• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction OD Social v11 ~ Pour your 40 on the ground for the homies that aint around

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeighborhoodThreat

Bluelight Crew
OD Social Guidelines

v10 HERE.

First off, follow the OD Guidelines and BLUA.

Any posts that contain disallowed subjects or disallowed content will be edited out immediately and further action may be taken if warranted.

Also, please...
  • USE THE EDIT BUTTON TO ADD TO A POST
  • REFRAIN FROM USING RED TEXT
  • NO POSTING TRIP REPORTS
  • NO REGIONAL THREADS

• No Flaming. Non-productive criticism of a post's content or its author will not be tolerated, we will not hesitate to use our modsticks!

• Posting content that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other reason is against the rules too. Sorry, but we aren’t here to hate-monger. Such posts will be UA'd without warning following through with punitive action if required.

• Please use generic drug names when referring to a substance. Not everyone knows your local slang. It is hard to decipher it sometimes so please just stick to the basics.

Most of all, share your stories, your life, your progress, socialize, and get to know one another again.

VERSION ELEVEN (XI)

We turn no's into yes's.

simpsons_say_not_to_drugs_yes_funny.jpg

Omg. I'm so hungover! I drank from 1pm yesterday until 12am, I never want Yp drink again!

Despite feeling hungover I do feel good mentally!

Omg. I'm so hungover! I drank from 1pm yesterday until 12am, I never want Yp drink again!

Despite feeling hungover I do feel good mentally!

I think every single person who's ever gotten drunk has said this at least a few hundred times.

UGA may have a chance this year at a national title.

^^it's been in my head since waking.
i hardly slept. :|
so weird.

Last edited:
I'm extremely glad I've cut back so much on my drinking that I really only ever have a beer or glass a wine 1 to 2 times a month . I've gotten to old to drink to get drunk, or well to do so often in any case. If I got up with some of my friends from back home I'd have no problems having a night of drunken shenanigans, though I'd much rather a solid trip with a few close friends, or a copious amount of weed to be smoked over the night. Drinking now (even just 23) just really isn't work the next day, or a lot of the side-effects that go along with alcohol. In complete truth, I've never had such a thing as a MDMA hangover that many users describe, and find alcohols legit hangover + annoying side-effects while indulging to be 1000x worse than anything that I've experience from using MDMA (of course I've had a low to medium amount of MDMA + a big of meth in a roll years and years ago - I only bought rolls 3 or 4 times and then only started purchasing MDMA, never looking back). Now I'm one of those people who really only use MDMA 2-4 times a year (never days in a row, or even weekends in a row, always months and months between use). If I choose to get drunk with essentially the same time guidelines, and continually drink H2O while drinking + eat a little bit of food during (just like on MDMA), alcohol still comes out as the loser.

There are just to many better drugs out their than alcohol. I guess the only problem is alcohol is just much more convenient and cheap, that it comes up as an option for the nights intoxicant more often than a lot of other drugs out their.

Asked this in the last social, but it was towards the end. So if anyone wants to answer this... :D

I do have a different question though...I'm having to get my wisdom teeth taken out in the near future and I'm going t have to get it done without IV or oral benzo sedation...

I normally get halcion AND nitrous when I just get fillings (and I've snuck 60mg of MS-Contin along with tramadol, flexril, and lyrica (they knew about those 3)), so i'm gonna need a benzo for this op...

my question is, how much aprazolam should i take for this so that i can safely be put under? I normally take 4mg for a therapeutic dose that does not get me high, so I was thinking of taking that, since I've only got loratab and none of the others I mentioned (tram, flex, lyrica, MS). Any suggestions?

And to respond to token...

The dentist can't know that I've taken anything. If anyone has any form of sedation (even if it's conscious (Level IV IIRC) sedation), they're supposed to do a lot of monitoring that this office doesn't do. Also, are you saying you think I should try my 4mg dose since it doesn't even give me a head change?

edit: Also...90mg of vicodin in the past 8 hours...make that 110... :p

WTF? Why can't you have any sort of sedation for a more serious dental procedure like wisdom teeth extraction? I wouldn't even consider doing such an extraction with out heavy sedation. Are they not even going to give you any nitrous oxide during the procedure? What are you going to do after the procedure for the pain for atleast that day, if not the after as well? Are they not even considering giving you some sort of pain mediation script post operation?

If I were you I'd go to a different dentist... A dentist who will not use any form of sedative, analgesic/anesthetic, and anxiolytic imo is ridiculous. They are legally allowed to prescribed controlled substances, let alone administer them to their patients during procedures. What is the whole story with this.

If you seriously must go through with this, though I honestly feel you should reconsider and find a different dentist, I'd most def take a large dose of benzos. If you don't even get much anxiolytic or sedative effect from 4mg of alprazolam, I'd suggest maybe trying 6mg or so as long as you have someone who can drive you home. I'd also take any form of opioid painkiller you have (adjust the benzo dose depending on if you have an opioid), and an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen (not asprin because of it's anti-coagulant properties).

There are so many dentists out there, even in small towns that it shouldn't be hard to find one that takes your insurance and like every other dentist use some form of anesthetic. Once you found a doc who is willing to preform this procedure with medication, get your old office to fax them your dental records, and get the procedure set up with this new doc.

Most if not all dentists will use nitrous oxide as a twilight anesthetic/sedative with a local anesthetic like Novocaine to numb specific areas in the mouth at the very least, and a lot will even have in combination a fast acting and short duration benzodiazepine like triazolam or midazolam as an anxiolytic and amnesic (to help reduce memory of experience with the help of the nitrous). A good portion of doctors will even if requested (like if I were to get my wisdom teeth out, I'd go this route) will administer unconscious or twilight sedation using midazolam and fentanyl.

Last edited:
And to respond to token...

The dentist can't know that I've taken anything. If anyone has any form of sedation (even if it's conscious (Level IV IIRC) sedation), they're supposed to do a lot of monitoring that this office doesn't do. Also, are you saying you think I should try my 4mg dose since it doesn't even give me a head change?

not exactly doug. i'm saying i would;)

this probably isn't hr..but many people are given the go ahead to take their regularly rx'd alprazolam dose..
on the way to the hospital to be operated on.
for many..it's the only way they'd make it there.
i don't specifically know what level of sedation you're going to receive..
i'm unsure what level IV sedations means, tbh.
but i'm sure you could find out..and then research any interactions.

obviously, it would be better that the dr. knows any medications you're on, though.

but..i see your dilemma.;)

i had my wisdom teeth out a couple years ago.
just novacaine administered @ the oral surgeon's office.
i know..i'm crazy..but i don't like to be knocked out at a dr's office/hospital.
i hate it really.
but i was on a lovely mix of diaz & hydrocodone.. (rx'd my me..)and i survived mostly in tact.

My dentist only uses novacaine and I had a few teeth pulled on it. Bring headphones with some good music cause you don't want to hear it, I learned the hard way. Good luck and def get a script for later. There is no reason not to get something for when the local wears off.

I just hope that I make it alright through this week. Thanksgiving break fucked up my refills this month and I'm paying the price. Rebound pain, anxiety, insomnia, and withdrawals.

I did a rectal bolus dose this morning and it kept withdrawals at bay but not much analgesia, only for like 30 minutes then just feeling normal, as any opioid dependent person knows what I mean when your on a dose of opioids that would have someone else super intoxicated but your higher prescribed dose has been taken daily for months/years/decades, these chronic pain patients and addicts too of course, know that getting well is only enough to make you normal. No high to speak of whatsoever, just.... normal.

I really hate going to the dentist, last time I paid 730 euro extra only to be completely sedated with propofol so I would not have to experience it. It was totally worth it.

I couldn't sleep today because of pain so after tossing and turning in bed for 3 hours I went up and took 200mg tramadol and ate a used 100mcg/h fentanyl patch. Now the pain is better at least but damn tramadol always make me want to throw up. I wish I had some weed to counteract the nausea.

Last edited:
doug, there's no way you're going to get your wisdom teeth taken out without sedation/anesthesia - it's surgery that you essentially need to be out for - unless you're badass like token. the common route is IV midazolam and fentanyl. i had mine taken out going back just over two months and it's what i received on top of my morphine and diazepam. it's imperative you tell them (the anethesiologist) that you'll be on whatever you're going to take before the operation, don't start your shit, man.

you know what to expect.

tricomb said:
Tentram, how many milligrams do you avg of morphine per shot?

i usually boot my daily dose which is 200mg. i'm prescribed 2 x 100mg mscontin/day. some days i will only shoot a single tab, others i'll go up to 500mg spread over 2-3 shots.

get my script filled tomorrow morning and don't start painting until 10am so i'm looking forward to a nice blast before. won't be able to take any valium as i need to be productive at work.

token said:
still..i do love casual fridays.;)

see, now we're back to common ground. you're pretty much saying yes.

Last edited:
why the fuck am i waking up on my floor with half a dozen needle marks on my arm i can't remember inflicting? this is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.