• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Heroin: Shooting vs Snorting

The only time I ever snorted heroin was when I was so frustrated with not being able to find a vein I had to to stop the wd. I injected for the first time, believe it or not and didn't become addicted until maybe a year or two later.

I don't find the IV high to be better, and I actually prefer the high from snorting it. I found the high from IV heroin to be more comparable to morphine, and seeing as I don't really like the morphine high when compared to the other opiates/opioids, well that's why I don't like IV heroin as much as sniffing it.

I love the come-up from sniffing heroin. I get this warmth in my stomach that radiates through the rest of my body. I get that nervous energy that I love so much, which then turns into a nice calm, euphoric sensation.

With IV heroin I get a rush that's like whatever, and then a high that seems to lack in euphoria compared to sniffing it. Hands down the worst part of shooting heroin is how fast your tolerance goes up. A few months ago I went on a 2 week binge of IVing heroin, and I went from being able to get as high as I wanted from sniffing 4-5 bags, to being able to shoot 6 bags and not feel as high as I wanted, and that was only 1 week into the binge.

I still IV sometimes, but it's basically depending on my cash flow at the time. The high from sniffing it just lasts so much longer, and the whole experience from come-up, to leveled off euphoria, to nodding out, to slowly coming down is a lot more enjoyable to me when compared to IVing, getting a rush, then getting a nod that isn't all that euphoric.

To the OP....be careful when IVing. If you're snorting four bags normally, then shooting three sounds like it could have been too much. It's definitely better to start out with a smaller dose. It becomes all too real too quick when you do too much.

ODing or coming close to ODing is scary as fuck and obviously not something you want to do. Risk of ODing definitely goes up when you start shooting it. I feel like you have to be a lot more cautious when you're shooting dope as opposed to sniffing. Either way heroin is incredibly addicting and prolonged use is going to lead to some difficulties. For some people it might just be a constantly stuffy nose or worrying about track marks. For others it might be losing all their money to the drug or something even worse.

It took me about a full year from the first time someone shot me up to the point where I was solely shooting up. I didn't want it to be my only ROA for a while, so I would only IV occasionally. As time went on and I got more comfortable with needles and knew how to prep and register myself, so I just started shooting more often. Now I only shoot up. If I couldn't get a needle and was sick, then yes I would snort dope, but other than that it's solely shooting up. With tht exception of a few days I've spent the last several months shooting between 4-7 bags a day. It's taken a huge toll on me financially and am probably more addicted than I ever have been before. I had fairly decent control of my use when IVing in the past, but the last few months I've lost that control and I shoot dope all the time now. It's taken a toll on my mental and physical health. I'm often depressed and anxious, as well as frustrated and disappointed with myself. My veins all have marks and bruises around them. I rotate my injection sites, but when you're doing around 4 shots a day, everyday, for weeks and weeks, they eventually get marked up pretty good. I put makeup/cover-up on them before I go to work or somewhere I'm wearing short sleeves.

This is certainly not a life I'd recommend to anyone. It's not even a life I'd bestow on someone as punishment. For all life has to offer this is a very limited scope of what's out there. I'm just limited because I can't get away and don't have the finances to get away. Stick to snorting if you can. Try to stay away from heroin if you haven't started.

I was under the impression that snorting it had little effect and it was only people with a lot of money to spend who could afford to maintain an addiction through snorting. Personally, on the very rare occasion I do it I prefer to smoke it as I am scared of needles.

So what now for you? Are you going to continue injecting despite knowing how much more dangerous it is or are you going to go back to snorting? Maybe try smoking as a compromise?

^
Where are you from? Some areas of the world heroin is made more for smoking.

If you're in the northeastern US then snorting works really well with the powdered dope we get. You can get quite high that way, you can OD that way; definitely has more than a "little effect".

It took me a long time of IV'ing other opiates before heroin. The first time I did IV heroin i was a little disappointed because it was nowhere near as strong a rush as IV hydro or hone, IMO. I did end up switch from oxy/dilaudid to heroin tho for economic reasons. And after close to six months of sobriety I insulated two bags of heroin and man the high was great but so short lived. Overall I think opiates are horrific, but I would gladly say that IV is the only way to go for opiates. The opiates that can be IVd and properly filtered that is. Insufflating heroin just left an odd scent in my nose. I don't think I would use heroin again because I'm tired of living In NA and AA after binges. But if I ever got the option to smoke heroin freebase, I would totally try it.

snorting it is so much less of a hassle, in the short and long run.

pick your poison really though

Last edited:
I've been using opiates for the last 3-4 years quite regularly. i started out snorting roxies and then got into opana. for about 2 years it was either oxy or opana at least every other day, usually every day. this year I found a heroin connect with good stuff, but I still prefer oxymorphone because this isn't the NJ/NYC dope. however, since I've always used pills, I always snort my dope because as addicted as I already am to opiates, I know the needle would screw up my life beyond repair.

For trying heroin for your first and last time, which ROA would someone suggest to get the best of both highs H has to offer..? Light brown powder, fine and clumpy. I've never been one to want to toy with meth or crack, or any other seriously dangerous, toxic, or possibly life changing drug, except H. I've never even liked opiates. Will power, right?

that sounds pretty foreboding man, first AND LAST time in one. I know what youre trying to say and hopefully that works out for you but the bottom line is you will probably use it again. Maybe not a day from now, or even a week, but youll find it again.

If I could go back. I would try for #4 heroin and snort itm, I like snorting drugs - it's rare in the uk but I got #4 from EU. And/or and vap #3 ontop. With a low tolerence smoking heroin should as good, so the idea is snort xx amount of #4 to bring you up quick then #3 to peak up more when you need. However I used the needle. I spend mroe times finding veins and crap than I do high!

Ideally I like to just spend 2 seconds taking it. so eg, (THIS MG DOSE IS JUST THERE AS AN EXAMPLE)

200mg snorting 100mg + 100mg per side of nose. - takes 5-15 seconds to do and 5-15min to hit. So it's BANG big dose and let it hit!
200mg smoked off foil can 5min-15min depending on your skill. ONSET 5-40 seconds. So this is more about little hits building up,
200mg IV can take 2-5mins to prepare, the locating vein can be 1-5min on somenoe clean however issue is people with collapsed veins can take 30-90mins. onset 10-30seonds. This is more like best of both.

Now one thing I wanna point out snorting Heroin is similer to morphine in effect it's very body, smoke/iv has that blast off stimulation feel! My advice if you are gunna do it snort it a few times maybe but try and smoke it summit I've never got the hang of.

I don't want you here in 5 years making threads about abcesses and missed shots ....... smokin/snorting is alot safer.

IF I was going to try heroin (which I'm not) I'd definitely want to smoke it, snort it and IV it. Otherwise I'd probably try it again and use another roa as an excuse for doing so. I mean if it's only one time I'd want to get the most out of it and see what heroin's all about.

But, I wouldn't trust myself with heroin so I'd rather not try it at all.

Shimzu, yea I haven't even convinced myself yet to try it. I've done many drugs, like a lot of you, and have come to a place where I'm content with my experiences and frankly lack interest in creating more. H would be the last one, (besides weed, w.e), but just the stigma behind it, knowing it's energy, has been enough to not touch it yet. I came up on what I have for free, but I haven't brought myself to flush it.
Tony W. You said you can vape it?...Did I read that right? I had wanted to do it this way, but wasn't sure. I have a pizzo for DMT (using that for the 1st time was a little nerve racking because of it's stigma too, even though it was just DMT my hands were shaking ahaha, younger days) and a bag vape with a max temp at 500F, either of these work? I've heard mixed stories...

Tony W. You said you can vape it?...Did I read that right? I had wanted to do it this way, but wasn't sure. I have a pizzo for DMT (using that for the 1st time was a little nerve racking because of it's stigma too, even though it was just DMT my hands were shaking ahaha, younger days) and a bag vape with a max temp at 500F, either of these work? I've heard mixed stories...

Base heroin, Afghani brown, No. 3, whatever you wanna call it, the stuff we mostly get UK / Europe yes, vape it off foil. Chasing the dragon, right. You're a fucking scouser that right la? Should be no shortage of people can show you how to toot in scouseland mate. ;) Pizzo, that like a lightbulb vape? Never used one but if so it will work in that too, or the kinda big-bowled glass pipe commonly called a meth pipe. Need to turn it as you heat it so the gear can run away from the flame, you don't wanna heat it on the spot cos it will likely burn, you don't want that.

Smoking off foil is by far your safest option with base H. You'll get a nice fast hit with every line which makes it much easier to titrate dose. Difficult ( though not impossible by any stretch! ) to OD chasing. Difficult to smoke enough fast enough so you'd tend to nod out long before you get near OD territory unless you have other CNS depressants in your system like alcohol or benzos. Base can be snorted but IME it's much less effective that way. Other option is IV, but noone new to H should be considering that. Too fucking dangerous even for experienced users. Deadly for the opiate naive.

Ideally I like to just spend 2 seconds taking it. so eg, (THIS MG DOSE IS JUST THERE AS AN EXAMPLE)

200mg snorting 100mg + 100mg per side of nose. - takes 5-15 seconds to do and 5-15min to hit. So it's BANG big dose and let it hit!
200mg smoked off foil can 5min-15min depending on your skill. ONSET 5-40 seconds. So this is more about little hits building up,
200mg IV can take 2-5mins to prepare, the locating vein can be 1-5min on somenoe clean however issue is people with collapsed veins can take 30-90mins. onset 10-30seonds. This is more like best of both.

I know you were at pains to say the mgs there were just examples but still, I wish you'd not posted them. Hopefully noone would ever be stupid enough to take those as some kinda guide cos 200mg would be pretty fucking deadly for a Heroin n00b with no tolerance, especially IV even if the gear's cut to fuck and back.

Just sayin'.

Before I reply, just an apology in advance: I have NOT read anything in this thread other than OP, so sorry if my post derails or anything.

Anyway, I find this with most drugs and IV: It's not even the same experience a lot of the time, that's what a lot of non-IV users just don't understand. If I have drugs, I will hold on to them indefinitely to wait to get a syringe before I take them. It's simply not comparable, with most drugs.. Like (meth) amphetamines and opiates in particular.

I really don't know how to say it in such a way that it properly makes sense.. But when you IV a drug, it is so utterly different than snorting, smoking, etc. I think particularly with heroin, I think the bio availability of heroin when you smoke or snort it is just really poor.

Interestingly - I with MDMA he best ROA is actually either eating it or plugging it.. It's not that it's not more 'effective' if you IV, obviously it is. But personally I just enjoy the sensation as much and plus it doesn't last as long. Likewise I'm not a big fan of the high I get from snorting MDMA.. It's a funny think, but it's about the only drug where I prefer to eat it.

As long as my experimentation with IV heroin is done and I never go back to that shit again, I don't regret going from smoking (how I started out, had heroin freebase) to injecting.

Smoking it yielded the most disappointing high despite what I was told by observing experienced users was correct technique with a reasonable dose of what they said was decent quality. Watching my friends get completely fucked up, I finally told them to fix me up a shot as well. The first three I had (not all in quick succession but a few days) were all much more impressive than the smoking, but still I felt as though I hadn't really "got it" - I had tried IV morphine (40mg, with just about no tolerance as well), and since heroin was supposed to be more euphoric, I wasn't satisfied with the very mild rush compared to the reasonably powerful one I got from morphine.
The fourth time they finally put quite a bit in the rig, as they were convinced by the previous attempts I would be able to handle it (and, being responsible junkies, they had naloxone on hand), and I finally felt the blissful rush I'd heard of.

That, seeing a few friends completely waste days of their life and quite a bit of money being as fucked up as I'd ever seen them made me decide to stay away from that shit. Also, I noticed by the end the doses weren't weighed out all that conservatively, so accidental overdose seemed like a matter of time if one continued using this way. Also, I got a pretty benign-looking and mild but still alarming abscess near the injection site from one of the 4 times I shot it, so I figured I'd best leave that at that.

The only times I've used H since then, I've plugged it, which was plenty powerful.

... but the last time it felt pretty weak, so last night I shot up twice again. I still don't know about snorting but even with proper technique, smoking doesn't really get me. Banging it is just too good. But accidental overdose is indeed something that can easily happen; I had to resuscitate a guy yesterday when he shot what he thought was a reasonable amount of something he'd just tested earlier with a low dose.:(