Rate the song above you(tube) v. infinity billion

/\ Are you trying to copy the image of the last one? :D Anyways, 9/10, right up my alley for chillout music.

Some old school...

Last edited:
Josh Wink Higher State - Song is a little too boring for me, it doesn't really have much of a build up it kinda just stays the same and the mastering could be better. The dynamics are good though.

This is classic cyber punk music from the good old days of big beat. 9/10

another classic tune:

bad company uk - the hornet

I dig it. Hornet is a perfect name. Theres a quality to the song reminiscent of swatting a bee. 6.75/10

You gave me a classic UK sound, I give you a classic NYC sound

i got up to 3:30 and had to stop. i get that you could get nostalgia from the track because of the time and era it came out in, but i don't think these sounds aged well at all, started to give me anxiety like i was looping negative thoughts. 3/10

7/10

...very slick sound, but feels more like audio wallpaper than anything else.

...probably good for tripping.

:)

Last edited:
^ damn, i remember that album art work ! good shit, was heavily into this sound back then, dreams of smoking on the beach in ibiza. kinda makin me emotin rn tbh. kinda reminds me of gui boratto, scsi-9 n' shit form kompakt. god i was so into that back then! 9/10

8/10

I love the kick patterns, and the simply stripped down sound.

^ i'm familiar with that album, spent quite a bit of time with it. dude is a master of the craft. i love how he infects all his tracks with snazzy jazz vibes. go theo! 8/10

Very mellow and nice track, relaxing and almost meditative. I really liked it. Nice effects, and the melody was kind of "swirling" through the track in a nice way. 7/10

Let's try to reactivate this thread, I really liked it in the past.

Real nice.quite like the mid tempo rolling bass in uplifting ambient tracks.i believe they call this music deep (psy)trance 8/10.
O

A bit melancholic I would say with a nice bassline, the drop also could use more velocity, it has potential maybe I would give a remix

Bumping this! Not sure if there is a newer version of this thread but this is what I found.

Rating the song above me a 2.5/5. Digging the eastern lyrics/style and the infectious groove but not the biggest fan of that genre.

2/5

Snoop isn't in his element, but then again, considering he's released reggae tracks, gospel albums, etc, I suppose nothing is out of his element.

Here he is at it again, but I like this take better:

c45ad8315f73555783466f1d1535538389b10c8784c9e0c3003c4c4eed4cddb4_1.jpg

5/5 Love this song

He recognizes his roots and thats like very rare in rappers. Calypso is what both of those genres have in common, besides nursery rhymes

Heres a Calypso rap battle

@Lux Exterior thanks for the link, I haven't heard much Calypso. Always a fan of any 'roots' music. "My intention is war." Dope lyric. 4/5

Here's one that's been on repeat today for some reason:

70s Texas soul is slept on. Shout out the Kashmere Stage Band!