• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 College Basketball v. Join the BL NCAA Basketball Bracket! page 9 ITT

minnesota with a convinving 70-57 win over north dakota state tonight(this is a good team, expect them to win their conf and be a 14-15 seed)
trever mbakwe appears to be back to 100%
14 pts 18 rebounds...in just 20 minutes of court time
rodney williams with another 360 dunk tonight, plus 19 pts

they don't play again until the 22nd(laffeyette) and than don't play again till big ten opener hosting MSU 12/31

this team is good...really good(feels good!)...i like being under the radar, but come big ten play should be a top 10 team in the rankings(currently #13ap #16coaches)

image.png

Temple with a big win in MSG over Syracuse, come on Arci have you not been watching college hoops why am I talking to myself here MR. MODERATOR

big ten play begins tomorrow

my erection is dangerous

with mizzou losing the other day gophers should reach the top ten in the first time, well, since i've been a reborn fan in '01

'97 they were awesome, final four good,too bad some stinky whore who did the player's homework told the newspapers about it

Mizzou is ranked #7 in the AP poll right now. Man I hope we can keep this momentum going through conference play, I just don't know how far we will go in the SEC.

Hey shim- what teams do you follow in college ball?

mizzou will drop to at least 14 after the baylor loss

i like mizzou, i think i picked them to win it all last year, after losing in like the 1st or 2nd round lol

bring back quin snider

Is Quinn still an assistant with the Lakers?
Mizzou lost a lot of talent over the summer, I'm not sure how far they are going to go, but try are off to a great start and they are playing 4 guards and 1 forward like last year. I still can't believe they got bounced so early last march, I was heartbroken.

have no idea what quinn is up too

he was young as hell when he was head coach,may see him again someday

gophers end game with a 22-4 run to beat MSU by 13, 76-63

so fucking happy right now

crazy ass, hard nosed game with shit load of momentum swings

i havn't seen williams arena that amped...ever

ranked #9, deserving, bitches

they are a pure shooter away from being a legit national championship contender....defense, interior offense, and depth is definitely there

Temple is my favorite team but really for other teams its just random reasons why I like them. I like Kansas because they won me a pool the year they won most recently when Mario Chalmers hit that game tying 3.

I dislike any team Coach Cal is currently coaching

coach cal is fucking savvy as hell, smart, tricky, a genius, and actually comes off as a caring dude

i don't like any of his teams, but i respect the hell out of him, i don't care how bad he cheats the system, he's good at doing it

speaking of temple my all time favorite player is nenimiah (sp?) ingram, like 7 years ago coach cheney(same coach who threatened to kill coach cal when he was at umass at post game presser) 'brought in the goon' vs i believe st. joes and this guy beat the shit out of people and fouled out in like 2 minutes lol

Cats losing to L-ville sucked but at least they showed some heart when down by 17. They really suck at free throws though. I just dont understand how these kids can be considered top recruits when they cant make a decent % from the FT line. Not sure if they would have won the game but them missing more than half of them really killed their comeback in the last few minutes. Do free throws not count when they are evaluated?

I've tried to imagine how dominant Shaq would have been had he been able to shoot even 60% from the FT line. I realize Wilt was a poor shooter too but that was not mine or most of anyone here's era.

2 bright notes: Wiltjer was lighting them up from 3, nice to see. And Goodwin was unconscious in the last 6+ minutes. Dude was hitting shots that NBAers make........hope he carries it over into SEC play.

you wish you still had tubby ;)

although he's somewhat underachieved in his 6 years so far(no ncaa touney wins, mainly cause there were injuries, transfers(royce white being the most significant one) and off the court shit every year)

i still can't believe the gophers landed him, really caught me off guard

you wish you still had tubby ;)

although he's somewhat underachieved in his 6 years so far(no ncaa touney wins, mainly cause there were injuries, transfers(royce white being the most significant one) and off the court shit every year)

i still can't believe the gophers landed him, really caught me off guard

Good pick up for them. Too much high profile expectations at UK (deservedly so). Tubby is better off with a lower tier program so he can build it up and show what he is made of because no one expects UM to do anything, ever. And the AD will have the patience to let it come to fruition.

noone expects UM to do anything?

they were in the final four in '97 and had a great program in the 90s

then clem haskins fucked up that program over and it took 10 years to get out of that mess

now i'm damn proud to be a gopher fan, they are a top five team in the big ten, which coincidentally makes them a top 10 team in the country...they will be ranked probably #7 or #6 in the next AP poll, their only loss is vs duke(of they beat them they would more than likely be ranked #1 rightnow, whoa) unless the drop the ball vs NW at home, i'll hang my self

winning the national championship is less of a task that winning the big ten tounrey

ideally, i would just want to get to semis of big ten tounry, there's no way to get so hot that you win the big ten tourny and then win the ncaa tourny unless you're the memphis grizzles

noone expects UM to do anything?

they were in the final four in '97 and had a great program in the 90s

then clem haskins fucked up that program over and it took 10 years to get out of that mess

now i'm damn proud to be a gopher fan, they are a top five team in the big ten, which coincidentally makes them a top 10 team in the country...they will be ranked probably #7 or #6 in the next AP poll, their only loss is vs duke(of they beat them they would more than likely be ranked #1 rightnow, whoa) unless the drop the ball vs NW at home, i'll hang my self

winning the national championship is less of a task that winning the big ten tounrey

ideally, i would just want to get to semis of big ten tounry, there's no way to get so hot that you win the big ten tourny and then win the ncaa tourny unless you're the memphis grizzles

You just epitomized what I meant.

Minnesota fan: happy to have any success, win some games, maybe contend for a championship every now again.

UK fan: win every game, BEAT LOUISVILLE & INDIANA, win the SEC regular season title, win the SEC tourney then win a National Championship or FAIL & GTFO

HUGE difference in expectations. When was the last time Minnesota was expected to contend for a national championship? That is every year for UK.

wasn't billy gilespie the coach at UK for some time?

were they competing for NCs back then?

i could be way off, just speculations

just so everyone knows me and arci have an avatar wager on michigan @ minnesota game january 17(only meeting of the season)

could potentially be a #1 vs #2 showdown

loser wears other person's teams avatar for a month

and damn big ten is ON!

i like that gophers roughed up michigan state
michigan state killed purdue today
purdue killed illinois earlier this week
illinois killed OSU today

oh big ten you so crazy, you so crazy

and MEAN!

wasn't billy gilespie the coach at UK for some time?

were they competing for NCs back then?

i could be way off, just speculations

It doesnt matter who the coach is, the expectations do not waiver. Rebuilding is a term used only if you plan to not coach very long at UK. And Gillespie was a hot name at the time following Tubby getting run out of town. Sure he had a couple of good years at Texas A&M but the pressure cooker that is UK basketball is only paralleled by the likes of Duke, UCLA and Indiana. He cannot recruit and he sure as hell did not coach very well. Result: See ya, chump.

do you have any idea what happened with gilespie and the info that leaked about how abusive of a coach he was?

it's pretty hilarious

making janitors participate in FT drills and making them run lol