• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone anxiety/panic attack

im gonna chill out an watch some TV for abit and report back in an hour an let you guys know how its going. thank you guys so much.

im gonna chill out an watch some TV for abit and report back in an hour an let you guys know how its going. thank you guys so much.

ok have fun! and remember, please dont drive tonight, no matter what! you will be all good :) make some tea or any hot beverage that does not have caffeine in it, watch some tv, and relax.

Ah - I thought you meant that it increased GABA, which would inhibit dopamine production. My bad. I still believe that oxy can produce enough dopamine to cause a panic attack though as I've experienced it, but again, I was also taking dexedrine.

Simply telling him to ignore our post because he seems to be panicking over everything, let him relax abit.

Yes lacster I've been saying that the mixture of both substances is probably what caused it from the start.

i know what you are saying though, opiates release so much dopamine and so do amphetmines; as a result, they synergize and thus you need less of each to reach euphoria. if you take too much of each, you could go into a dopamine-induced psychosis

One thing is when I took too much oxy, it would make me sort of hyper feeling. But combined with weed, I think it threw you overboard. That's only my experience you know. Go easy on smoking weed and you should be okay.

yeah it was the weed im pretty sure of it. but why do you say to not drive? lol why would i be driving? sorry not trying to be a dick im jus curious why you made such a big deal about it. iv driven many hours high on opiates without any problems. i actually found i drive better on them because im less anxious and can relax abit more. sometimes i kinda freak out on the freeways for some reason and end up driving in the slow lane at 55 or 60 mph the whole way lol.

i mean i feak out on the freeways when im NOT on anything. so to be honest i think im better off when i have abit of a buzz going. but i dont mean i drive when im nodding out or anything. trust me bro i know when im good to drive and when im not cool to drive. its alot different than trying to drink and drive. i am totally against drinking and driving. i wont even drive after only a couple beers man. trust me bro i dont try to drive when i too fucked up. so dont worry about that my friend.

im totally against endangering other peoples lives on the freeway. plus i drive a lowered integra and sometimes it gets kinda hard to control the steering on these fucked up bumpy freeways we got here. so i jus drive extra careful and slow lol.

Last edited:
Are u serious? That is reckless and idiotic no offense. What if u nod out and crash and kill into a family or kill someone? I knew a girl who nodded out on the freeway on opiates and she feel asleep, ran into the wall median thing , flipped her car, injured two other people, thankfully nothing serious happened and she did not getting sued .....

Please please please don't drive on any cns depressants unless it us an extreme emergency like u are about to get killed or need to drive a someone that od to the hospital

Are u serious? That is reckless and idiotic no offense. What if u nod out and crash and kill into a family or kill someone? I knew a girl who nodded out on the freeway on opiates and she feel asleep, ran into the wall median thing , flipped her car, injured two other people, thankfully nothing serious happened and she did not getting sued .....

Please please please don't drive on any cns depressants unless it us an extreme emergency like u are about to get killed or need to drive a someone that od to the hospital

dude i get what your saying. but i think you kinda missed the part when i said i dont drive if im nodding. if im fucked to the point where im nodding or even close to it i WONT drive bro. i mean i drive on really low doses, meaning im no where near nodding at all. trust me bro, like i said already i wouldnt drive if i were endangering anyone man. believe me bro i dont think its cool or acceptable to drive all fucked up on drugs and alcohol. what i meant by driving with a buzz was like really low dose to jus take the edge off and calm me down a bit because i am kinda prone to anxiety while driving on the freeway, but not so bad that its un safe for me to do so. trust me dude i use good judgement when it comes to driving or not driving when im doing drugs or driving. whats even worse is when people try to drive when they are really tired. you know when your driving an you keep closing your eyes and its hard to keep them open. i dont drive while im really tire either cause that is the worste. trust me bro, if im not good to drive i jus pull over an catch some Z's until im good to go. i actually keep a blanket an a pillow in the back seat jus incase i have to pull over for some sleep. i understand your concern totally bro, but that is the last thing you should be worried about for me dude.

basically, if i feel that im starting to nod or get too tired to drive i WILL pull over and chill for a few hours and sleep and listen to music or whatever. i jus wait it out until i KNOW im ok to drive. TRUST ME BRO!

well the good news is i took the rest of my oxy(about 50mg) and no anxiety at ALL. lol i now know it was the weed or the combo of the 2 together was jus too much and i think weed jus isnt for me anymore. weed was cool as a teenager but i beleive i have out grown that and im done with it for the most part lol. thank you guys for all you help. you guys are truley awesome. especially you synthetix!

for instance bro. right now i am good to drive. i am no where near nodding out or tired at all. im not tired or fucked up at all. all that oxy did was help my chronic pains a bit. wich makes me think about how high my tolerance has gotten from taken methadone. IMHO i like methadone more than anything so far. i have also done herion(snorted).

i think the comedown from methadone is a bit easier also. i honestly cant see how methadone has gotten such a bad rep. so many people say bad things about it and i dont understand why. its the best opiat i think. another thing i like about methadone is the half life is so long too. so it takes a while for you to actually get to the bad withdrawls.

hi guys i recently had a anxiety/panic attack from taking about 50mg of oxycodone. i have been taking methadone for a few weeks before this. i can normally take a lot more oxy that that with no negative side affects. i also smoked a bit of medical cannabis that was pretty strong. i might add that i hadnt smoked for about 2 weeks before this so my tolerance to weed was very low. im wondering if it was the weed or the oxy that started the worst panic attack iv ever had. it was like those panic attacks you get sometimes on the come up of a strong dose of MDMA x2. it was pretty bad. im jus wondering cause iv read that others have had panic attacks from oxy before. its just weird cause iv taken much more than 50mg before an i was fine. it was very wierd and kinda jus wanted to see if anyone else got this before or what people think about this.

If you are prone to panic attacks and anxiety then this is not as uncommon as you think. This kinda sound like my story.
I took hydromorphone 4mg pill time 4 a day after a surgery with no adverse affects. Now that injury is giving me shit so my doc gave me percs. I took one and thought i was dying. Tried codiene, oxy, tramadol etc etc. and all produced the same effect. Turns out for some reason Any time i take an opiate/opioid i get thrown into a massive panic attack.

I asked my doc about this after a ER visit where i was completly fine. Panic attack. Its actaully semi common in ppl with anxiety. Sucks ass i know. Especially if you have cronic pain needs.

dude i get what your saying. but i think you kinda missed the part when i said i dont drive if im nodding. if im fucked to the point where im nodding or even close to it i WONT drive bro. i mean i drive on really low doses, meaning im no where near nodding at all. trust me bro, like i said already i wouldnt drive if i were endangering anyone man. believe me bro i dont think its cool or acceptable to drive all fucked up on drugs and alcohol. what i meant by driving with a buzz was like really low dose to jus take the edge off and calm me down a bit because i am kinda prone to anxiety while driving on the freeway, but not so bad that its un safe for me to do so. trust me dude i use good judgement when it comes to driving or not driving when im doing drugs or driving. whats even worse is when people try to drive when they are really tired. you know when your driving an you keep closing your eyes and its hard to keep them open. i dont drive while im really tire either cause that is the worste. trust me bro, if im not good to drive i jus pull over an catch some Z's until im good to go. i actually keep a blanket an a pillow in the back seat jus incase i have to pull over for some sleep. i understand your concern totally bro, but that is the last thing you should be worried about for me dude.

basically, if i feel that im starting to nod or get too tired to drive i WILL pull over and chill for a few hours and sleep and listen to music or whatever. i jus wait it out until i KNOW im ok to drive. TRUST ME BRO!

You've obviously never been convicted of a DUI. It's only a matter of time with that attitude though. Seriously man, I really could give less fucks about whether your nodding or not, your putting everyone elses lives at risk. You may not care so much about your own life, and that's your own right, but you have absolutely no right to get behind the wheel of a car when your under the influence of drugs or alcohol to kill a family of four. You will never forgive yourself, nor should you. It doesn't matter whether you THINK your fine to drive.

I used to think just like you man, I'm telling you it's reckless, irresponsible, and immature.

well the good news is i took the rest of my oxy(about 50mg) and no anxiety at ALL. lol i now know it was the weed or the combo of the 2 together was jus too much and i think weed jus isnt for me anymore. weed was cool as a teenager but i beleive i have out grown that and im done with it for the most part lol. thank you guys for all you help. you guys are truley awesome. especially you synthetix!

No offense, but your line of thinking is all mixed up...any plant in it's natural state (cannabis-poppies-psylocibin etc...
can be miracle medicine in small amounts for any medical disorder.

Been taking oxy for 4 years and it still gives me random fits of anxiety

However, I can have anxiety without it as well. But sometimes it ruins the experience for me. On bad days I might counteract this with around .25mg Xanax which I have found to be a safe and effective dose.

I'm prescribed 20mg 4x's a day (80mg daily) of IR oxy for chronic pain. Recently I had a cocaine binge and the next day I took 60mg of my oxy in one go to calm my heart down and BAM I had a panic attack for the first time. Maybe the coke was still acting on my dopamine levels while introducing oxy at the same time? The length of time between my last line and the oxy was about 8 hours. But as u know coke can still affect ur heart rate even when it's worn off

I have panic attacks often after I have been on oxycodone for months. They come out the blue. Usually about 30 minutes after a dose. And it's worse when I smoke a cigarette. I hate it. Feels like I OD'd or something. I usually go for a walk outside, drink water or sit in front of the fan with A.C running.