• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants could this be true? (meth cures flu)

I've heard that it makes breathing extremely easy, which makes sense since pseudoephedrine/ephedrine are decongestants. But it doesn't "cure" anything and over time has a deleterious effect on immune function (see: gay men w/ HIV who do meth. It "gobbles up" T-cells, speeding the progression to AIDS).

I've also heard that heroin users never get colds/flu, which is probably also bunk. Meth is a great symptom-masker for things like ADHD, chronic fatigue/narcolepsy and obesity...but it cures nothing.

How about if it destroes viruses/bacteria through rising core temperature? I think it would be logical to assume this has positive effect on healing process. Don't know how it affects white blood cell production etc. Also, if Van halen thought it cured his cancer, well, again I think its logical to assume (at least at one point of view) that meth coul have had positive effect on that by causing anorexia/CR wich will boost elimination of cancerous cells. Those would also apply on other stimulants as well.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I've heard that it makes breathing extremely easy, which makes sense since pseudoephedrine/ephedrine are decongestants. But it doesn't "cure" anything and over time has a deleterious effect on immune function (see: gay men w/ HIV who do meth. It "gobbles up" T-cells, speeding the progression to AIDS).

I've also heard that heroin users never get colds/flu, which is probably also bunk. Meth is a great symptom-masker for things like ADHD, chronic fatigue/narcolepsy and obesity...but it cures nothing.

It makes breathing easy for like 30 minutes. I always have difficulty breathing on meth comedowns (with all ROAs besides oral), and it gets bad, like almost as bad as opioid respiratory depression.

Meth has 2 medical indications: for obesity, and ADHD. Nothing else is applicable.

Last edited:
As far as amphetamines and structural analogs of it go in terms of using them for their decongestant (NRI) properties, you want to stay away from meth, since it has far too much DA and 5-HT activity relative to its low NE activity, which is what you want.

In terms of the best decongestants in that family that I've tried, that are not RC's, from best to worst (imo):

1. Ephedrine
2. Pseudoephedrine
3. Adderall (mixed amp salts of 72% d-amp, and 28% l-amp, with the DA:NE ratio of l-amp being 1:5)
4. Dexedrine (pure d-amp, with a DA:NE ratio of 1:1)

Hahaha yes

If I have I big day and I come down with the flu I smoke 0.2 and worry about it in a few days

IMHO-trying to convince ourselves that meth has any kind of positive
affect on our body's healing process or even our health, in general,
is not logical...
but it does seem dangerous.

Yes, I don't really try to convince myself or anyone else that meth has positive effects I was just thinking this situation like if it could then how it would. I don't have any personal issues here, I haven't even tried meth! So I don't know much about this subject and maybe I shouldn't have answered at all.

Just based on my experience, when I'm taking drugs that accelerates metabolic rate (usually clenbuterol and ephedrine courses) and raises body temperature I won't get sick. Ever haven't. Instead when I'm stopping them and body temperature falls I have sometimes got cold. Just my experience.

Bigfanofthemdrugs

I didn't say meth is an antitumor drug or will directly effect on cancers. All I was saying was that caloric restriction has negative effect on cancer and meth use could lead to CR. I don't remember Van halen was very bulky.. but I don't remember that he had cancer either so the point is; I couldn't care less about meth's effect on cancer because there are much better options for that.

Ex.

Caloric restriction and cancer.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11349885

"Even fasting on its own effectively treated a majority of cancers tested in animals, including cancers from human cells."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120208152254.htm

I had meth a couple of times with the flu. Totally masked it. Smoked heaps of ciggys and weed as you do. Then when I came down the flu was way worse. Definately no cure

YES IT CURES COLDS AND FLU IN MINUTES? The flu jab doesn't work for all strains and needs to be taken beforehand. We have a cure for colds and flu that is scientifically proven to work. It's called Methamphetamine, it can be taken after infection and it gets rid of colds and flu in minutes. The research chemical called MPA also works just as well as Methamphetamine. I haven't been ill since before 2012 because I take MPA whenever I feel a cold coming. Now they have banned MPA but when it was legal I contacted flucamp who pay ?3000 to give people flu so they can test drugs on people. I said I have my own legal drug and if you like I will come down and you can give me as much flu as you like and I'm confident that I wont get ill. They declined my offer because they wanted to test their own drugs. (which are crap and don't work).
Both methamphetamine and MPA are NOT addictive. Methamphetamine cures psoriasis and prevents obesity and diabetes. I would run rings around a normal non drug taking person in physical activities. Methamphetamine also boosts the immune system by replacing faulty white blood cells with healthy new ones leaving you less likely to get ill after stopping use. So what does our government do with these two amazing drugs? They ban them because of "addicts" even though addiction is NOT about the drug but the environment. It's the equivalent of banning all food that tastes nice because of obesity.