• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Heroin: Shooting vs Snorting

This thread is ridiculous. Shooting isn't safe but if you snort too much, smoke too much, or shoot too much, you're dead. If you shoot properly, you won't hit an artery, get an abscess, or collapse a vein. Snorting and smoking get tons of shit in your lungs, fuck up nose/throat etc. it is more addictive yes but you're using heroin, it's addicting

I've never gotten this, either. The whole, "I smoke/snort it but I'd NEVER shoot it!" It's still fuckin heroin.
I occasionally(when everyone else is out) get from a kid that uses as well as sells. Him and his girl smoke powder like there's no end. They're disasters. Awful coughs, lung infections, stomach issues. The guy came running into their apartment today looking like he'd seen a ghost. I asked him what was up and he said he'd just shit a bunch of blood.

I've shot dope off and on, heavy and then quit, heavy and then quit for the past 6-7 years. I've got some collapsed veins, yeah. But I have never hit a artery, I've never gotten an abscess. It's generally pretty mess free cause I'm careful.

I'm not advocating it. For sure you develop a needle fixation and it's very easy to go from just right to too much as far as your shot goes. It's just odd to me to read through this thread and see that people think they're possibly above it all by not grabbing a rig. If you want it to dope will drag you down no matter how you do it.

That's it the needle fixation. Its the same drug for sure, but shooting will make a powerful drug all the more powerful, because your adding instant gratification to the mix, compounding the addiction. The only rush I spent years trying to recreate was the intense rush I got from injecting heroin the very first time. Personaly If I could turn back time I wouldn't have shot, I regret it, because it consumed me: I could never go back to other ROA by choice. Others had more self control, but I went untill all my veins had gone.

What I'm saying is needle v shooting is no contest in terms of superiority of effect, you have to think of other factors, and bear in mind that shooting could make your use feel like even less of a choice.

Last edited:
IVing in general changed the whole ball game with me. Can't snort or smoke meth, can't snort cocaine and can't smoke crack, and definitely can't snort heroin. Hell, I feel that even MDMA should be IVed. It's a dangerous game once you get started. I was afraid of the needle once, but now I favor it(as long as I administer it myself)

I've never gotten this, either. The whole, "I smoke/snort it but I'd NEVER shoot it!" It's still fuckin heroin.
I occasionally(when everyone else is out) get from a kid that uses as well as sells. Him and his girl smoke powder like there's no end. They're disasters. Awful coughs, lung infections, stomach issues. The guy came running into their apartment today looking like he'd seen a ghost. I asked him what was up and he said he'd just shit a bunch of blood.

I've shot dope off and on, heavy and then quit, heavy and then quit for the past 6-7 years. I've got some collapsed veins, yeah. But I have never hit a artery, I've never gotten an abscess. It's generally pretty mess free cause I'm careful.

I'm not advocating it. For sure you develop a needle fixation and it's very easy to go from just right to too much as far as your shot goes. It's just odd to me to read through this thread and see that people think they're possibly above it all by not grabbing a rig. If you want it to dope will drag you down no matter how you do it.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Putting yourself on a high horse just because your ROA is different.. that's absolutely absurd. You're still doing dope, and you're not any better than the rest of us.
Snort it, smoke it, shoot it, shove it up your ass. It doesn't matter, cause we're all doing the same thing, just in different ways.

I javen't read anything but the title of this thread, but IV heroin is the only truly satisfying ROA IMO. Snorting or smoking it is even less satisfying than eating some hydrocodone.

Wow I am surprised at the amount of people who snort.. In my junkie days I've never met anyone who snorted. I began snorting but after using it IV for the past two years I just think its a waste, I don't care how shitty I'm gonna feel tomorrow morning cuz I'm going to get more anyways:!

we live in the age of convienence

IVing and all the shit that goes with it is the opposite of convienent

whenever I hit the point where it takes snorting more bags than I can feasibly acquire on a regular basis to get high, I just stop doing heroin for a while. Where I fuck up is signing back up again like 2-3 months later when it will only take 1-2 bags just to get me high as fuck. And the cycle goes on...

needles will just make all of that happen harder, faster, and in turn, more difficult to function without it

plus, the rush is kind of overrated imo, idk if it was just not enough or shittier dope but the few times I have used a needle it wasnt the uiltimate high junkies make it out to be. you get numb as shit all over for a short period of time then the effects wear off way faster than from snorting and you feel like total shit, compared to just a mild shitty feeling from other ROAs

I dont like losing full control of my motor skills, just like 3/4th control lol, and if you live in an area where powder dope is the norm, why add more steps to an already annoying ass process?

Spot on. And there are potential complications as well if your not careful ( not everyone is...) veins collapsing, abcesses, blood-borne disease, you could hit an artery, a nerve. I knew somebody who lost a leg.

whenever I hit the point where it takes snorting more bags than I can feasibly acquire on a regular basis to get high, I just stop doing heroin for a while. Where I fuck up is signing back up again like 2-3 months later when it will only take 1-2 bags just to get me high as fuck. And the cycle goes on...

i'm basically on the same cycle, except i don't call it "fucking up". I call it fuckin cool and so far.. sustainable financially and functionally. u might use more or less than me tho idk..

there's just a lot of other things I should have put that money towards. I dont know, it's all just an escape really, and I deal with people who need a far more wide-reaching problem yet it is legal to consume, so I never felt like I was really doing some horrible deed. But it is a big waste of time at the end of the day

I hear snorting lasts longer and long term your tolerance will increase way faster with shooting. More risks involved, I'm stickin' with sniffin' it up my nose.

we live in the age of convienence

IVing and all the shit that goes with it is the opposite of convienent

needles will just make all of that happen harder, faster, and in turn, more difficult to function without it

plus, the rush is kind of overrated imo, idk if it was just not enough or shittier dope but the few times I have used a needle it wasnt the uiltimate high junkies make it out to be. you get numb as shit all over for a short period of time then the effects wear off way faster than from snorting and you feel like total shit, compared to just a mild shitty feeling from other ROAs

I dont like losing full control of my motor skills, just like 3/4th control lol, and if you live in an area where powder dope is the norm, why add more steps to an already annoying ass process?

Idk, buddy, but it sounds like you had some shitty dope. The rush should be euphoric. It's a very satisfying feeling. & I'm not talking about the pins & needles feeling.

How different is shooting H compared to plugging it? Is it really that much different, in terms of euphoria etc.?

How different is shooting H compared to plugging it? Is it really that much different, in terms of euphoria etc.?

Unless a massive dick is plugging it for you, I'd say there's still no comparison to IV, but i'll let an IV user answer, i just wanted to make that joke at the beginning of this sentence.

I'm sure that we have threads like this one floating around DC somewhere, but I'll check later. I've never shot heroin before, but I'm sure that it's got to be an entirely differemt experience.

I'm satisfied with sniffing my dope; it's that powdered east coast dope, babe... high-purity, nice and fluffy white dope. And, considering that pharmaceutical pain killers ie where I got my start, well, sniffing dope seems to mimic that slow sort of come-up that I liked so much with snorting oxy. I'm not looking for that "rush" ...

I wrote this post, what, a year and a half ago? I've since shot dope, and I can now compare the two...

Honestly? The "high" is not too much different, which is what I sort of expected, but the "rush" that comes with IV is an entirely different animal. It's not bad, definitely a good feeling, but I could do without it and I still sniff my bags from time to time. It sort of depends upon my mood and how much dope we have...

I wrote this post, what, a year and a half ago? I've since shot dope, and I can now compare the two...

Honestly? The "high" is not too much different, which is what I sort of expected, but the "rush" that comes with IV is an entirely different animal. It's not bad, definitely a good feeling, but I could do without it and I still sniff my bags from time to time. It sort of depends upon my mood and how much dope we have...

I can't go back to snorting. Snorting dope makes me sneeze about 3-4 times in a row. & + I never really nodded off when I snorted. I mean, the first few times, yeah.. but after that, I'd never nod off.
Idk, I think IV gives a better high all around. & Certain dope around here is better IV'd than snorted. My boy said the dope I was coppin was dogshit, and just yesterday he mainlined it and got a nice rush, took every word back.

I smoked heroin for years before first I slammed. Only snorted once in jail cuz no foil and didn`t want to share needles. But I first shot over a year and a half ago and since then have shot maybe around 30 times? and never over .1. I just didn`t want to make that my main ROA because of all of the added problems it brings like STDs, missed shots, dirty cotton shots, cotton fever (this one blows), veins collapsing, harsher WDs, track marks, tons of shit. I have been opiate clean for a couple of months now but even at my worst I never considered myself a "needle user" though I used it when necessary or for a little treat. I`ve seen people lose limbs, O.D. and all that shit, and just like anything else, after the magic of shooting is gone, you`ll be getting just as high as you were snorting (with faster onset of course) but with all the new added stresses. IMO it`s not worth it but heroin really isn`t worth it to begin with.