• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants could this be true? (meth cures flu)

Just as with pseudo I think this mainly would only mask symptoms. Also the part about ODing on meth preventing you from getting sick is rather rediculous in my opinion. That in and of itself will make you sick.

I took amphetamine sulphate so I could study while having the flu some years back. I remember it almost masked the symptoms completely but they returned with a vengeance when I stopped using 3 days later. I would seriously doubt that meth can cure the flu.

Last edited:
this was done "in vitro" latin for "in glass"

From the article:

"The concentration of virus in the meth-treated human lung epithelial cells and the meth-untreated group was calculated at various time points"

This means that meth added to human lung epithelial cells growing on a nutrient medium in glass reduces (while not entirely eliminating) the virus in vitro.

This doesn't at all mitigate the poor health outcomes you get from using meth.

So, no. Meth is not going to cure your flu.

Just as with pseudo I think this mainly would only mask symptoms. Also the part about ODing on meth preventing you from getting sick is rather rediculous in my opinion. That in and of itself will make you sick.
This.

Methamphetamine does not cure the flu, and any link that contains "legalize meth" in the title is not to be trusted.

Pretty sure meth also cures world hunger as well as narcolepsy.

Yeah it'll mask symptoms with its CNS stimulation. The extreme dopamine/serotonin release will pretty much do the job of keeping you from feeling too sickly.

But why put more exertion on your body while it's overexerting itself? Not saying meth is any worse than pseudo or adderall for CNS stimulation, because it's all dose dependant, but I feel like if you have the flu, meth shouldn't be a thought on your mind.

Sleep, hydration and nutrients.

any link that contains "legalize meth" in the title is not to be trusted.

Lmfao.

Cocaine used to be prescribed for the common cold... Also as a "cure all." Meth is horrible and can cause you to get the flu (dependent on dose, ROA, longevity of use, etc.) in some cases! It is not gonna cure your flu bud. Don't meth with meth...! lol

Apparently Eddie Van Halen claims that Crystal Meth helped him cure his cancer.

Meth might make you feel temporarily better (although I've always found that it immediately makes me 100X sicker), but after you crash, you'll get sick as a dog, even if you weren't sick to begin with.

Yep. Even if you're not sick, the crash can make you realize what your body now feels like now that its reward center isn't getting drilled.

^I agree

With what methamphetamine is oftentimes cut on the streets making the user sick at the very least

it will constrict the blood vessels up inyour nose..just don't snort it for fucks sake or it might be 10X worse lol

So, what you're all saying is that this is another case of the cure being worse than the disease?

well its not even a cure, really, but yeah, crystal meth is definitely worse than the flu, dude lol

Actually yes I believe it can. It speeds up your immune system. So as long as you eat healthy afterwards you
should not get the flu back. Although once I was doing bath salts (far more intense than meth) it completely cured
my cold, but when I stopped it came back, and with a vengence as someone else said...it turned into the pneumonia
but luckily I surived. I think its all a matter of how strong your immune system really is. If it was super strong, you would have
never got sick in the first place. Meth just weakens it even more. But I could see it making the cold go away, although maybe not with just one use. I know I personally have cured my colds before they even come on, using all sort of different shit. Drugs are in reality not a cure for anything. They just mask symptoms. Your body is what cures it (Your immune system) and your immune system was created by god. Also you can instantly heal if you know how to access the healing energy in the universe into your body, it instantly starts healing you. This is how miracles are possible and how god works. You have to make the choice though. God rarely interferes with someone's life if they ignore him. The devil however will gladly be there with you until you learn how to rise above it.

And if people think they are healthy, please think again. 100% of the people have or will get
cancer in the next couple of decades. This is easily treatable but these are the statistics I've heard..and it makes sense. Population control is one of their goals, so the best way would be something that 90% of people use- Like Cell phones. This has been predicted to cause everyone to get cancer that uses them, and does no treatment. So, the survivors will be the smart people. What an awesome world it would be if there was no ignorance here.

Last edited:
methamphetamine works better as a decongestant than pseudoephedrine ever did!

Actually yes I believe it can. It speeds up your immune system. So as long as you eat healthy afterwards you
should not get the flu back. Although once I was doing bath salts (far more intense than meth) it completely cured
my cold, but when I stopped it came back, and with a vengence as someone else said...it turned into the pneumonia
but luckily I surived. I think its all a matter of how strong your immune system really is. If it was super strong, you would have
never got sick in the first place. Meth just weakens it even more. But I could see it making the cold go away, although maybe not with just one use. I know I personally have cured my colds before they even come on, using all sort of different shit. Drugs are in reality not a cure for anything. They just mask symptoms. Your body is what cures it (Your immune system) and your immune system was created by god. Also you can instantly heal if you know how to access the healing energy in the universe into your body, it instantly starts healing you. This is how miracles are possible and how god works. You have to make the choice though. God rarely interferes with someone's life if they ignore him. The devil however will gladly be there with you until you learn how to rise above it.

And if people think they are healthy, please think again. 100% of the people have or will get
cancer in the next couple of decades. This is easily treatable but these are the statistics I've heard..and it makes sense. Population control is one of their goals, so the best way would be something that 90% of people use- Like Cell phones. This has been predicted to cause everyone to get cancer that uses them, and does no treatment. So, the survivors will be the smart people. What an awesome world it would be if there was no ignorance here.

This is not true, methamphetamine does not boost your immune system, quite the opposite really. Post some sources to back up your claims.

the drug just distracts you from feeling sick.
when you're sober..you're not distracted..
and you feel sick again..
plus now your body has to compensate
for the meth you just injested..
the dehydration, the lack of sleep..
which makes it much harder to fight off that cold..
which has now settled into your chest..
and is working on becoming pneumonia..

should not get the flu back.

tshirt-m-gtfo-Green-art-280.gif

How about if it destroes viruses/bacteria through rising core temperature? I think it would be logical to assume this has positive effect on healing process. Don't know how it affects white blood cell production etc. Also, if Van halen thought it cured his cancer, well, again I think its logical to assume (at least at one point of view) that meth coul have had positive effect on that by causing anorexia/CR wich will boost elimination of cancerous cells. Those would also apply on other stimulants as well.

How about if it destroes viruses/bacteria through rising core temperature? I think it would be logical to assume this has positive effect on healing process. Don't know how it affects white blood cell production etc. Also, if Van halen thought it cured his cancer, well, again I think its logical to assume (at least at one point of view) that meth coul have had positive effect on that by causing anorexia/CR wich will boost elimination of cancerous cells. Those would also apply on other stimulants as well.

IMHO-trying to convince ourselves that meth has any kind of positive
affect on our body's healing process or even our health, in general,
is not logical...
but it does seem dangerous.