Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Methamphetamine / 75 mg) - First Time - Deceptively Smooth

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
So, here I sit on the tail end of a 24+ hour meth session...my first ever. Sorry if this report is a bit incoherent...I can always come back and fix it later when I've slept :D

Description/Appearance: Clear glass-like shards from a reputable source. Apparently not the best of the best, but damn close 8(

Dose: ~75 mg over a 24-hour period. Tiny booster doses were taken orally and intranasally through the day and night.

Set/Setting: Sick with the weirdest head cold ever. My muscles ache and my joints keep popping, but that's it besides periodic sneezing fits and a fever. All dosing was done in my apartment away from the prying eyes of my S/O.

Background: Extensive experience with RC stimulants, particularly 2-FMA and 4-FA. Never tried Adderall or any other "legit" prescription/street speed before.

~First Impression~
Of all the research chemicals I've tried, low-dose meth feels closest to Benzedrex. Not what I expected. Dry mouth, craving for sweets and obsessive mental focus are noted. I worked my way through ~40 mg before I felt the legendary energy/euphoria kick in (probably because I'm sicky-icky). Typing is lightning fast...at least 80 wpm, maybe more. ALERT THE FUN POLICE! ;)

As the day/night wore on, the doses got closer together. What struck me the most about meth is the complete lack of side effects compared to other stimulants. Without the palpitations and jitteriness reminding me to stop, it's easy to go way overboard. With meth, it's a smooth ride to the top. It fools you into thinking it's a "cleaner" high because there are almost no side effects, but we all know that's a load of horse pewp.

Strangely, I've been able to eat normally and slept a fuckton yesterday after initial dosing. It's mostly a mental energy and mood lift rather than a physical high. The muscle tension is pretty noticeable, but unlike 2-FMA it feels GOOD. In true harm reduction style, I showered, stayed well-hydrated and brushed/flossed my teeth while tweaking like a madwoman.

~Conclusion~
My first meth experience was pretty decent. I finally understand how it compares to the RC stims I take regularly, plus I got the curiosity out of the way.

That said, it's a good thing I only have a 100 mg bag and no steady supply! I can see how this could turn ugly for someone who loves stimulants like I do. If I could change anything about the experience, I'd wait until I wasn't sick so I could better gauge the effects. (I know that dosing while sick is a no-no, so no lectures please!)

Well kids, I'm off to endure my first epic meth crash. Here's hoping it's more entertaining than this trip report. Nitey-nite!

Tagged by HeadphonesandLSD
substancecode_methamphetamine
substancecode_meth
substancecode_amphetamines
explevel_firsttime
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. That is the problem ( and best part) of meth. It feels so benign, you just get higher and higher without your body screaming STOP. With coke mdpv etc even dex, higher dose equals terrible physical symptoms. With meth, the only physical ailments come sleep deprivation. Everything else is mental.

Edit: also lack of nutrition and fluid , and sleep dep are what cause physical shit from ice, not the ice itself except when abused long term or amounts then it's another ball game.

Last edited:
Nice report. I was very pleased to see you mention the complete lack of side effects compared to other stimulants!
That is what blew me away about meth my first time 6 months back. It was amazing.
I found in low doses they are there but meth shines in higher doses like 0.1-0.2 g for a dose (not recommending, do your own research!)

This is what a decent trip report looks like. It can be used as a reference. It is what one seeks to read when they read the Trip Reports Directory. It gives one a clearer idea of what the effects of the chemical are like.

I have caught lots of hell from people who are unhappy with their threads being closed. They are only closed when they are not a useful addition to the forum. We do not accept threads which contain little more than babble. Keep this in mind.

Nice to see you posting again, Lady Codone.

trip reports need structure and if people are complaining after their shit reports get closed they need to chill out and write something people want to read.

as for lack of physical side effects i thought that the more often you dose amp stims the less peripheral side effects you tend to notice anyway.

mephedrone for me felt very smooth the first couple of times.

amphetamine for me is one of the roughest drugs in terms of side effects.

is it the serotonergic edge that reduces the jitters? because cocaine is way more relaxing than say methylphenidate

is it the serotonergic edge that reduces the jitters? because cocaine is way more relaxing than say methylphenidate

It's a lot of things. Serotonin could be one of them. Generally for some "stimulation" is unpleasant while the pleasure effects balance the stimulation. The methyl group on m-amph allows it easier pass the brain where it hits the reward center like a nuke. Whereas D-amphetamine is a bit more "stimulatory" in certain ways. I've read D-amp has a higher concentration of dopamine/NE whereas M-amp is much higher serotonin/dopamine ratio to NE..

It makes a lot of sense to me. People that do not understand meth cannot comprehend that your heart rate really doesn't go nuts unless you abuse it (which the smoothness makes it easy to do.) Whereas with something like adderall or vyvanse, I remember taking a relatively small amount and hitting a 130-140 resting BPM. At the same time my mind feels more sober on basic amphetamine. I make more normal judgments.

Last edited:
I guess people might differ. I found both propylamphetamine and even dextroamphetamine smoother on the body than methamphetamine. I also found 4-MAR to have the best ratio of few side effects to getting really high of them all, and also the best quality of high with as much focus as dextroamph but in a more relaxed way and a chilled but stimulated feeling on the body (I know not an amphetamine but similar enough in terms of effects for the sake of comparison).

Meth only seems smooth during the onset and peak... after that I find the physical side effects start to manifest as the primary effects. Also I found that orally was fairly smooth, snorting it caused rapid heart rate / BP elevation, and smoking it just seemed weak (yet somehow alluring).

All samples tested were of high purity.

This is what a decent trip report looks like. It can be used as a reference. It is what one seeks to read when they read the Trip Reports Directory. It gives one a clearer idea of what the effects of the chemical are like.

I have caught lots of hell from people who are unhappy with their threads being closed. They are only closed when they are not a useful addition to the forum. We do not accept threads which contain little more than babble. Keep this in mind.

Nice to see you posting again, Lady Codone.

Aww, THANKS! It's pretty boring and straightforward but hopefully someone can use the info. I've had other trip reports ripped apart before, which kind of discouraged me from posting here. So thanks for your kindness :)

Since trying meth, I've become obsessed with getting a prescription for Adderall or some other "real" amphetamine. 4-FA and 2-FMA have too many side effects to be used regularly, and I need something daily for legit medicinal reasons that I won't get into here. Meth is a little *too* recreational, but I imagine regular amp would be more manageable.

Meth is definitely fiendish but not as much as mephedrone IMO. With meth, I was able to put up a little for the next day and go to sleep, whereas with meph I couldn't stop until the whole bag was gone.

can you Please compare Meth to 2-fma for me!

Both in terms of euphoria and also productiveness

Thanks!

You definitely hit the nail on the head, meth feels so serene and pure / clean while on it. I always thought since coke makes our heart go wild and get you all jittery meth would be worse. But i was wrong, i felt a real clean euphoria to meth without too much stimulation. I guess that's why meth is so addicting other than the fact it makes you feel like your most optimal self.

Meth has some similarities w/ 2-FMA, but way less side effects (no jitteriness, anxiety, etc which I get from the -FA's). It was more euphoric and inspiring than any stimulant I've taken besides 4-FA, which is a different kind of euphoria. Honestly, it was closest to Benzedrex in terms of focus/alertness and wanting to do the same thing repetitively.

The crash was much milder than coming off 4-FA or other empathogen stims like MDMA. After sleeping I felt fine. The cold got better despite my lack of sleep. I did find myself thinking about meth for a few days after running out but that's normal for me when it comes to stimulants :)

Nice report.

Being from NYC, where meth is rare, expensive, and only found within the homosexual drug using community, I had never really had a true experience with crystal until this last summer when I visited the west coast, and ended up shooting meth for the first time. I too have a pretty unhealthy obsession with (IV) stimulants, and before using crystal I had struggled with IV cocaine, MDPV and a few other RC stimulants. I had always wondered what the rage was over meth, as I felt that nothing could beat the intense-almost psychedelic rush of intravenous cocaine. When I tried it though, I immediately understood.

Your title basically says it all, methamphetamine is incredibly, deceptively smooth feeling. In fact, an hour after a decent size shot, I would actually nod out on occasion (and at the time I was actually IN opiate withdrawal! Methamphetamine provides a very calm stimulation, and at first it seems like some kind of miracle substances, as it appears to have everything wonderful about stimulants, but none of the negative side effects (like you mentioned). However, this IS ALSO A DECEPTION. Though the urge to redose is not as frequent as with IV coke for example, I found myself doing a shot every time I felt as though the high was beginning to wear off...The funny thing was that I convinced myself that I wasn't doing this because I was a dope fiend that just started shooting one of the most notoriously addictive drugs in popular existence-and was clearly already getting hooked, but rather, because I wasn't getting paranoid, irritable, or crashing....so why not?

Of course once my supply ran out, the oh-so-typical crack head in me came out, picking up anything that even slightly resembled meth off the floor or my pants, tasting it, even trying to smoke it off of foil... It was insane. All in all, I'm very glad that this substance is as hard and expensive to acquire in NY as it is, because it is one hell of an addictive drug.

The thing I find really interesting is that meth seems to have this bad rep or be part of some minority group experience with a perception of it being sub par to coke and other stims when in reality its so much better, at least in terms of the high and in the beginning.
Obviously the risks are far greater so it should be avoided. I just wonder where the perception comes from that the high itself is not considered comparable to other stims.

In the name of Harm Reduction, some of BL's finest have complied their collective molecular pharmacology knowledge to help you from turning into a burnt-out zombie who regrets meth use:

Amphetamine Neurotoxicity and Tolerance Reduction/Prevention II

Thanks for that. Seriously. Don't want to sound like I'm downplaying the risks of meth despite my positive report. I haven't touched it since and have no plans to unless the opportunity finds ME, which is highly unlikely. I don't know any meth heads IRL. The experience did make me realize the need for a better functional stimulant in my life, as 4-FA is just too serotonergic for daily use. I'm thinking Adderall or something along those lines.

Nice report, Znegative. I've tried a shit-ton of stimulants and meth ranks right up there with the most more-ish/fiendish of them all. (Second only to mephedrone IMO). Be careful with the IV'ing and stay warm in NYC :)

Nice report. But not enough data to make some of your conclusions pertaining to your comparison with your usual amp doses. It would take a couple experiments for you to really get the normal high with meth. I was missing some things in your account that I consider customary. So I thought maybe your sickness plus predisposition to amphetamines was partly diminishing the average euphoric and hyper sensitive alertness to sound waves. You might smoke a .10 to catch in less time the desired state of being I normally attribute to this drug. I loved your report. Thanks. I just thought this 100mg almost got wasted lol smoke it and kill cold diseases instantly lol. Jk enjoy