• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long does oxycodone oral dose usually last for you ?

We are talking about oxycodone right ? Not oxycontin... There is a big difference between taking a dose of Oxycodone rather than taking the wax coating off oxycontin and crushing it..

About 3 hours of proper high but I'm not back to normal for 6 or 7 really.

Yeah I suppose a person's situation plays a huge factor in what they are refering to by "how long"

For me, I needed to 100's of mg's per dose just to feel ok. I was at the point where NO dose, no matter how big would give me euphoria, doses either kept me well or put me to sleep/into a nod---but not that euphoric nod you get in the begining, just a sort of my eyes won't stay open nod.

When I started with opaites, before being physically dependant, an oral dose oof oxy would have me "high" in a pleasant, buzzing, social, very recreational way for about 3 hours, with the afterglow lasting until I fell asleep.

When I first got physically dependant but still enjoyed the highs, a dose would have me high for about 2 hours with some nodding the last 2-4 hours.

When I was very addicted, many years into it, 2 relapses into it, the high would last about an hour. And. When I was dependant on very large doses, I would only feel "high"-ish, for 20-30 minutes, basically the time when I could feel the drugs kicking in.

But this wasn't the same high as before. Its the same with methadone for me now, I wouldn't call it a high, but for about 30 minutes when the methadone is coming on, I can "feel" the drug working. And even though I'm just going from methadone at low levels to high levels, just feeling a change is kinda like a high. (I'm on 140mg per day for about 1 year now)

So I guess it really depends on ones own unique situation, but oxy does definately have a more energetic buzz than dope at leeast in the begining of ones use, so it does feel like the "high" fades quicker than the high from dope. But this is b/c the dope high is very sedating and it is tough to tell where the high fades and the afterglow sets in with dope. Whereas with oxy, that line is more pronounced.

About 2 1/2 to 3 hours of a strong high. then about 3 hours of a comedown afterwords (which is quite pleasurable).

We are talking about oxycodone right ? Not oxycontin... There is a big difference between taking a dose of Oxycodone rather than taking the wax coating off oxycontin and crushing it..

Hiya bfisher!
Yes, I am pretty sure we're talking about oxycodone immediate release taken by mouth

this reminds me of how shitty it was when I was hooked on oxy, hitting licks all day to get enough for a couple 30's, paying you know how much a mg, then shooting them all and being thoroughly disappointed. 4 hours later I'm sick again and know I won't be able to get any more money that day. what a miserable existence. now I take suboxone 8mg a day and wouldn't trade it for an oxy habit even if it meant getting 5 30's for free every day. that was just a bad time.

When I started getting prescribed oxynorm capsules for BT pain a 3 or 4 years back 20mg snorted would get me so HAPPY high for about 4 hours easily.

Fast forward 4 years to the present time and although I can feel the effects from 80 or 100mg, I can happily take my entire week's dose of 560mg all in one go.

And this is on top of a minimum of 200ucg/hr of fent, sometimes as much as 400 or 500ucg/hr of fent.

Trust me, there's nothing cool or hardcore about having to take this many opioids on a 24/hr a day basis; when I fuck around with them and have to endure a 24 or 36 hours of withdrawals straight down from 400ucg/hr it is BRUTAL. Treat oxy with respect..... it can very quickly lead to darker and heavier drug-filled times without you even realising... and by the time you do realise? Well, then it's too late. You're trapped in the opioid prison.

That place where you're only ever taking mammoth doses of opioids not to get you high...but just to keep you well. Anyone feel free to pm me about heavy opioid addiction. Be safe all of you.

if i take 450mg IVed it lasts me 6 hours but if i take 150mg it'll last only about 3 or 4 hours but it's taken me over 9 years to get my tolerance this high which i'm not proud of or happy with

IV ing 450mg...brooo what are you doing, take breaks let your tolerance lower haha....

I can pop a 30mg roxy and itll keep me out of W/d for about 7ish hours.

Dont think my tolerance isn't low because its not, every night in-between 1-2 hours I do 150mgs oxy along with 60-75mgs Oxymorphone snorted. Thats not even including the OxyM I do in the daytime.

the most i ever did was shoot 20 oxycontin 80 mgs in a day 4 shots of 5 and i stayed high the whole day

Weird how everyone says 3-4 hours. Usually it lasts any wheres from 6-9 hours for me (If it's 20mg or more), or until I nod off and fall asleep.

For me it really depends on a few factors. If I take the oxy with a meal (high in fat preferably) the high takes longer to come on, but lasts about 5-6 hours and is less intense. This is when I chew up OCs. If I don't chew them and swallow them whole, it can last a good 12-18 hours.

If I take oxy on an empty stomach, it usually lasts about 3 hours or so give or take. It takes a lot less time to peak and hits me harder (but it's actually unpleasant for me, I muh prefer eating then taking the oxy).

If I have a tolerance built up it can also affect how long I feel high for. With a tolerance it can reduce it by an hour, after a break give or take an hour too.

Although the half life is 4 hours, that simply means that half the drug has been metabolised, it's not something to go on regarding how long a high will last in my humble opinion. It's also dose related, obviously the higher the dose the longer you will be high for.

orally (i dont do anything else) 2 of the 15mg instant release has me feeling it in my head for about 1hr and helps the pain for about 3hrs... at hr 4 or 5 im annoyed and in pain... i didnt add in when im on my oxycontin slow release 20mgs cuz im an idiot and screwed up my script sched so for the last week of the month i take just the oxycontin 4times a day and it helps the pain but i have never felt euphoria from it.. hope that makes sense