• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Phenibut 2g ED - withdrawals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambabomba

Bluelighter
My friend has been using phenibut about 2-3g evening for about half a year everyday. Do you think he would get withdrawals (an if, how bad, what kind) if he stops abpruptly?

I have personally experienced withdrawals only from high doses of GABAergics so I couldn't answer that question very accurately but I was thinking they might be mostly emotional disturbances like anxiety and insomnia. Not severe physical reactions.

Yes he will get withdrawals.

Yes they will be pretty bad.. if not very bad.

I took about half that dose every day for about a year and the withdrawals were horrible.. severe insomnia, anxiety and depression..

I suggest a taper and maybe look into baclofen.. GABAa agonists will hardly do a thing to help.

:(

Absolutely. That is well beyond what will cause w/d.

He should taper.

I'm curious as to whether NMDA antagonists will lower tolerance to phenibut (making a taper that much easier). One person on here reported that it worked wonders for quitting phenibut, but his dosing was short term (week or two iirc), doses were sky high, and his NMDA antagonist use was not in keeping with the recommended protocol. It's something that'd be worth investigating, and i'd be very interested to hear if it helps at all.

i took phenibut for 3-4 months straight, my dosages would range from 1 gram to 3 grams a day..most of the time i would take around 2 grams a day..the brain fog eventually became too much so i had to get off..i bought some neurontin and took 400 mgs a day and i had basically zero withdrawals from the phenibut..i took the neurontin for 6-7 days and after that i got off..then i had a little insomnia for a day or two but thats it..for me, neurontin was a lifesaver for phenibut withdrawals..neurontin basically cancels out all phenibut withdrawals...i simply cannot recommend neurontin enough for phenibut users looking to get off the stuff..

Any GABAb agonists, or modulators (sp?) like gabapentinoids such as Lyrica and Gabapentin help tremendously. As does Baclofen. And GABAa does lessen the shakes a bit, but its always good to be careful not to depend on GABAa agonists. I cannot imagine withdrawaling from both. I just withdrew from a heavy Kratom usage as well as extreme tapering of Phenibut (over a year, worst being 2.7 grams every 5 hours), and that was horrid. I'm now at 400mgs, and an going in 150 mg tapers. The Lyrica makes it almost unnoticeable.

But your friend needs to know that the taper is half the battle. There are after effects such as rebound anxiety, anhedonia, panic, and extreme boredom (which sounds not so bad, but is like watching water boil with the stove top off).

Status
Not open for further replies.