• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Synthetic / Pure Mescaline - Dosage & Methods of Administration

I agree with you absolutely that mescaline is the bees knees - it's a wondrous, beautiful experience. I just don't think it's quite as ferociously psychedelic as LSD or mushrooms. Opinions may vary.

Never been too keen on the term mescalito - that was a term Castenada just made up like he made up "smoking mushrooms". Apparantly the only drug he knew of was cannabis so he just assume you smoked mushrooms like you smoked cannabis.

I agree with you absolutely that mescaline is the bees knees - it's a wondrous, beautiful experience. I just don't think it's quite as ferociously psychedelic as LSD or mushrooms. Opinions may vary.

Never been too keen on the term mescalito - that was a term Castenada just made up like he made up "smoking mushrooms". Apparantly the only drug he knew of was cannabis so he just assume you smoked mushrooms like you smoked cannabis.

Agreed 100%

Mescalito or spirit of cacti whatever you call it, its there and its a fucking beast in its own right.

Its probably very different for everyone but ive always gotten powerful experiences from cacti, but i treat it like aya and not like lsd which is more of a fun thing for me but not always of course.

I do it like a ceremony with alot of intention so that is why i probably get what i get, last time i did i was with some friends who kept talking with each other the whole time so didnt trip nearly as hard as me who really tried to listen to the plant.

But most likely you guys are underdosing imo, what exactly is it mescaline cant do that you think its weaker than the other drugs?

Cause for me a high dose of mescaline can be like a high dose of aya acid and mdma at the same time, like sometimes im looking at the amaziing oev´s and just laughing, then i just close my eyes and go for a journey in hyperspace just like dmt but different.

Most cacti guides say that you dose 1,2 or 3foot nothing in between...

This is supposed the three levels of a san pedro trip and the 3foot(prob over 2g mesc bro) is supposed to be like a 24+hour ++++ exp ballz out naked :S

Anyway my max was about 1½ feet of my nice thick babies and it was one of my strongest trips ever, only comparable to 200mg oral dmt or some of my crazy lsd + K or mxe trips which really can get quite weird on ya

Just love me some mesc again, im traveling so i dont have my babies with me, yes but soon soon :p

Yes I imagine cacti to be different from synthetic mescaline just like mushrooms are different from psilocin and cannabis is different from isomerized QWISO.

Subthreadified this because the dosage and ROAs for cacti aren't quite the same as for pure mescaline.

It's mescaline HCL ;) but the L is not a capital letter. So HCl.

And it should not matter too much whether you take it in a capsule or dissolved, although in a solution in juice or water it can have a slightly stronger impact but it can also be slightly more offensive to the stomach most of all because you are more aware of the drug being ingested because you taste it and you can get psychosomatic effects.

Personally I have taken mescaline (as the HCl as well) both in capsules as well as dissolved in water and honestly it did not differ *that* much, but more importantly I staggered the dose by dividing it into 3 portions and leaving about 15-20 minutes between them.
I chose that timeframe because if you leave too long then if you throw up after an hour you might lose some of your dose. If you leave less time, then it doesn't really have a point.

Have a safe journey <3

Thanks for the info Solipsis ;)

I quite liked the term he used when reading "The Teachings of Don Juan"
Not sure how factual the book is but it was a great read.

I've always had ridiculously strong experiences with mescaline at higher doses, like stated though it has its own calm flavor. To me though that doesn't equate to it not being as powerful as LSD. My mind was pretty far fucked at the highest doses. Still though it wasn't the same thing as LSD or others, my mind was just really fogged at times but it would be crystal clear at others. Mescaline at certain points in the trip seems to have the wave effect on me. Either way mescaline's BL is lovely, i'm one who's rarely bothered by BL's unless their over stimulating. It creates this state of calm serenity almost like a good meditation, I also feel so connected to everything. Trees, people, animals, and incests doesn't matter, I just feel this deep connection to all of them. Its truly amazing and I doubt it would or could replicated at least to any really strong degree. I don't know though because I don't think many people have dosed as high as me(about 1,250mgs). I am pretty much insane though. :( ;)

Edit: I also someday hope to work with its synthetic counterpart, I would be truly elated to see the differences between that and the extracts i've dosed so many times before. I think I could be a fair judge as well, though granted I haven't had any recent extract experiences save one in Sept., though either way I can clearly notice the difference between Pedro vs Peruvian extracts, though it can be hard to distinguish at certain doses most times their slightly different. It would be absolutely beautiful in my mind to compare them with their synth counterpart, not to mention I could IM the synth version which is what I desire. Especially since doing synth 4-HO-DMT, i'd always believed the people that said their was a difference, but I loved 4-HO-DMT's wacky ride whereas anything but low dose 4-AcO-DMT I really enjoyed and never reached anything crazy with shrooms.

Last edited:
I finally had the pleasure to consume some Mescaline HCL. We went away to the forest with a good friend of mine as I find the energies more positive in the nature then a bustling city.

We consumed 500 mg each with juice and it defiantly came in waves. It kicked in approximately 30 min after consuming it and was one epic ride that lasted 12+ hours.
The visuals were amazing both open and closed eyes. The body high was a little too much at times and a little uncomfortable.

Overall I enjoyed it but I doubt I would go any more then 500 mg as was one hell of journey.
Having journeyed through hyberspace with DMT last week it sure did take me back there at times.

My two experiences with synthetic mescaline hcl left me feeling like I had more to explore. I love 2C-T-7, 2C-B, 2C-C, and a few other phenethylamines so I figured mescaline HAD to be the psychedelic of psychedelics. My two goes were with 400mg and 600mg. Neither one was overwhelmingly powerful. At the time (this was summer 2011) I was using A LOT of DMT in an attempt to leave my horribly sick body (severe suboxone WD) so I probably had a huge tolerance...that time was the crazy phase when I would take a shot of DMT (for instance) to go outside and get the mail.

Normally I am sensitive to most of the PEAs out there so I was particularly surprised at how gentle my mescaline experiences were.

Even my personal experience aside, I don't think mescaline is particularly hard on the sense of self. Don't take this to mean I am saying it is 'weak' just saying mescaline appears not to cause panic, destruction of the ego, or many of the other aspects to psychedelics some find difficult.

I'll be getting my hands on mescaline HCl soon and I'd like to know how much I should dose. I was thinking 200mg, but I'm not sure if that's enough. I'm not very experienced with psychedelics, I've done LSD about six times at about 100-150mcg and 2C-B three times at 14, 18, and 21mg, so I'm hoping to get an idea of how strong 200mg of mescaline is.

Also, I'll probably be mixing it with MDMA someday soon. I know this is a thing, and that there's a combo thread for it, but I've read about possible MAOI interactions with MDMA. I'm assuming this is only a risk when consuming mescaline straight from the cacti, but I'd like to make sure. Also, in comparison to candy flipping, how are the effects?

Thank you.

Well mescaline isn't an MAOI so you have nothing to worry about in that regard. 200mg is pretty low imo, I would start with 400mg, after an allergy test of course.

Consumed 1g of pure mescaline HCL in 3 days at a festival. Although I never dosed more than 200-300 mg at once and had taken LSD and MDMA few days before taking the mescaline, so the trip wasn't VERY intense but still I'd have to say it's my favourite drug. MDMA-like empathy and visuals better than acid. ^_^

Mescaline never fucked with me as bad as acid does sometimes, it doesn't make the world around you alien-like... it only amplifies it so the possibility of a bad trip isn't as high :)

I feel like mixing mescaline and mdma would be a little weird and not in a good way. Mdma is a lot more pushy, mescaline is already pretty much into the realm of empathogens to provide some of the emotional openness that I associate with mdma. Also, the time-frames of these 2 materials do not match up at all...mescaline is 2 or 3 times longer than mdma. Personally, I wouldn't want to combine these two.

400mg as a first seems like quite a bit. I was hoping for some answers that would roughly relate the intensity of a 200mg mescaline HCl to an X dosage of LSD, but I'm sure it's not that simple.

I wouldn't see why mescaline and MDMA wouldn't be a good combo. As with candy flipping, I'm assuming you'd time your doses of mescaline and MDMA accordingly. I'm just wondering how well this combo would compete in comparison to candy flipping.

of course everyone is different, but I find a phenethylamine+a tryptamine to be better than 2 phenethylamines taken together.

Also, feel like mdma would push the mescaline around or overpower it. Mescaline is such a rare compound, I would enjoy it on it's own or else stack something like mushrooms or a 4 substituted tryptamine onto the mescaline experience during the last third of it. more like a segue into a mushroom trip.

I have taken acid and mescaline together and didn't find it particularly synergistic. It was a positive experience, very joyful, but not something that was so worthwhile that I would rush to repeat it.

of course everyone is different, but I find a phenethylamine+a tryptamine to be better than 2 phenethylamines taken together.

Also, feel like mdma would push the mescaline around or overpower it. Mescaline is such a rare compound, I would enjoy it on it's own or else stack something like mushrooms or a 4 substituted tryptamine onto the mescaline experience during the last third of it. more like a segue into a mushroom trip.

I have taken acid and mescaline together and didn't find it particularly synergistic. It was a positive experience, very joyful, but not something that was so worthwhile that I would rush to repeat it.

I agree, but also you gave me a really good idea (i think so).....

AMT in a low dose + A med-low dose of mescaline.

To me, that sounds interesting, even though i really like mescaline with a 4-sub like 4-aco-dmt, or 4-ho-met.

AMT, i have yet to try, though i have an amount of it. Might get around to it once i get a feel for what AMT is all about.

For my first mescaline experience, I had prepared two capsules with 250 mg. each (of what I know believe to have been the HCl salt). After taking one and feeling the first effects within 15 minutes, we rushed out of the camp-site to find a comfortable place. This was just before breakfast, so it's probable this really sped up the come-up. At any rate, we never got around to taking that second capsule. 250 mg. was very definitely +++ territory. A very intense and beautiful first encounter with synthetic mescaline. I've later dosed >400 mg. in total from another batch (allegedly the sulfate... tested both, but didn't get back results on which salt) and was underwhelmed.

So, I would be careful with dosing too high your first time. As synthetic mescaline is relatively rare and expensive, I can see why you would go big for your first try, but there remains a lot of truth in the old adagium of titrating your way up. Tread carefully would be my advise, based on personal experience. You can always redose but never take less.

^ Good advice and some that any would-be psychedelic adventurer should take no matter what substance we're talking about.

I'm taking part in my first mescaline experience tomorrow morning. I've waited 5 or so years for this day. Excited isn't the word.

Pure mescaline, ricardo? Have a great time man. Mescaline's really a wonderful substance and one that deserves to be called a 'classic'. Something in its own right, very much distinguishable from all other classics. Enjoy!