John McAfee aka Stuffmonger wanted for Murder

Wow, that's really trippy.

It makes me wonder what other more high profile people are browsing and posting on BL

several readers have come forward with additional information that sheds light on the change in McAfee's behavior. In July of 2010, shortly before Allison Adonizio pulled the plug on their quorum-sensing project and fled the country, McAfee began posting on a drug-focused Russian-hosted message board called Bluelight

How did several readers of gizmodo know that McAfee was on Bluelight?
And does that fact that he was on Bluelight truly "shed light" on his behavior change -is it because drug users are often murderers, and murderers are often drug users? :?

well in that PV thread he started he eventually states his name, and that he is in Belize...

If the cops of a 3rd world country wanted to detain me, I'd run too, regardless of guilt or innocence.

If the cops of a 3rd world country wanted to detain me, I'd run too, regardless of guilt or innocence.

I can see the logic, especially if you are a well to do foreigner. All states are a racket, but is Belize really an extraordinary police state compared to Afghanistan or Dixie?

hrm, conflicting statements in these articles

wired article:
Marco Vidal, the head of Belize’s Gang Suppression Unit, says that McAfee is a “prime suspect” in Faull’s death

yahoo/reuters article:
Police in Belize want to question U.S. anti-computer virus software pioneer John McAfee in connection with the murder of a neighbor he had been quarrelling with, but they say he remains a person of interest at this time and is not a suspect.

--

wired article:
He spoke specifically about Faull. “This is not something he would ever do,” McAfee said. “I mean, he’s an angry sort of guy but he would never hurt a dog.”

yahoo/reuters article:
Segura said McAfee had been at odds with Faull for some time. He accused his neighbor of poisoning his dogs earlier this year and filed an official complaint.

their product is borderline bloatware anyway. More like John Smackafee, he'll probably
get off on a technicality only expensive lawyers know about

I can see the logic, especially if you are a well to do foreigner. All states are a racket, but is Belize really an extraordinary police state compared to Afghanistan or Dixie?

He has already stated he has paid $2m in "gifts" to the local police

I read about this when I checked my email today. I'm going to keep following it. I wonder who else is here we don't know about?

the only famous people ive known to be on here was that intervention dxm kid and this guy

but the possibilities are endless and interesting to ponder

...McAfee had fired off guns and exhibited "roguish behavior." Their final disagreement apparently involved dogs.

Well, I guess ol' Stuff wasn't lying about the dogs at least! ;)

I am impressed. I've been on Bluelight off and on since 1999 and this is certainly the most unusual and hilarious episode I can recall. Whodda thunk, the perfect confluence of McAfee, eccentric genius and the jungle, "bath salts", sex, murder, and Bluelight? This is a certain press mans wild dream!

Cheers

I didn't realise he was the same McAffee the antivirus software is named after...

You couldn't write this stuff.