• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants IV meth. Swollen hands and dark red skin, hot to the touch.

ForEverAfter

Ex-Bluelighter
I injected into the crook of my arm repeatedly for the past two months. My hands turn red and swells up a bit after a inject sometimes. Then, over time, they return to normal. The redness usually goes up to the first joint of my fingers, after the knuckle. Some fingers are worse than others.

I also woke up with two small injection sites on my femoral vein the other day. My penis changed color overnight, and there is evidence of lymphatic thrombosis on the underside of the shaft. Though, I think this is unrelated and due to trauma from too much sexual activity. The shaft is darker than usual. Been like that for almost two days. There is wrinkled skin around my dick hole, too.

If anybody can shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it. I tried searching through Google, but my head is too fucked up to diagnose myself. Don't tell me to go to a doctor. I will go see a doctor when I can. I plan to. But, in the meantime I need to have an indication of what is going on.

I'm more concerned about my hand than my dick for some reason. Pretty sure the dick is a result of trauma. Almost 100% sure. Though, it's possible, since I found femoral sites that I'd administered while blind drunk, that I went through to the lymphatic. Which is, practically speaking, the same - in terms of symptom and duration - as traumatic sexual activity.

Can't work out the hand at all. First I thought it was thrombosis. Then peripheral edema, due to minor "pitting". But it doesn't add up. The right hand is much worse than the left. On the right hand, the middle, pinky and ring fingers are MUCH worse than the index and thumb. This localization implies, what, that it is related to restricted vascular blood-flow? I don't know. There are small hard mildly painful bumps on the problem fingers, between knuckle and first joint.

I need to know, though. As soon as inhumanly possible. Like, before I post this.

Don't tell me to stop using meth. I will stop. I have one dose left, and that's it.

Just help me understand what the fuck is going on, please.

Do meth and bad things happen, pretty simple. Gonna stop after this one, heard that before lol

You want helpful, but you haven't been to the doctor. You said it goes away but then you shoot up again. I'm not the dick haha

Your posts have no function in terms of harm reduction.

Your attitude is childish.

Another post I read of yours a second ago was, "If you don't know what you're doing, you'll collapse veins."

Real helpful, man.

I am - currently - incapable of going to the doctor.

As soon as I am capable, I will go.

I "want helpful", as you so eloquently put it.

So, why don't you go waste your time somewhere else?

Do some heroin, cause - yeah - that doesn't make "bad shit happen" does it, now?

I'm in serious psychological pain. I need help, immediately.

ambulance. hows that for harm reduction? I don't do heroin or any drugs anymore. The girl was new to IV and she was asking about missing. I was warning her of wat cud happen if she keeps mucking around with needles.

Sorry mate, my first reply to you I was being a full smart ass. I apolagize.

No worries. I don't need an ambulance. Had the same condition for about three weeks. Just need to know what it is. If you don't know what it is, don't post again. Cause I keep checking back like every five seconds. And I don't have time for this shit. The psychosis has got a hold of me.

I found this and copied it for you.....

Swollen arm after injecting meth. Applied hot and cold compress, limited mobility. Should I see a doctor?

I recently shot up in my right forearm with Meth and it didn t hurt when I did it and I did the shot like normal making sure I was in the vein . Everything was fine. However, my arm the next day started to swell. Since then I have applied hot and cold compresses multiple times a day and the swelling is only getting worse. I have limited mobility in my fingers because of this and the swelling has gone down to my hand now as well. Should I see a doctor?

Asked by: lindaccasey44 On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Answers: 1 Views: 61

Report Abuse

Also find answers on: Skin neoplasm

Answer this Question » Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar,
Psychiatrist

245 Answers since Dec 2011

Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Current rating

Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

You may have developed a thrombo-phlebitis (i.e. an inflamation of the vein with blood clots) and probably an additional tissue infection also. The symptoms which you have mentioned are worrisome and so, I would advise you to see a doctor at the earliest, in order to prevent further complications.

Please remember, that iv drug abuse can cause many harmful and dangerous consequences. Blood clots and infections can be transmitted through the blood stream to the heart and can cause life-threatening consequences also. If you are finding it difficult to give up drugs, please seek the help of a professional.

I appreciate the effort, but I don't have limited mobility in my fingers and thrombo-phlebitis would make my skin cold not hot. If it is an infection, what infection is it?

Theres is some theory I read that if the meth is high in some types of acid it may cause this. But then if ur stuff comes from multiple sources than thats probably not it.

Especially the dick part happens to me all the time. Sound like typical to bad vasocontriction issues plus trauma so I wouldnt really worry about that (as you said).

Not sure about the hand though sorry but I have had real scary hand and feet discoloration and sharp pains due to vasoC but not sure if its the cause in your case due to your ROA whereas I only do oral/nasal. Hope you get sorted soon man really.

I know BL is full of intelligent, caring people interested in harm reduction, but haven't the responses you've gotten so far along with the fact that it has been persisting for three weeks bump going to get it checked out a few notches on your priority list dude?

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, man, but get yourself seen.
<3

Sounds like you had way too much sex in a given time period.

However, I'd still go to the doctor if you've been injecting in your femoral vein. That's nothing to risk man. Just my 2 cents.

No judgments here. :)

Is it painful when you inject? Meaning, does it burn when you are depressing the plunger? The shit you're describing sounds like an artery hit.

I know BL is full of intelligent, caring people interested in harm reduction, but haven't the responses you've gotten so far along with the fact that it has been persisting for three weeks bump going to get it checked out a few notches on your priority list dude?

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, man, but get yourself seen.
<3

This is the best advice anyone can give you.

went to hospital today. got everything checked out. they gave me an injection of antibiotics and two other scripts for different antibiotics. i feel sick now. my head is buzzing. i want to vomit. day two/three of withdrawals. clean bill of health. very sick. very tired. have a bloody syringe full of meth. thinking I should eat it. (the contents, not the syringe). just to help with the withdrawal. my body feels fucked up. my hand continues to improve. still a bit swollen. but not red anymore. no sex for at least two weeks. which is annoying, because I've just started seeing a young girl. my dream girl. literally. she has occupied my fantasies for the past year. and now, because of meth, i can't do anything about it... but things could be worse. i'm lucky to have not done myself any serious damage. two months of slamming meth is like walking a tightrope over alligator infested water. somehow, i made it. i'm alive. i'm healthy. and i'm very sick.

thanks for the concern. you all contributed towards my decision to go to the emergency department of my local hospital today. i feel much better now. and much much worse.

much love.

-4ea

If it is an infection, what infection is it?

ok really this is a bit much. I would save that last dose til after you've had some sleep. it doesn't sound like you are well right now, which you admitted. if that's not helpful then I sincerely apologize, but it needs to be said. if you're looking for a diagnosis over the internet you've came to the wrong place, and being rude to people who are only trying help you is going to make people who might actually have something useful to add take a pass on posting. but really asking us to tell you what specific infection you have is unbelievable, out of the thousands of possible infections. we don't know if you're even having visible symptoms or if that's part of the psychosis.

I was extremely surprised to see you're a moderator, rarely do I see moderators behave even remotely similar to the way you are. then I saw your join date. I'm sure the drugs have a lot to do with this, but you should think before you post.

oh yeah, and you should really see a doctor. if you choose not to then don't expect some heroin addict on the other side of the country (nothing geared towards anyone in particular) to give you a reliable diagnosis on a forum. if someone told you something and you decided to believe them, and it turned out to be something else and you never logged back on, do you really think someone wants to be responsible for that? someone who's not trained in diagnostics and it googling symptoms for you. I'm trying to be a voice of reason here, hopefully when your head clears up a bit and you take another look at your posts you will see why I'm writing this.

edit: just saw you went to the hospital. well done. isn't it relieving to be in the care of a professional when you really need it? hope you feel better, and I would seriously look at what caused this event. if not the drug use itself then make a change in your technique at the very least. shooting meth will lead to nasty things, that's the nature of the beast and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves or hasn't lived it.

what caused the event was shooting into the crooks of my arms, daily, for two months. sometimes shooting blind drunk. my hands shaking. dehydrated. out of my mind. there ain't nothing wrong with my technique. veins just can't take that sort of abuse. i pushed it as far as i could. and then i pushed a little further. i'm damn damn lucky that i'm still okay. thirteen years of slamming amphetamines. still, i only lost one vein. if my technique was fucked, then i'd be dead by now.

i'm a good moderator. i'm a highly functional addict. i don't glorify this sort of behavior. see my methamphetamine trip reports... but, yeah, sometimes i feel weird being a mod and a junky... (i'm not the only one though.)

took my last dose. feel much better now. but it's sad. this is the last time i will see my friend meth for a long long time. the way i feel at the moment, i may never return. i walked down the street before, rushing, drinking a cold beer. listening to music. like i always do. and i almost cried.

I guarantee if you stick to that decision you will be amazed at how much better your life gets. I didn't have a huge run with meth,but I went straight to I.v. and never tried any other roas. I wound up in the hospital from that and had t fight nit to be committed. why I was still feeling the effects I spent hours carpet surfing collecting pieces of dirt and rocks and when I tried to shoot them none of then even dissolved. the point is now that its been over a month I don't have any cravings for it. the longer you go without getting high the easier it gets. your appetite will come back with a vengeance, which can be a good thing because after shooting ice for 10+ years your probably pretty slim. I hope you find something that gives you as much pleasure as ice used to, I'm confident you will. you have a vast community of. likeminded people who've collectively experienced every dark crevice in the world of addiction, reach out if you need help. I quit stimulants and opiates myself, I still think about getting some coke to shoot now and then but I don't act on it. helping people on here helps me stay away from my demons, even if its just harm reduction sane helping people new to I.v. avoid destroying their body as much as possible

I hope you do alright man, you don't have to quit forever, that's what I tell myself and it makes it easier. when I do want to get high I take a day to think about what it did to me in the past, and by the end of the day I've usually distracted myself enough ti forget I even wants to get high. if you need any advice I'd love to help you out, and I know many other people on here would do the sane. stimulant addiction is tricky, because years after you've Xeroxed completely you can still get cravings that make it feel like the worlds falling apart. Good luck, keep itself busy. my hobbies (writing music) have saved me numerous times