• Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 College Basketball v. Join the BL NCAA Basketball Bracket! page 9 ITT

i wish they never made it close lol

dunno if i want tubby back or not, bring back crooked ass clem haskins! haha

dr. dre hollins is a future star, will make nba

la salle vs fla gulf coast championship game would make me happy

I think Florida wins

Patric Young is a monster dude

I guarantee you everything Ive said about the Gophers all year bites them in the ass.

shitty shot, shitty shot, offensive rebound, not clutch, no playmakers just finishers

youll see

yup

Thats the way to do it miami! We're goin all the way baby, well, almost all the way... Yet still im fuckin pissed at new mexico... What the hell happened there. All my other four seem to be on the right track and they fucked up. Ugh

Man, fuck work, I missed a bunch of good games. And i dont work until, you guessed it, the day the sweet 16 starts.

And ole miss lost, I wanted to see Henderson go ballistic, oh well.

8da1af45-2934-40cd-bad9-f0031a83a116_fgcudunk4_zpsd0a4421e.gif

boomshakalaka!

dude I dont need to flex Ive been saying it all year

I will give them credit for making it to the second round, although I think Oregon and UCLA should have been switched.

That would have been a good game, Oregon vs Minnesota first round

Florida GC is my favorite team ever.

This. Sportscenter called Florida a lock vrs. FGCU. I say NAY! I picked them to go all the way everyone said I was crazy but nope...after meticulously watching and breaking down every single game they played this year I knew they would be the sleeper. Took roughly 50 hours of my life, but if they make it all the way it would be totally worth it.

Florida will prob make the final four

and hopefully lose to Indiana

im not worried about the last game, Khalif Wyatt will do that to any team he is a baller

Miami I had getting knoced off but I think they can run with IU

I need MSU over Duke so bad

and I need Ohio St to lose to Zona not because I picked that but because a dude im close with has osu winning (idk about that)

tubby smith has a been fired, it was the right move...no hard feeling but he just didn't meet expectations and was not a very strong recruiter and was unable to develop players, mainly Rodney Williams, earlier in his tenure he had solid recruits transfer out of the program, I just hope the decision doesn't back fire like the football program when they fired glen mason who was always completive and hired tim Brewster who destroyed the program....where ever tubby goes i'll support that school, rumor has it Jamie Dixon might be heading to USC, maybe tubby can get the pitt job

I know former twoves head coach and minn alum flip saunders was in attendance in a few of the games at the end of the year, not sure if he has NCAA experience, but I really don't think I want him

whatever happens I just hope neither of the hollins decide to transfer....dre hollins is the kind of player that can attract a really good coach

in a dream world calipari freaks out over his situation at UK cause of all the new recruits coming in and what the hell is he gonna do with is current players and decides to head to minn because there are like 3 juniors in HS that are like top 20 prospects in the state of Minnesota.....whoever the new coach is needs to be able to recruit all the instate talent, the twin cities is a great basketball breeding ground and usually the best of the crop decide not to stay in state

is bruce pearl allowed back in ncaa yet? I would take him....i'm expecting a really good coach because it's an attractive position cause of how good the big ten and it's coaches are

it's rumored that shaka smart was spotted at the Minneapolis airport today

African American youth basketball players really like him, so I guess if he gets hired I should be excited

I assume he would be able to go into twin cities as well as Chicago and get all dem blue chippers

apparently someone has already verbally committed to the job

gotta be shaka or flip

just found out gophers AD came from VCU

I had no idea joel maturi wasn't our AD anymore haha, some guy name Teague

I love Shaka shart. That would be sick. If you got pearl, I'd blow my head off. He should still be a vol. I love that motherfucker, and he should've never been fired.

tubby smith has a been fired, it was the right move...no hard feeling but he just didn't meet expectations and was not a very strong recruiter and was unable to develop players, mainly Rodney Williams, earlier in his tenure he had solid recruits transfer out of the program, I just hope the decision doesn't back fire

Same reason he left UK. After Pitino's recruits filtered through he was not so great.

rumor has it Jamie Dixon might be heading to USC, maybe tubby can get the pitt job

Resigned with Pitt through 2022/23

in a dream world calipari freaks out over his situation at UK cause of all the new recruits coming in and what the hell is he gonna do with is current players and decides to head to minn because there are like 3 juniors in HS that are like top 20 prospects in the state of Minnesota.....

You dont walk away from HC jobs like UK, UNC, Duke, UCLA....you become legen......(wait for it)......dary or a dull memory in the scope of NCAA bb royalty. Pitino has somehow been able to walk the line fairly well when he came back to coach L-ville. One thing you mention is interesting though. Calipari has a problem most coaches would love to have for themselves. If he finds a way to get all those kids to play right, he will be running waves at other schools next year. I'm confident that this season was an aberration and UK will be back with some swagger and a chip on their shoulder next year.

your recruiting class is sick. ya'll will be a player next year for sure.

i fucking hate kentucky so much.

USA TODAY

The Shaka Smart sweepstakes is over, and, once again, the winner is Virginia Commonwealth University.

Despite garnering interest from high-major basketball programs -- including UCLA and Minnesota -- Smart has told VCU he will remain at VCU, a person with direct knowledge of the contract negotiations told USA TODAY Sports Wednesday night. The person spoke under the condition of anonymity because the school hadn't publicly announced Smart's contract extension.

Smart's deal will run through 2023, and he will make about $1.5 million per year, the person said. The school is expected to put out a release Wednesday night. SI.com first reported news of Smart's extension Wednesday night.

Talks this week focused less on compensation and more on ways to improve the program, such as travel. VCU and Smart did not begin discussing his contract until the Rams' season ended, and the school is happy that it's locked up its coach, a rising star in the coaching profession.

After the Rams' Final Four run in 2011, VCU kept Smart by signing him to an eight-year contract extension and increasing his guaranteed money from about $420,000 to about $1.2 million. He also got more money in his recruiting and travel budgets, then-athletic director Norwood Teague said.

In recent years, Smart, 35, has chosen to remain at VCU amid openings at North Carolina State and Illinois, among others. The person said UCLA would not interview Smart if he signed an extension with VCU.

Smart told USA TODAY Sports in November that he was happy in Richmond, and his family was, too.

"You're coming to work every day to hopefully enjoy what you do. Learn, be better and be challenged," Smart said. "I have that opportunity here. There were some great opportunities that were out there, but this was really less about those opportunities and more about my desire to be here.

"The media can sometimes oversimplify these types of things and say that if someone leaves, they're all of the sudden greedy or selfish or they're in it for themselves or the money. If they stay, they're a great person or whatever. Just like me, you or anyone in a job, they're going to do what's best for them and their family. Be somewhere where their family is happy and where you're valued or appreciated. It just so happens that for me, I feel that way about VCU."

Smart just finished his fourth season with the Rams.

yeah yeah yeah

I know

good for VCU, I hope they become the next duke

the buzz is around flip saunders now, at first I was like hell no, but thinking about it now he might be able to recruit players and convince them he can get them ready for the nba, since he was a pretty good coach with the pistons/twolves

there's 3 HS players in the twin cities that are top 25 for the class of 2014, please get 2/3 of them, new coach....university desperately needs practice facilities, hopefully that comes with the new coach

they've got to be in a position to hire someone awesome, only way to justify the tubby firing to all the clueless non-gopher fans that don't realize how poor of a coach tubby was, and for the most part the players hated him, after loses he never took responsibility, always throwing kids under the bus