• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Recreational Dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But despite the "dirty" pharmacological profile it is many peoples drug of choice.

That is a great way to put it. I think it becomes many peoples DOC only because of the ease with which doctors prescribe it because it is only DEA schedule IV which is basically one step removed from over the counter. There are better options like some of the semi-synthetic opioids that do not carry the seizure risk or the SSRI & SNRI properties.

the only thing ive ever felt from tramadol was seizures. i think its such a dangerous medication. please be careful using it in high doses. i took the prescribed dose and had massive seizures with in an hour. i am prone to them cuz i flew thru a windsheild as a teen. im 33 and have had seizures for many years. the dr that gave me it knew that 2.

That is a great way to put it. I think it becomes many peoples DOC only because of the ease with which doctors prescribe it because it is only DEA schedule IV which is basically one step removed from over the counter. There are better options like some of the semi-synthetic opioids that do not carry the seizure risk or the SSRI & SNRI properties.

It's actually unscheduled in most states. There's a handful of states that have it as a C-IV substance, but not many.

edit: And while the seizure risk is very present, I feel it's a bit overstated. I'm not the biggest fan of the drug, but am a CPP, so what you gonna do? It's better than just OTC pain relievers. I used to get #240/month (400mg daily), and have in the past taken 3 times that amount over the course of a day.

I really do like Tramadol. Taking both, the liquid and extended release tabs is the best way to get a nice, long-lasting opioid-buzz. Haven't taken some for a while, but 100mg liquid followed by a 100mg pill gave me really nice effects in the past.

One should keep in mind, that the tabs by itself aren't that "good" as the liquid is, but the tabs on the other hand guarantee a prolonged buzz which can last up to 10+ hours.

Since i don't get any of the SSRI-effects i'm just enjoying the opioid-buzz, so i can't really recommend this one, at least to myself :D

I've quite enjoyed using tramadol - I'm pretty opiate naive - only ever messed with codeine and bupe to small degrees, and I find tramadol gives me a really nice opiate high, especially when used with weed and alcohol [alcohol in very smll amounts obv]. Must say I had no idea it was so 'dirty', must say it puts me off it somewhat - pretty sure I've taken 400mg or more at once and felt fine though.

Ultracet is horrible to try and get a buzz from.
Don't even try.
Find your self some norco and take 2 if your tolly is low.

Quite surprised at the Tramadol hate tbh, out of all opiates/opioids I've used it's been by far the best for me followed by DHC then Oramorph then Codeine.

It gives me a huge rush and I feel very spaced out and all warm and fuzzy. Other than that DHC has given me a really good rush feeling which Oramorph or Codeine have never achieved.

Though I can no longer take Tramadol due to taking Venlafaxine. 200mg washed down with a pint was a great giggle.

I think Tramadol is a Godsend after 5 or 6 days into Morphine withdrawal.! I took 1200mg of Tramadol over a 12 hour period today along with 5mg of diazepam twice. I did not get the overall feeling I was looking for, and just felt normal ...but normal is a buzz all by itself when in withdrawals. Before I was on morphine I had to take around 400-500mg of Tramadol in a 12 hour time period to achieve wanted effects.

2 x tramadol SR 150mg crushed with your teeth before downing it with a glass of beer did me just fine, but I am not fond of it. Yes its warm and fuzzy and music sounds rad on it, but I can't stop scratching myself the whole day, it was fucken annoying. I much rather have a tweak on the 'ol pipe and then smoke some weed to be honest!

Back when I used to take tramadol every day I would have to do about 15 50mg tabs.
I'm not saying go ahead and do 15. I'm sure you know that once you pass the 400mg mark you're vulnerable to seizures.
Luckily, I never copped a seizure back in my tram days. I used to abuse the hell out of them.

I'd say for most people 150-250mg is a good recreational dose, sans tolerance. For me I prefer to take 400-600mg, but at that amount I take a small amount of an anticonvulsant benzo to avoid seizures or spasticity.

Status
Not open for further replies.