Bluelight

Thread: Hash in an E-Cig

1. Collapse Details
    Hash in an E-Cig 
    I happen to have an E-cig I rarely use, and just got some hash resin type stuff "Stashish" from a headshop; by this company, International Oddities, if that helps; I don't know how else to describe it; it's a bar of res sorta.

Does anyone have any expertise on messing around with E-cigs, to allow them to be used for other things?]

Wasn't sure if this should be posted under the greenery forum, my bad if it shoulda.

Says no RC's, just herbal; sounds good, i've had enough extreme highs for a while.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I smoke an E-Cig myself. They come in pre-manufactured cartridges so I don't imagine it possible to alter what it is that is being vaporized. Though it's not a bad idea! I'd certainly love to carry an E-Cig filled with some Hash Oil or something and just take a puff or two here and there as I need be.

3. Collapse Details

I've seen recipes for hash oil e-cig juice using propylene glycol, but havent yet tried it myself

4. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    ^could you share said recipes.

i'm ordering myself a new e-cig (refillable) tomorrow as my initial one went bust and am most interested in attempting smoking a weed concentrate through it. this conversation came up between a mate and i a few days ago and i though a PG mix would be the go, as the juices have an PG content.

5. Collapse Details

Umm...not really a recipe- but BHO (google) is reasonably soluble in propylene glycol. Functionally interchangeable w/ nicotine solution used in e-cigs( but gets you high) Little bit of heat helps solubility.
    Never got any other extract to go in very well, but have a go- both ingredients are cheap.

6. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    sounds like it might be a little more trouble than it's worth then - for me anyway when i'm smoking again i'll just vape it or make edibles/concentrate; keep to the conventional methods that are much more convenient and have known success with. cheers for that info.

7. Collapse Details

Drug Culture
    Cannabis Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Stochastic View Post
    I've seen recipes for hash oil e-cig juice using propylene glycol, but havent yet tried it myself
    do tell

8. Collapse Details

Other Drugs

السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    its okay to vape propylene glycol??

9. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    well, it's an ingredient/medium for the different flavours, etc available for the refills so i can only assume so, to a degree anyway. i'd have to go check out the websites of my providers to get %'s of the content of what i have, but it's not a huge amount iirc- i was reading the fact sheet my friend has on his flavours yesterday and recall it only being around a few % for a 30mL bottle. i haven't actually done any research into the safety of it to be honest.

10. Collapse Details

North & South American Social & Drug Discussion
    Since this has to do with hash, I think it is better suited for CD.

11. Collapse Details

It isn't really cannabis though, it's some kind of other plant resin from a head shop.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by tricomb View Post
    Unfavoured nicotine juice is just freebase nicotine in either propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG). So yes, it's safe to vape it.

13. Collapse Details

international oddities' products are all for human consumption and all natural, so save your ecig and dont bother.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tricomb View Post
    propylene glycol is used as solvent/carrier for water-soluble flavourings. I don't know how well it will emulsify with oils and how vaporizaiton would be affected

15. Collapse Details

Sounds like a big hassle to me and a lot of work just to smoke a fake headshop product. Are you aware they make vaporizers like the e-cig just for cannabis? Maybe you don't want to spend the extra money, but my buddy used to have one just for oil called a trippy stick. It was pretty easy to refill, and held a pretty decent amount.

Have you tried the product you got from the headshop at all? There's a chance you won't even get a satisfying effect from it, and doing all the work would be a waste. If it were me I'd at least try it out first and see if it's worth it, then worry about the e-cig. A lot of the head shop products/herbal highs I've tried have been bunk or just not worth it.

16. Collapse Details

this doesn't work....

I've spent days fucking with VG and PG solutions and high mixture types. Think about it -- on most e-cigs, you can drip directly onto the atty: 2 drops is almost enough to cause flooding... You'd have to make 2 drops be pretty damn potent for it to have much of an effect.

I have added hash diluted with PG, but it breaks your atty, and doesnt work so well. It does leave a slight smell as well.

If you can figure it out, props, but several queries to the masterminds at Advanced Drug Discussion couldn't even help me either.

17. Collapse Details

LOL you actually bought fake imitation hash from a head shop?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chainer View Post
    this doesn't work....

I've spent days fucking with VG and PG solutions and high mixture types. Think about it -- on most e-cigs, you can drip directly onto the atty: 2 drops is almost enough to cause flooding... You'd have to make 2 drops be pretty damn potent for it to have much of an effect.

I have added hash diluted with PG, but it breaks your atty, and doesnt work so well. It does leave a slight smell as well.

If you can figure it out, props, but several queries to the masterminds at Advanced Drug Discussion couldn't even help me either.
    Someone on uk420 got it to work with hash oil from what I have read. When I get a chance I'll see if I can dig up some instructions from some old posts if I can find them.

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    they make a trippystick/e-cig now. i've seen sold by vendors at festivals and stuff can't remember the name but its shaped like a pen and depending on the adapter you have attached it will hold BHO or a nicotine solution, dunno the name but i don't smoke bho or nicotine that much sooo good luck?

20. Collapse Details

look up rempen its an e-cig type pen that uses oil cartridges of all strains.. they are the shit.

21. Collapse Details

Browse the forums at fuckcombustion.com there are people there who have reviewed the e-cigs that use oils or I'm sure they would know how to modify an e-cig so you can put hash/oil into it.

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Emotion View Post
    Someone on uk420 got it to work with hash oil from what I have read. When I get a chance I'll see if I can dig up some instructions from some old posts if I can find them.
    I should clarify, there are extensions made for certain e-cigs (yeti-510 i know has one), but a regular atty will probably break using any sort of oil. It has to be PG or VG solution to not break the very finicky atty. I've had oil work but it broke my atty in less then 3 days (clogged, burned out)

23. Collapse Details

Come to think of it the guy used cannabis acetate and it was in glucose. Using just oil on it's own - yeah I agree, that is definitely not going to work.

As some of ya'll know cannabis acetates pass the blood brain barrier more readily than standard cannabis oil. The effects come on so rapidly, that in his book, Marijuana Chemistry, Michael Starks proffers 3X potency.

We've been making it for awhile trying to sort out the process. We looked at Starks procedure, which seems to be based on making heroin out of opium, but decided to start with the general procedure for making aspirin out of salicylic acid.

Sooo, let's talk about the progress that we've made here in those experiments, now that we have had an opportunity to make this enough times to get the same thing each time.

Here is the process, probably not refined as far as it can be, but works and produces reliable results.

We started by dissolving an unknown weight (10.4 grams) of BHO into 16.5 grams of hexane, to remove it from the storage container with an unknown tare, so as to not waste any left behind in films and to get an accurate weight. We warmed the mixture in a hot water bath to increase dissolution rate.

When dissolved, we decanted into a beaker with a known tare and weighed the total amount, from which we subtracted the beaker tare and the weight of the hexane to get the BHO weight of 10.4 grams.

We then poured that into a one liter boiling flask. To that we added 25 ml of acetic anhydride and 1.25 ml of 98% sulfuric acid.

We placed the boiling flask on a combination hot plate stirrer, and added a stirring bar to the mixture.

We added an Alhin condenser to the flask, through which we pumped ice water, and reflux boiled the mixture for one hour while stirring.

After refluxing for one hour, we added 40 ml of water to react the remaining acetic anhydride, and another 40 ml of hexane. We poured that into a separatory funnel, which we finished filling with saturated salt water.

After shaking well, we allowed the layers to separate and bled off the lower water emulsion layer, only to refill with salt water again and repeat the procedure until we had run about 4 liters of salt water through the mixture.

After bleeding off the salt water one last time, we bled the hexane mixture into a beaker and after filtering through a 0.2 micron syringe filter, we boiled off the hexane using the hot plate stirrer, with the beaker sitting in a larger beaker half full of water.

Just before the hexane was gone, I refilled the beaker to the half way mark with 190 proof ethanol and boiled that off. I repeated the alcohol wash three times to insure the removal of the rest of the hexane.

The resulting acetate is of a lighter color than the original oil and of lower viscosity.

So what is cannabis acetate good for and why should we be interested?

I think for the same reason that we now use aspirin, instead of the salicylic acid it was made from. They both work, but the acetate works faster and better.

Our experiments in E-Cigs are a perfect example. We came up with some potent glycerin extractions that work as well as anything else that we could find available and the test panel all reported that they worked, but the cannabis acetate in an E-Cig was a resounding success.

While the most common comment from patients testing the glycerin, was "It's working." The most common with cannabis acetate was, "Oh Wow!"

Some of our test members have extreme tolerances, are typically unfazed by any vaporized oils. Because I use oil orally, I am one of them and do get more stupid as my short memory leaves me, but no longer experience a high and have never been put horizontal from vaporizing any oil.

Two of us were put horizontal vaporizing cannabis acetate in an oil well with wand, not asleep or in cannabis overdose fetal position, but on our backs counting the pretty clouds for about 30 minutes, because it seemed like such a good idea at the time.

It also noticeably improves the uptake speed when used in topical and oral meds, and actually has a very smooth, cough free, pleasant taste when vaporized, that is slightly reminiscent of smoking a blend of fine vintage photograph records.

24. Collapse Details

i have personally seen someone do something like this. he has a nice e-cig, and i believe he might have customized it somewhat. anyway, what he does is take dabs of hash oil or wax, put them in the e-cig, and vape the dabs one hit at a time. its pretty sweet actually, since he can load up quite a few hits, pull it out basically anywhere, take a hit, and be RIPPPPEEEEEDD. and he can use it in public as long as he doesnt blow the smoke in a cop's face or something...