notourious for having harmful cuts , I mean it is synthesized from harmful materials mist often than not

No I don't bother with filters most of the time. I have some, but I don't need them for the gear I've been getting recently. It's very clean. Micron filters are more typically used for low quality drugs and, or, pills. This meth is 90+. It is almost entirely soluble. What doesn't dissolve, I can avoid with a bit of cotton. It's not like it's cloudy or anything. The water is crystal clear.

But you have no clue what bacteria and viruses are in your meth! Please use a micron filter for whatever you are planning to stick in your veins.

wheel filters don't clean dirty hits man. depending on the micron size that you use, they filter particles of various size. i know where the bacteria came from. non-sterile preparation environments. licking spoons accidentally. sucking on fresh injection sites. picking bits of crystal off the bench, rather than out of the baggy. the crystal itself is fine. i have been sloppy. and, as i said, wheel filters don't remove bacteria/viruses from meth. Their sole purpose is to filter out insoluble chunks of material. if I was shooting ritalin, i'd use one of my filters. because that is what they are for. it says so, quite clearly, in the accompanying pamphlets/ instruction manuals.

unless you're suggesting i use a 0.1, or less...

0.2um filters will remove all bacteria.

In theory yeah, but I would still be wary of making blanket statements like this. It is by far the best way of removing most common contaminates from solutions end of discussion, but I would not say that they are 100% effective, just like condoms you know?

It should also be noted that pressing too hard on a wheel filter can expand the pore size, jeopardizing the filtration.

I never knew that a 0.2 could clean dirty hits. I stand corrected. I thought bacteria ranged from 0.1, up. The lowest grade I have available is 0.22, but - yeah - I'll use that from now on. Thanks for the tip. As for viruses... wheel filters can't do much about them, or can they?

skeez... you made one post in over three years? That's weird.

Last edited:
Yeah .22's can remove bacteria from shots but as tricomb said I wouldnt rely on it to remove 100% of bacteria. And they can't remove virus's unfortunately. Also you said earlier that your IV tech was really good but if you're doing things like licking your spoon, sucking on fresh injection sites, not filtering your shots at all and shooting near your femoral while pissed then sorry but your technique is poor IMO. I've only been IVing for a couple of months and with my limited experience and knowledge I know this is terrible HR and frankly i think someone with 13 years experience (and a mod) should know better. That said im glad you're ok, noone likes seeing a fellow BLer get hurt. Maybe you should start using micron filters if you start shooting again, that or even steri-filts, that's what I've been using for heroin and they fucken rule. Theyre really easy to use, sterile and they do a damn good job of filtering most of the crap out of a shot, nothing on what a .22 micron could do but much much better than cotton or not filtering at all. I think the captain has a link to them in his signature? If not google them, they're cheap as hell and super nifty, I won't shoot without them anymore. Also you loose less gear in the filter than you do with cottons. I rinse my cottons twice with saline right after I filter (using the same syringe for the same shot) so I get the most out of a shot I can, even though the returns are limited but with a steri-filt this isn't really necessary (I still do one rinse), not being cotton they don't absorb any of the solution so you get pretty much 100% return.

Anyway I'm happy you're ok man and that you have a awesome girlfriend, I don't know what I'd do without my lovely girlfriend in my darker times. I think this is a good example to anyone else who IV's and could have an issue like a suspected infection, artery hit or missed shot; make sure your technique is as safe as it can possibly be (refer to captain heroins signature or some of the excellent HR IV threads) and if you do have a problem seek professional help straight away - don't come on bluelight (or google) and ask people, who aren't health professionals and who can see and therefore diagnose you, to help diagnose your injury. It never leads anywhere good, I doubt anyone has ever gotten the help they need off bluelight in these situations, sometimes some educated advice and support can help but if your hurt and need medical attention please just go to the hospital or see a doctor. Unfortunately for those of you who live in the US this isn't always easy because of your healthcare system but potentially spending a few hundred or thousand dollars has got to be better than losing a limb or dying horribly from a pulmonary edema! I do really feel for you guys I've there though, I hurt my back while travelling there a few years ago and was lucky I had watertight travel insurance or else I would have been fucked. Go obama-care I say.

I never knew that a 0.2 could clean dirty hits. I stand corrected. I thought bacteria ranged from 0.1, up. The lowest grade I have available is 0.22, but - yeah - I'll use that from now on. Thanks for the tip. As for viruses... wheel filters can't do much about them, or can they?

skeez... you made one post in over three years? That's weird.
Viruses will definitely still go through a micron filter, sadly.

Jp was talking to me. (Thanks, man.)

As for the people on this thread telling me I should know better being a moderator and being an older drug user. What the fuck? Don't judge me. I'm just being honest. I'm asking for help. This is a harm reduction website. Just because I'm staff, doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to ask for help without being judged for it. Damn. Moderators are members who volunteer their time to help this site function. Aside from my position as a volunteer, I'm just like the rest of you. You don't get much thanks being a mod, sometimes.

And my technique is fine. I may be irresponsible. I may have gone too far. But that's not my technique. That's my lifestyle. I can hit veins that are severely thrombosed. I can pull clots out of a vein, keep them in the barrel, and shoot over a 100 units past them. I can hit minor veins, without collapsing them. Fuck, I can hit capillaries. Don't question my technique, just because I'm a hopeless addict and an alcoholic... 7 days off the needle today. 5 days off weed. Back on my anti-depressants/anti-anxieties. Prescription drugs and alcohol, that's all that's left. No rehab. I kicked while working 65-70 hours a week and balancing a budding relationship with a young girl. I don't need people judging me. I was just asking for help.

Most people don't filter shots. Doesn't make me bad at shooting.

Thank you, everyone, for the advice.

The nightmare is over.

Microns (although being easily accessibly in most capital cities) are very unknown of in Australia, I have never heard of any one using them that wasn't a BLer or some one to whom I recommended them too.

You can get both wheel filters and sterifitz from any NSP in Melbourne, but yeah NOBODY uses them. (For ice anyway)

Great stuff!! I am sure this will be my last "run"; my hit/miss ratio is mf bullshit and I am waaaay beyond FRUSTRATED. I am only like 3 wks new to this mf nightmare and I like/need the pros and cons...

yo man u either missed hard core never mind go to doc yea say "i fuked up doc help"
I injected into the crook of my arm repeatedly for the past two months. My hands turn red and swells up a bit after a inject sometimes. Then, over time, they return to normal. The redness usually goes up to the first joint of my fingers, after the knuckle. Some fingers are worse than others.

I also woke up with two small injection sites on my femoral vein the other day. My penis changed color overnight, and there is evidence of lymphatic thrombosis on the underside of the shaft. Though, I think this is unrelated and due to trauma from too much sexual activity. The shaft is darker than usual. Been like that for almost two days. There is wrinkled skin around my dick hole, too.

If anybody can shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it. I tried searching through Google, but my head is too fucked up to diagnose myself. Don't tell me to go to a doctor. I will go see a doctor when I can. I plan to. But, in the meantime I need to have an indication of what is going on.

I'm more concerned about my hand than my dick for some reason. Pretty sure the dick is a result of trauma. Almost 100% sure. Though, it's possible, since I found femoral sites that I'd administered while blind drunk, that I went through to the lymphatic. Which is, practically speaking, the same - in terms of symptom and duration - as traumatic sexual activity.

Can't work out the hand at all. First I thought it was thrombosis. Then peripheral edema, due to minor "pitting". But it doesn't add up. The right hand is much worse than the left. On the right hand, the middle, pinky and ring fingers are MUCH worse than the index and thumb. This localization implies, what, that it is related to restricted vascular blood-flow? I don't know. There are small hard mildly painful bumps on the problem fingers, between knuckle and first joint.

I need to know, though. As soon as inhumanly possible. Like, before I post this.

Don't tell me to stop using meth. I will stop. I have one dose left, and that's it.

Just help me understand what the fuck is going on, please.