• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread-11th Dose-50 grams and a kidney later..

Status
Not open for further replies.
while on it yesterday i was thinking how its not that great anymore and i should just quit before it gets terrible which it for sure will. but i would really hate life without mxe. i could not do any substance again and it wouldnt be a big deal, except this one. i'm so conflicted :(

Here's the conflict. You recognize that the experience is not great any more. It's not what it use to be and perhaps is even beginning to affect you in a negative way. Why not take a break and step away from it for awhile? Why not allow yourself some time to recover. Trust me. I stopped for exactly 30 days and my tolerance went down a great amount. Even 2 or 3 weeks is a good amount to take a break for. Just give your mind and body time to recover in between uses. Trust me, it will thank you in the long run by giving you more enjoyable experiences.

Got a gram on the way, can't wait 8o

I'm not sure I would say I'm addicted to this stuff, but I don't see it leaving my life entirely for quite some time..

That's the exact mentality that is going to be your downfall. I don't know how much you've used in the past or how much you are using currently, but I'd say if you are using it multiple times a week, you are headed down a slippery slope. It's your prerogative, but please heed the advice of myself and others in this thread.

jeez man, how many times you think you've used this drug? in what doses do you use it?

maybe you're joking but posts like this freak me out honestly

Last edited by a moderator:
jeez man, how many times you think you've used this drug? in what doses do you use it?

I first started using MXE last january. I'd say I've probably used 4 grams since then. From january to the end of march, I would use it maybe 4-5 days every week. Once april rolled around, I got frustrated at how sluggish and apathetic it would make me, especially in social situations, so I stopped using it until June. Back then when I was dosing around 75-125mg at a time. In late june I started using it again, but I lowered my average dose to around 35 mg, and forced myself to only use it on weekends. The results were much better.

Sure, it's long term effects on the body are unknown, but in my eyes, 100ish mg of MXE a day (dosed staggeringly) can't be much worse for you than a few drinks a day or a few cigarettes a day. Honestly, I haven't experienced anything about it that would make me want to quit it forever.

If my wording scares you, you're probably best off not looking at earlier threads. My usage is rather tame in comparison to some other posters'

Are you addressing me? I used MXE for about four months, hard to say how many "times" I've used it, but rest assured it was heavy usage (4-5g over ~3 months). I used in doses ranging from 25-100mg over the course of my use, wasn't especially fond of the "M-hole". I probably would have used even more if I did not have to be so surreptitious about it. It's really no joke, this stuff has a nasty capability to draw you in. It's completely bizarre the way it happens, too. It's like you try to reason with yourself that you aren't going to use any more, but when you can find no reason not to, you end up doing it anyway.

The only other addiction I've personally gone through is alcoholism, but MXE was completely different. I actually felt like I had somewhat of a choice whether to drink or not, but MXE made me feel so wonderful on so many different levels, I saw no reason not to be on it. I specifically remember thinking to myself, "this is different than alcohol because I am actually getting things DONE while on this drug!" which wasn't entirely untrue, but was an obvious attempt to justify using more with no real grasp or care as to what it was doing to me, mentally or physically.

It'd be naive to say that everyone who tries it will end up using it so frequently as some people are able to moderate their usage or do not even end up liking the drug but if you are susceptible to addiction or habituation in any way, I would steer clear of MXE.

Sure, it's long term effects on the body are unknown, but in my eyes, 100ish mg of MXE a day (dosed staggeringly) can't be much worse for you than a few drinks a day or a few cigarettes a day. Honestly, I haven't experienced anything about it that would make me want to quit it forever.
Disagree, 100mg a day is 3grams a month.. thats going to be FAR worse than a couple of drinks a day (the word couple being really key here, if you drink in such way that you feel euphoric from the booze its bad, if its just a drink after meal its another thing).. first, its good to assume that such doses are going to fuck your kidneys, I know, there arent many proofs yet, but ketamine does it too and a small percentage of mxe users already have the same issues. Some people are fine after going through 50 grams, but then theres a non-insignificant amount of people who do have problems with way lower doses, and pretty much everyone who ever did a high dose of mxe during one day has urinating problems during the trip so its a good idea to assume as a fact that there is something wrong going on in that area.

And more importantly there is this incredible feeling of well-being, feeling that you have done everything right so far when in fact you did absolutely nothing productive - in this sense it is very much like meth but maybe even worse than meth. Now I had a 2 week break from mxe, wasnt really heavy user and I plan to continue using it but we all have to face its just an addiction like any other. Many times I literally felt like genius, but one time I actually managed to force myself to write down most of what I thought about the trip only to found out mxe brings absolutely nothing useful or innovative,it just totally takes control over your thought process and makes you think you think in a different, sharper, more "direct" way (aka robot) while on it, while most of the time you are just having FUN in retrospect, nothing else. So many times while being connected to the Skynet I thought that THIS TIME I really thought of the genius solution to my life, how to become financially independent etc. but the harder you try to think about realistic, specific, concrete things you should do, the more you drift away into thinking about something completely different, its never possible to actually catch what the MXE tries to tell you, which only makes me think there really isnt anything useful in it. Unfortunately.

If you take really tiny dose, like 5-10mg then it does actually make you more productive, more confident etc. without all the slurred speech problem, robo-like movements etc. but like with every drug you'll have to increase dosage quickly and then one day you'll find you're more productive sober.

I still believe that MXE can serve as a perfect anti-depressant but since it stays so long in our systems that's only one more reason NOT to do it several times a week since its simply not necessary for that effect.

For the record, I think I now went through 3 or 4 grams myself during few months, so far I dont feel any side effects while not on it, but I no longer think it made my life better, not worse either, pretty neutral.

Its certainly *not* the LSD of our era, since LSD has virtually zero abuse potential, you just cant drop an acid every morning before going to work, whether you use LSD only for fun (who hasnt ever had a trip full of laugh, having literally painful abs from all the laugh) or deep spiritual knowledge, LSD is not going to fuck you. On the other hand, MXE has the potential to help certain people even more than LSD but at the same time it has huge potential to fuck lives the same way as certain long time banned hard drugs. I think I already said this few month ago but I have to repeat it: in the way it makes you think you did get stuff done, mxe dangerously reminds of meth. How worse than that can it get.

Last edited:
Its certainly *not* the LSD of our era, since LSD has virtually zero abuse potential, you just cant drop an acid every morning before going to work, whether you use LSD only for fun (who hasnt ever had a trip full of laugh, having literally painful abs from all the laugh) or deep spiritual knowledge, LSD is not going to fuck you.

I have to disagree with you on this. Though yes, LSD does have a low abuse potential, like anything else it can be overdone. I, along with a few friends of mine, would drop Acid 2 sometimes 3 times a week for a few weeks straight. Needless to say we became very "Out there" in our ways of thinking and how we acted. Took a long time for us to return to baseline.

Though this is obviously nowhere near similar to what MXE can do to one with an addictive personality. It is the most moreish drug I've ever tried in my entire life, while at the same time being very nonchalant in it's own ways, i.e. me having absolutely no problem or symptoms after stopping my usage.

Though this is obviously nowhere near similar to what MXE can do to one with an addictive personality. It is the most moreish drug I've ever tried in my entire life, while at the same time being very nonchalant in it's own ways, i.e. me having absolutely no problem or symptoms after stopping my usage.

I've probably only gone through like 5 grams in a year and a half, but MXE can be a pretty enchanting high. The lack of side effects at first make it appealing, until you dose above and beyond and freak yourself out. And then the next day you want more, its like you're just craving an ass kicking or something.

Back when I was drinking quite a bit, MXE felt very, very toxic. Most of that has to do with the alcohol also, but that is physically and mentally a horrible combination. As it's been said many times, do not drink with MXE!! It potentiates the fuck out of it and you turn yourself into a damn sloppy mess, and eventually I'm sure it will be fatal.

I've probably only gone through like 5 grams in a year and a half, but MXE can be a pretty enchanting high. The lack of side effects at first make it appealing, until you dose above and beyond and freak yourself out. And then the next day you want more, its like you're just craving an ass kicking or something.

Back when I was drinking quite a bit, MXE felt very, very toxic. Most of that has to do with the alcohol also, but that is physically and mentally a horrible combination.

At my peak, I'd dose 200mg+ in a single line. Several times, at least a dozen, I'd find myself in a "Oh fuck...what did I do to myself" type of high. Words to describe it? Overwhelming. Beyond confusing. It felt toxic in my body, like I could feel my blood and body being overwhelmed and filled up with this substance as it flowed through me. A few times I thought I was going to die. Once I even thought my lung collapsed and I couldn't breathe, yet slowly by taking deep slow breathes I was able to reinflat it, though this clearly was in my head because if my lung did actually collapse I'd be in the hospital.

The two times I mixed MXE with alcohol I ended up extremely dysphoric and blacked out in front of all my friends. Literally passed out while standing and fell onto a bunch of them. It was embarrassing. This occasion I mention, when I blacked out in front of my friends, I had dosed 50mg in the morning and drank not even a full beer at around 7pm. Just goes to show you how extremely long the half life of this substance is.

Got 3 grams on the way. Nowadays I stick to small doses. ~50mg at most at a time, maybe a little more if I feel like topping it off, but nowhere near the amounts I was doing previously. I think I am one of the heaviest users to post in these B&D MXE threads yet, topping off near 30 Grams in just under 8 months. I am very very grateful to have suffered no long term side effects from my usage. Taking my health seriously, I may continue to use in the future but I will not allow myself to reach such a peak of addiction again.

Several times, at least a dozen, I'd find myself in a "Oh fuck...what did I do to myself" type of high. Words to describe it? Overwhelming. Beyond confusing. It felt toxic in my body, like I could feel my blood and body being overwhelmed and filled up with this substance as it flowed through me.

Yeah when I got my first half gram of whatever, I over did it like that. My second or third session I just did 20mg bumps until I was crushed. Probably like 100 mg, which at first is a very powerful dose. And another time I was already on a pretty steady dose, and decided to throw some on my cigarette. Watched the towlie episode of south park. Needless to say, I felt very much like towlie. I was horribly stimulated and it really freaked me out at the time.

Last edited:
Got 3 grams on the way. Nowadays I stick to small doses. ~50mg at most at a time, maybe a little more if I feel like topping it off, but nowhere near the amounts I was doing previously. I think I am one of the heaviest users to post in these B&D MXE threads yet, topping off near 30 Grams in just under 8 months. I am very very grateful to have suffered no long term side effects from my usage. Taking my health seriously, I may continue to use in the future but I will not allow myself to reach such a peak of addiction again.

Wait, so you're using again? I was under the impression that you had stopped for good. Can I ask why you want to use MXE again? I'm not trying to judge, it just seems like you had your fun with it and got through without any serious problems so why tempt fate?

Yeah, I had this too. It's weird. Like I'd get fucking messed up and strung out from going too far with it, then find myself doing the exact same thing a few days later.

Is the dopamine the only reason that being in confusion-crazy-land makes not so unbearable, and in some way somewhat masochistically enjoyable?

Wait, so you're using again? I was under the impression that you had stopped for good. Can I ask why you want to use MXE again? I'm not trying to judge, it just seems like you had your fun with it and got through without any serious problems so why tempt fate?

I stopped, but not with the intention of never using again. I simply stopped to return my tolerance to baseline (Or as close as possible) and to give my body a rest from it. I went through 7 grams in September, the 27th being my last day using it. A friend gave me back 200mg he had that I gave him, and I used that 200mg over the course of a weekend at the very end of October, which for me is a huge improvement over what I was doing (200mg lines at once. Certainly not the way to go).

During that weekend, I realized I have a much better mental control over my desire to use this substance. I was able to dose ~40mg without feeling a craving to redose or to M-hole, which in my experience is more disorienting and confusing rather than enjoyable.

As for the 3 grams, two of them are actually for a friend of mine. Really I am only receiving 1 Gram, which I intend on stretching for as long as I can, limiting my use to at most two times a week. Having been able to control my dosing with those 200mg's, I feel confident I won't slip back into my old habits. We'll see.

I recognize I am playing with fire, which is why I intend on treading softly and being extra careful when I receive my 1 gram. I have confidence though, so I'm not worried. :)

I've been through about five grams since I first got hold of this stuff in April. Small bumps in combination with etizolam and a couple of beers in front of the tv get me to I pretty much ideal state of intoxication. I doubt I'll ever find anything that suits my taste as perfectly. I've only once had a serious trip - 65mg got me extremely dissociated in a way that was both very interesting and quite scary.
Small doses+ phenazepam were for me the ideal escapist's drug it was not even funny how I couldnt care less about anything.
I think this combo hits all the buttons in the head.

60mgs had me dissociated but nothing that I couldnt handle, I found this state completely nonsensical.

first, as this is a new thread, i am disappointed my "missimoo's guide to MXE" is not at the front of the thread as it was on the last thread. that was really cool

I'm curious have any negative health consequences (outside of psychiatric) been experienced by long term/heavy users? Aside from the obvious fatalities I'm interested to hear the heavy users idea of the safety profile.. So far from the posts I'm reading I'm pretty glad I decided against trying this.

ive been using this for WAY TOO LONG. i will admit i have a problem with it. so far the long term effects are (been using this almost daily for over a year, with only a few breaks of no more then about a week..)

addiction seems to be psychological. ive not had any physical withdrawals from it. periods without it ie a holiday or some reason where i can take it, i dont miss it. but when i get back i get it as soon as possible. i dont regualarly take any other drugs. i cant get weed (and its illegal)...if i could get and smoke weed (legally) i would like to think i would choose that over MXE. i use out of boredom mostly, i dont drink alcohol except on rare occasions. too much time on my hands makes me use. i quite often find that i need a bump to get up. use little during the day, usually in evening i take approx 80-100mg bumbs every hour or so whilst watching ~TV or whatever.

i typically use 5g a week maybe 1G daily. i no longer get the "trip" or the "hole" that i used to. i also dont have the negative effects i used too. in the past high doses would cause high blood presure and panic/fast heart beat....i have in the past ended up in a&e after being in a state where i cant talk, but have had panic and high blood pressure. taken to a&e but usually have come down by the time i got there, and discharged myself without needing any treatment. just feeling a twat. this with long term use has not happend. i have not had any reaction to taking too much for a long time.

as said i no longer get the trip, i miss this soooo much. if i take a lot, a may hole, i dont know, i dont remember it. it leaves me in more of a "confused" state"...my thing would be (the thing i love this drug for) would be to take a dose enough to hole (but not too much to be on another planet) enough to put headphones on in bed for 1hr and float away to music. it used to feel that i was right in the music. it was amazing. along with the opiate feel and the floating in space. i loved this. but increasingly i dont experience this. recently taking a large dose to listen to music. i never get around to the music. i have no memory for a time, my partner will tell me afterwards i was in a confused state, sometimes i talk without remembering cnversation, stare at my mp3 not knowing how to use it...on other times i have tried to go to the loo and not been able to walk. i have needed to be helped to walk...this lasts maybe 30min and im back to normal, with no memory. i get told off for being a nightmare. so more and more the lack or trip and no hole just leads instead to a confused state and loss of memory.

i find following film or tv plots hard to understand on high doses. i have to watch things again sober.

on binges there is always the need to redose. i always weigh out a certain amount from my stash and have that with me in a vile ...if you have the whole stash its too easy to forget you have already taken it...get stuck in a loop and keep redosing..this is a danger. i have done this in the past. hence why i ALWAYS measure about 1g out and the rest away. i can see what i have taken and cant risk taking silly amounts. .....i can eyeball a 50-100mg dosesober accurately. but once ive had a few bunmps no matter how i think i can eyeball it. i cant. i have many time thougt i have poured out a small bump and later found i took a stupid dose. ...100mg doesnt look like much, and its easy to double that or more without it looking like a much bigger pile of powder.

long term use as said has led to a loss of the trip. but it still has a nice rush.

i would like to give it a big rest. but as said, i admit to being a addict. i have to book a trip away for a week or so and leave it behind to force myself to have a break.

having had a break even just a few days, tolerance drops. a dose that would hardly effect me can knock me out (and in the past put me in a&e..but not for a long time..this has happend maybe 2 or 3 times when MXE first came out and not since..maybe regualar use makes adverse reactions less likely?)...so yes...tolerance drops fast....BUT the ability to hole still does not come back. i would love to know HOW LONG someone HAS TO NOT TAKE THIS to lose all tolerance and gain the ability to hole. a month? or more? any idea?

i have not had any other health problems from long term heavy use. i have had a couple of UTI's (urine tract infections) that have lead me to panic "oh my god ketamine bladder death!! oh shit" but its not more then a pee infection and has actually been caused by a cold or bug not MXE. ....so no physical problems that i know off. i worry about brain damage or mental health issues, but have no symptoms of them.

i have suffered no pain to kidneys or liver. unrelated blood tests and liver function tests showed i am ok. i have had a MRI unrelated about a year ago, maybe after a years use (building up to regular/addiction) for something else, but it did not show up any thing unusual.

i read somewhere that taking a benzo with a dissasociative reduces the risk of damage to the brain, i always do this as i have Valium on PX. i also have quitiapine 100mg on PX for sleep problems that might have helped me avoid psychological problems...being a antipsychotic...maybe that has helped me not go crazy. ...who knows.

i do feel i am completely addicted to this now, i cant wait for xmas when i have 2 weeks out of the country and wont be able to take it. i want to have a long break but dont have the self control. i hope xmas break will be enough for me to carry on having a long long break....part of the trouble is that it is such a nice drug, not taking it is boring. i use it like i used to use weed. only common sense says this is much more dangerous to take like that. who knows for sure. i dont IV doses, i always snort it. sublingual doesnt seem to do anything for me, i cant hold it there, in 2min its been washed around my mouth and swollowed. i cant help it. just cant take it that way. oral has no effect. plugging i cant comment on, other then it being a non social way to take a drug, i have not tried it enough to know the effect. i think it has lead to a hole that i have not remembered.

memory loss is one big side effect. under the influence. i find i cant remember things said to me, or things i have watched whilst on MXE..its like i cant move memory from working/short term memory into long term memory. i nearly always have to re watch anything watched on mxe.

someone on the end of the last thread said they do 750mg lines. this i find shocking even with my use. i might be able to take that during a session, but not all at once. i would expect to OD on a dose like that. even though i might be able to take that over a evening/night.

the supply i have i belive to be of decent quality. after the uk ban there were several batches going around, some where bunk. the stuff i get i am sure is of decent quality. but long term use has lost most of the effects from it.

i admit i am an addict at this stage. however, having had a major drug problem many years ago it is not to the stage that i would go without food, not pay bills etc to pay for MXE. i take mxe regularly but it has not like my past cocaine addiction become a problem in that i would choose it over paying bills etc. i dont find i use it in inappropriate places/times, like i can not use it if i have a social commitment, it doesnt get in the way of my relationships. but it does lower my motivation to do things. i know if i only had X amount of money and had to choose between my rent or MXE i would pay my rent and not take MXE. where as when i was a coke addict i would get in debt to use the drug. so make your own conclusions to whether this counts as an addiction. i like tea, i drink it all day every day, am i a tea addict? i know people who drink wine every night, but they are not an alcoholic....its a fine line.

still get a stong anti depressant effect.

effects are still unpredictable...this is one of the most unpredictable drugs i have ever taken ....one day a dose will do nothing, then some random time, a lesser dose of the same batch will produce a hole/ messy state. ....i got caught out after taking a low (for me) dose at a spa. i suddenly was completely wasted on a dose that usually has no effect. i have a bit of a blank but remember i had to sit in a changing room for 30min to come down ..i was to wasted to dress myself. this could have been dangerous. if i were in a pool or something. i NEVER drive after taking this (obviously) ....NEVER do that. you dont know your judgement is impared. it would be a stupid thing to do.

someone posted a story where after a several month gap, they suddenly had a "flash back" type experience whilst out and about..i think they ended up being arrressted in a psychotic state that they said was caused by MXE months after their last use. i am pretty sure that this person actually had a psychotic episode and it was not related to MXE...several mothes after last dose? maybe MXE triggered a mental health issue...but i have never had a "flash back" after not using it for a period of time.

like any drug MXE will more then likely be a risk for triggering mental health issues in those suceptable to them. much as people say cannabis can trigger schizophrenia, some people miss interpret this as CAUSING...but what it means is that THOSE THAT **MIGHT** be susceptable to developing a mental health issue, drug use CAN trigger it. much as stress may trigger it. lots schizophrenics develop their condition at a certain age, usually early adulthood when stressers trigger it. it does not mean they caused it. just brought it out.

I stopped, but not with the intention of never using again. I simply stopped to return my tolerance to baseline (Or as close as possible) and to give my body a rest from it. I went through 7 grams in September, the 27th being my last day using it. A friend gave me back 200mg he had that I gave him, and I used that 200mg over the course of a weekend at the very end of October, which for me is a huge improvement over what I was doing (200mg lines at once. Certainly not the way to go).

During that weekend, I realized I have a much better mental control over my desire to use this substance. I was able to dose ~40mg without feeling a craving to redose or to M-hole, which in my experience is more disorienting and confusing rather than enjoyable.

As for the 3 grams, two of them are actually for a friend of mine. Really I am only receiving 1 Gram, which I intend on stretching for as long as I can, limiting my use to at most two times a week. Having been able to control my dosing with those 200mg's, I feel confident I won't slip back into my old habits. We'll see.

I recognize I am playing with fire, which is why I intend on treading softly and being extra careful when I receive my 1 gram. I have confidence though, so I'm not worried. :)

Word. I trust your judgement - you seem like an intelligent individual. Best of luck :)

Do you notice any ego-enhancing effects with this drug?

I know you didn't ask me directly but I feel I can answer this perhaps.

For me personally, I found this drug to enhance my confidence, but that's not the same as ego. It allowed me to be more open and comfortable with being myself. Not in a "Fuck it" kind of attitude, but more of a "I feel good, why not be open?" and it felt good being honest and open minded to all those, perhaps an effect of the dopamine high it produces.

As for ego itself, it didn't enhance any forms of ego. In fact, I find it personally made me more humble. My selfish desires (ego) were never enhanced to a point where I felt uncomfortable or disappointment, but were actually lowered to where I felt more accepting and comfortable with my own life. This is clearly part of it's dissociative anti-depressant effects which are often reported in users with anxiety and/or shifting moods and emotions, such as myself.

missimoo
Thanks for the post, this actually calms me and makes MXE look less dangerous again.. at the same time I realize its not ideal to be overly happy, I'm not going to increase my usage much just because of your post, but well threads like these are the only sources of info we have.. it doesnt look bad for most people :)

Okay, question: I just got a little gemini 20 scale and I want to use it to weigh out MXE dosages. problem is, the shit sticks to the metal dish it comes with to weigh it out on. is there something I could put on the dish, or apply to it, so that the mxe powder doesn't stick to it? because i don't like wasting this precious stuff. thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.