• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Weird swelling after heroin injection

Ok gentlemen let me just start off with saying I'm no medical professional but I think what you are describing is most definately a histamine reaction I get them frequently depending on the h and they are sometimes quite unpleasant bet then there's other times there not so bad I don't get them every time I shoot or let's face it I'm not an idiot and I would just start taking subs and quit so I didn't need to go through that crap ever again ..
Now what most people are trying to describe I think is when you find a vein pull back get some nice dark blood (blood from a vein artery blood is a bright red far brighter than blood from a vein) and you star to push in your shot and either as your about half way done or soon after you finish you start to get this extremely unpleasant sensation something like a tingly feeling as if you slept on your arm all night and when you wake up its asleep so when the blood starts rushing back into your limb and it starts to wake up you get a tingling sensation but along with the tingly feeling you get pain in your forehead arms legs sometimes lips ears and it feels something like they are swelling up but are tingling painfully and for me anyway it usually only lasts between 10 seconds and 2 min and can be really painful or not that painful at all..now on the other side of that a bad reaction for me would have all those symptoms but usually not as severe with the tingling and pain anyway but I do start to feel my lips and face start to swell up that's where I know I better be rushing to my inhaler and the benedryl cause that's the only things that make it somewhat bareable for me and I have asthma so on top of the swelling I start to have a really bad asthma attack hence why I grab the inhaler wich dosent completely take the asthma attack away but makes it bareable and the benedryl make the swelling go down quicker the other thing that happens besides my face looking like I was stung by an angry hive of bees cause it's so swollen to where my eyes are almost swollen shut but I also get hives all over my body and when I say all over I mean everywhere face arms legs back chest feet you name it and the symptoms from this type of attack last between an hour and 3-4 depending on if I catch it and am able to get to the benedryl or alergy medication quick enough of if I go to bed and my face is still swollen I wake up to it still swollen the same if not worse when I went to sleep I know what a miss feels like cause its Luke your injecting hot lava and it leaves a welted swollen bump about the size of a hockey puck depending on how much you miss but I've wondered is this just a severe histamine reaction or did I hit an artery and that's just how my body reacts to that kinda thing the really bad reactions happen verry rarely and extremely randomly but when they do its extremely unpleasant and the girlfriend has the keys in her hand and the phone with 911 on speed dial in the other just in case but the other less severe reactions of pain full tingling with no Welting happen far more frequently and last for 30 seconds usually anyone have an idea what is happening better than me and can you please fill me in a little bit better than my friends guessing lol I've also had somone tell me it might even be cotton fever but I awalys thought that just usually gave you a splitting headach and some nausea bUT seriously any help or ideas would help out a bunch and be extremely useful info
thanks guys

I just had exact thing happen in freaking out I've been doing this along time never felt anything like this I have hit arterys before this is NOT THE SAME!!!!i mean I think it's artery not just a miss there is no way but I've never felt an artery have this reaction in scared I have to work I can't bend my fingers!

I dont have a vein left, But in your case you simply missed halfway through. Dont fret. Happens to the most experienced of us. End of the day it's all bad for you and you should seek help from a program. Rehab ..etc ..life is waiting for you !

P.s. my g/f hit the artery once, after much experience with needle. been off needle since. Hurt so bad just putt her off after few years of daily injection.

I have been experiencing swelling to the point my face checks lips above my eyes r so swollen im unrecognizable. I get the same fiery tingle rush it burns after i hit n not bc i missed. Trust n believe i know if im missing. I also get like a rash with lil bumps all over my body. Its something in the cut the best way i can describe it is an allergic reaction to the shit its cut with. I just want to know if anyone knows what the shit is thats causing this reaction.

PHP:
Long term lurker and new member so be nice guys. I have a read of the post and there are a few things I could like to clarify and clear up for all to reduce the harm associated with IVDU.

1. Hives, swelling, itching and rash ect are all signs of an allergic reaction. This can happen with opioids due to their effects on mast cells but this should be able to be counteracted with an antihistamine. Care must be taken with this as they can worsen the CNS depression. If the swelling in localised to the injection site, apply an ice pack and it should clear up. If it does not clear up and the swelling below the site of injection continues to swell its best to consult a medical professional. If the swelling occurs after a hit around the face, neck or upper chest you will need to call an ambulance as your airway may become compromised.

2. Dirty shots..... Worst case scenario this leads to infective endocarditis and needing a valve replacement. Don't be fooled by being sick for a few hours then feeling better. Bacteria or even a fungus has entered your bloodstream and you will feel like shit. If you are an IVDU and you experience sweats, rigors, tachycardia, dizziness ect always get yourself checked out. Bacteria that live on the skin love colonising the heart valves. While you may clean your hands and skin, the dealer may of used their dirty hands to package the drugs. The bags drugs come in are also not sterile.

3. Hitting an artery. Can happen, would be more likely to hit the radial artery over the brachial as it's deep in most individuals. You will know if it's an artery as the blood will pulsate in the barrel of the syringe. Remove the needle if this happens and apply pressure for a few minutes to the bleeding stops.

4. Compartment syndrome...... Could happen and if it does it requires surgical intervention. Remember the three P's. Pale, pulse less and pain! Don't try and manage this yourself - get help.

It sounds like a major histamine response to a partial miss. Exactly same just happened to me (10 mins ago). Dramatic scarlet flush down whole arm - thought i'd miraculously found an upper -arm vein, & it did indeed appear in & "drawing" darkish blood; 30 secs after starting (VERY gingerly) to inject, burning & major rash. Damaged vascular system AROUND site creates what amounts to a miss - i e, you CAN be "in" but still get miss-like reactions. Learned the hard way, I urge others to be alert to this. I recently spent 3 weeks in hospital, dangerously sick with botulism. 1 of those things that only hsppens to other people - not me...or you. Except it did. Black tar H can carry it - any injection into muscle or other tissue will then cause botulism. It's on the increase in US & Canada (I'm in UK). Early symptoms are double vision, trouble swallowing & breathing, speech problems, difficulty using lip muscles. If any of this follows a miss or an abscessed site GET STRAIGHT TO E.R, it makes a CRITICAL difference how soon anti-tox is given.

This happens to me when i used morphine intravenously. It is actually happening right now so bad that I came to this site for answers. It happens everytime, but normally just a little bit. This time I had to do it while it was still hot because it was an ABG, and my point kept clogging. My hand started tingling, almost burning, immediately and my hand is 3 times normal size!!! It usually doesn't really bother me, but this time im freaking out.
I origionally assumed the reason i swell is because im slightly allergic to something in the morphine. But as time goes on, i am finding it is more common than you may think.

I just shot something up and it was supposed to be china and smelt like tar and wasn't a Heroin rush. It was more of a cocaine rush and made my ears ring. It made me feel a rush of warmth and and tingling. My left leg and left arm are starting to swell up and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Please and thanks. I'm scared ?

Swelling is usually an inflammatory reaction so if you have antihistamines take some snd if body temp is tising get in shower and cool down. Sounds like you got some dangerous bunk gear.

I dunno if you can tell the person who gave it to you and get an answer for what it really was.

If you feel worse call a mate and go to hospital

As a nurse i would strongly advise you to head to an Emergency Dept NOW!! be totally honest with them. You dont want sepsis or worse like losing a limb. The fact that two limbs on one side of your body is cause for major alarm. Dont ignore it. Straight to hospital.

I totally agree with Consumer,anything is better than loosing your arm or worse!
On the other side i know why i wait in bad misses and take clindamycin to see if it gets better soon cause the way idu get treated here in Hospital(even kicked out by normal doctors )and being treated like not a human is a very bad experience,esp when you see how alcoholics are treated like their better

Its absolutely a histamine reaction. Happened to me a few times. It will go away within the hour. Non emergency. You can apply ice to try and help minimise swelling and/or pop a couple benadryl. It can be scary but will be okay...

This guy knows what hes talking about. Ive been an iv user for almost a decade and i assure you its not because you hit an artery or and rediculous like that. Its frustrating to know how many unintelligent and misinformed users there are out there. As i said in an earlier reply, it can be a scary experience (especially the first time ) but its just uncomfortable for a little while. Good luck..
ok gentlemen let me just start off with saying i'm no medical professional but i think what you are describing is most definately a histamine reaction i get them frequently depending on the h and they are sometimes quite unpleasant bet then there's other times there not so bad i don't get them every time i shoot or let's face it i'm not an idiot and i would just start taking subs and quit so i didn't need to go through that crap ever again ..
Now what most people are trying to describe i think is when you find a vein pull back get some nice dark blood (blood from a vein artery blood is a bright red far brighter than blood from a vein) and you star to push in your shot and either as your about half way done or soon after you finish you start to get this extremely unpleasant sensation something like a tingly feeling as if you slept on your arm all night and when you wake up its asleep so when the blood starts rushing back into your limb and it starts to wake up you get a tingling sensation but along with the tingly feeling you get pain in your forehead arms legs sometimes lips ears and it feels something like they are swelling up but are tingling painfully and for me anyway it usually only lasts between 10 seconds and 2 min and can be really painful or not that painful at all..now on the other side of that a bad reaction for me would have all those symptoms but usually not as severe with the tingling and pain anyway but i do start to feel my lips and face start to swell up that's where i know i better be rushing to my inhaler and the benedryl cause that's the only things that make it somewhat bareable for me and i have asthma so on top of the swelling i start to have a really bad asthma attack hence why i grab the inhaler wich dosent completely take the asthma attack away but makes it bareable and the benedryl make the swelling go down quicker the other thing that happens besides my face looking like i was stung by an angry hive of bees cause it's so swollen to where my eyes are almost swollen shut but i also get hives all over my body and when i say all over i mean everywhere face arms legs back chest feet you name it and the symptoms from this type of attack last between an hour and 3-4 depending on if i catch it and am able to get to the benedryl or alergy medication quick enough of if i go to bed and my face is still swollen i wake up to it still swollen the same if not worse when i went to sleep i know what a miss feels like cause its luke your injecting hot lava and it leaves a welted swollen bump about the size of a hockey puck depending on how much you miss but i've wondered is this just a severe histamine reaction or did i hit an artery and that's just how my body reacts to that kinda thing the really bad reactions happen verry rarely and extremely randomly but when they do its extremely unpleasant and the girlfriend has the keys in her hand and the phone with 911 on speed dial in the other just in case but the other less severe reactions of pain full tingling with no welting happen far more frequently and last for 30 seconds usually anyone have an idea what is happening better than me and can you please fill me in a little bit better than my friends guessing lol i've also had somone tell me it might even be cotton fever but i awalys thought that just usually gave you a splitting headach and some nausea but seriously any help or ideas would help out a bunch and be extremely useful info
thanks guys

Heroin reaction

I searched but couldnt find a result for what I'm specifically talking about..
So, i got some heroin earlier and injected about a point. As i injected it, it felt strangely kinda hot and made my arm kinda feel like it was stinging or burning a little bit all the way down to my hand. I didnt miss though which is the weird thing. Immediately afterward, my arm swelled up mostly on the side with the veins but a little bit underneath as well. It was a weird kind of swelling, heaps of little lumps as well as larger bits that seemed to be in patches. I put ice on it on and off and let it be, its been about an hour and a half since i injected it, my arm is almost back to normal but still a little swolen. It isnt red or anything and only a tiny bit seems to be itchy. Ive had plenty of heroin and other drugs IV before and never experienced this. ive missed before and stuff and thats swolen, but this is different to that. that swelling is local and isolated, this seems to spread right down to my hand. its not feeling severe like it was before but its still concerning me. I dont really have time to fuck around going to hospital or anything otherwise id probably have gone there. this is the first heroin i've had in quite some time if that has anything to do with it. Does anybody know what this is about? any help would be fantastic

the only thing I can think of is that you've developed an allergy to it, which is something I fear myself. It can happen, though usually it nearly kills you. The second thing I can think of is, there somehow were tiny particles in your dope that weren't filtered out when you drew up your fluid. This happens to me when I break down a pill to shoot up sometimes, the tiny pill particles, just a few days ago, made my whole arm swell worse than it ever has before. I was a little worried, but it does go away within a day and a half at most. I just wore a long sleeve shirt for that time, and no, I didn't miss either. Check into the allergy thing, though. Users CAN develop allergies. Also ask your dealer what the hell he's cutting it with, some wont tell you, but if you know them well enough they may. mine does, and tests different shit on me... heh....