• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Heroin: Shooting vs Snorting

I started snorting it when I was using it to come down from a long crack binge or I would smoke some crack, enjoy the high and then when I started to come down I would snort some heroin so I could not feel like shit while waiting in between hits so that I could wait longer and then get a better high from the next hit that I took (how I smoked my crack I would do 3 hits in a row; one huge hit hold it as long as possible, then right away take another hit and hold it as long as possible, and then add some more crack in the pipe and take one last hit. Also I would blow my hits into a balloon and take them back in kind of like a self shot-gun. This was all within about a minute). After that I decided to try heroin alone because with the crack I never really felt its effects it was just used as a buffer for the horrid crack comedown. The first time I tried it I shot it and I never went back to snorting it even when I was using it like I described above...thank god I am now on a methadone clinic, not smoking crack any more. I really only use psychedelics anymore and that's just from time to time because I am trying to get my take-homes from the clinic again after having moved and having them all taken away (they treated me like I had never been on a clinic before even though I had a year and a half clean). Hopefully one day I can get on a pain clinic and get my methadone prescribed to me because I broke my back twice already and I'm only 21...Sorry for rambling on but since there really wasn't a question asked in the thread I just figured I would post up my experience with when I first started using dope (and crack).

-PJ

I remember this one time when I started fuckin with h. Snorting it got me high but not now its like lighting money up on fire fuck that need like half a bundle to get high. I prefer shooting but don't bcuz I've got some self control and don't like thee idea of bein that person. Pills where its at for me now pop a couple n chill

I have been using heroin for a little over a year snorting it exclusively. Never used a needle until a few days ago. But holy shit, caught in the middle of Hurricane Sandy with a few friends with a brick of heroin, I said, fuck it. It was taking me four bags to even experience a decent nod anymore. So I put three bags in a cooker, took out a new needle, got everything ready, and told my drug friend to hit me. He did and oh my fucking god. I have never experienced something like that in my life. It is like a different drug altogether. It doesn't even produce the same effects! I guess there isn't really a question to be answered here, just snorting users and needle users comparing effects. I'm telling you, the difference is 100% different. With that being said, let's welcome me to a lifelong experience of when being sick, puking my brains out and shitting my pants. Before, it was only the RLS I had to worry about...Would you rather, after knowing all the negative effects of IV heroin, had ever started shooting to feel this very enchanced high? Or if you knew the effects would you have stayed snorting it? (I assume most of you started out snorting it)

I think the fact that you are rationalising at enough to ask this question is proof enough that you shouldnt start shooting. You love the high now, but you will forever be chasing that first time you shot...and the high will never be the same as that first IV. Don't do it.

I remember reading this thread a few months back. I'm curious to see how OP is doing as far as if he's still snorting, exclusively IVing or hopefully got the monkey off his back.

It seems a lot of people switch to injecting from vaporizing or snorting. Heroin wasn't my first strong opioid, it was morphine. It was clear for me I was supposed to inject it to feel desired effects. And actually at that point I was already addicted to codeine and it was giving me nothing. I just wanted to go deeper and I didn't have a problem with using a needle. I can answer the question differently.

I would never have started using opioids in doses producing the high if I had known it would produce such a strong addiction both physically and psychologically it's very strong to stop when you're in it.

op im sorry to hear u started shooting dope. i was stuck in hurricane sandy also! lol

but srsly tho that sucks. ive done ALOT of shit which ive said i would never do, heroin being the big one. and im proud to say ive still never stuck a needle in my arm

ive been so sick and times where i can only afford one measley stamp, everyone around me is shooting it, i know ill get barely anything if i snort this one bag, but i still always refused to slam it. i know many people who have gone from railing to banging and ive seen their lives deteriorate fast. a few friends of mine have even said no matter how much i beg them theyd never give me one of their sets to IV. not bc theyre worried about diseases bc most of them cudnt live with being the cause of that in someones life.

from what i understand once youve slammed it you wont want it any other way. and that scares me

also once you iv one drug, any other drug you do that can be iv'd will be ran through your arm.

also once you iv one drug, any other drug you do that can be iv'd will be ran through your arm.

Eh I shot morphine and hydro/oxymorphone a few times.... been using heroin for over a year and haven't iv'd yet. I don't plan on it and I use with people who shoot.... been offered shots but said no. I really have a strong will power or maybe its the hypoglycemia (spelling)... I shake from low blood sugar so me using needles is too scary for me. Friends (lol) shot me up every time I did.

But yeah most people have good veins and dont naturally shake.... so once you get a taste of the IV life then most tend to continue with it.

Back when I used to do heroin, shooting it was honestly the only way to go. I started off snorting it and my tolerance built up quick and I knew slamming it was probably the best bang for my buck. No pun intended ;)

I don't do heroin anymore but I do Roxicodone on a daily basis and I snort and take them orally. It really depends on the situation. I like to take them orally when I'm just chillin, working on music, etc... but I like to snort them when I'm with friends gettin' fucked up. This is a bit off topic but still, just my 2c.

I actually don't think the difference is that significant. Basically just the rush (and higher potency).

I have been using heroin for a little over a year snorting it exclusively. Never used a needle until a few days ago. But holy shit, caught in the middle of Hurricane Sandy with a few friends with a brick of heroin, I said, fuck it. It was taking me four bags to even experience a decent nod anymore. So I put three bags in a cooker, took out a new needle, got everything ready, and told my drug friend to hit me. He did and oh my fucking god. I have never experienced something like that in my life. It is like a different drug altogether. It doesn't even produce the same effects! I guess there isn't really a question to be answered here, just snorting users and needle users comparing effects. I'm telling you, the difference is 100% different. With that being said, let's welcome me to a lifelong experience of when being sick, puking my brains out and shitting my pants. Before, it was only the RLS I had to worry about...Would you rather, after knowing all the negative effects of IV heroin, had ever started shooting to feel this very enchanced high? Or if you knew the effects would you have stayed snorting it? (I assume most of you started out snorting it)

Rules I read your post this morning and have been thinking of it a lot today. This whole thing about the choice we make and the path we take when we do dope for me almost seems like destiny. We all know there is really no such thing as perfectly maintaining an opiate habit, even with plenty of cash the tolerance gets so high you can die. I had first hand experience seeing my older cousin struggle with it and yet I ALWAYS knew it was what I wanted. He was a teenager and used to babysit me and a few times I walked in on him shooting up. Most kids would be scared or repulsed I was incredibly intrigued and later turned on. After awhile when he knew I was cool and would not rat him out he stopped hiding it. I was like 11 and once begged him to let me try it but he refused. A few years later he died I was already into coke but always knew I wanted to try dope. When I finally snorted it I knew this was the feeling I always wanted. I've been shooting now about 2 years but every so often go on Suboxine to keep my habit down. Ive been finding lately when I start using again the monkeys back quicker and quicker but I guess thats normal.

I might be one of the few users who prefers snorting to shooting overall...

I think smoking is actually the best ROA when the dope is pure enough, but I generally find the rush from IV use TOO MUCH. I love the instant calmness of snorted H and I generally don't have to worry (as much) about ODing or anything like that. I love the process of snorting the line, whereas the needle made me feel bad about myself. It was just "too much" in general, and I say this knowing that I had a few times where I literally felt like GOD from a shot of pure H. I also had a few times where I almost overdosed and spent the night vomiting up dry heaves, unable to move thanks to a shot of pure H. So give me the snorted H and let me chill in peace.

This thread is ridiculous. Shooting isn't safe but if you snort too much, smoke too much, or shoot too much, you're dead. If you shoot properly, you won't hit an artery, get an abscess, or collapse a vein. Snorting and smoking get tons of shit in your lungs, fuck up nose/throat etc. it is more addictive yes but you're using heroin, it's addicting

IV is more dangerous because it is much more complicated (more things to potentially fuck up), and bypasses the skin increasing your risk of infections by a lot. But I think it is glorified a lot, in the same way heroin is glorified. Yes it's euphoric and powerful and has bad kicks, but there are tons of opioids that either have worse kicks, more euphoria, more powerful or all 3. But for some reason it's always built up to be this god opiate that is the epitome of addiction....

IMHO snorting meth is more addicting than shooting heroin, and overall more dangerous. There's just the infamous/romanticized picture of a hopeless junkie nodding with a needle in his arm that distorts views

Be safe, snorting, shooting, whatever. You can die real easy either way if you're inexperienced with dope/ don't know to test dose

Never switch to injecting, it does feel like a different drug,and opan's yet will actually even give you a better rush, it skips a step in your brain/body and gets to the brain faster. Shooting is nasty, blowing out veins, covered in bruises, high risk of infection no matter how " safe" you are. I was just snorting my OxyContin and heroin for years, quit in 2007, i had a period when I was injecting opana and heroin , but really only doing if once a month or so, I couldn't afford a habit. I'm on suboxone now and I hate being a slave to drug dealers and drugs. Even suboxone, but it keeps me clean. I have some mental issues and been being treated for 13 years with no end in sight of suffering, so it's hard nifty use things you know you can give relief.

Well, started early with IV'ing, maybe because I grew-up (was a teenager into an adult) in the 90's I don't know, but yeah, started with the needle early on, it was just there always and I myself just was one who wanted the 'hit' started out with oc's dilaudid etc. at first back in the 90's/ early millennium, which I still love to this day IV'ing dilaudid, around 2003ish started with the heroin but always used a needle. it's been and on & off romance with me since the 90's. I've went years without doing anything, but come back to it, this time, I haven't so much used a needle, but prefer to snort a 'dumb line' then just do littler ones
so I've went backwards in a way. I know soon I will stop doing anything again, I have too.

Just representing for the snorters out there....

I do it sporadically... low tolerance each time.. nod off just one or two stamps... and never become a junkie

Sure I don't get the instant rush any IV roa will bring u... but snorting is the pragmatic way to go.

And I'm not saying I'm better than anyone and that ill never say fuxk it and iv... but hey!

Edit: I am an tramadol addict... so that does make H a bit less tempting...I really get off on trams

Last edited:
Do you snort trams, noddy? I love insufflation, cant do that tho.

There's a foreign genreic...capsule form. I think they use less binders/filler.... snorting just tad more rough than oxy for me.

I eat em most of the time. But trams has a nice redose effect that's more enjoyable snooted.. I don't mind the drip by now.

I try to keep snorting to 1mg active shit tho just to preserve my money maker...

I will never switch to IV heroin due to horror stories such as these. Yeah i'm sure it feels amazing but i'm quite satisfied with the euphoria that i'm getting from snorting it. Fucking up all your veins, risking OD, etc. is just not worth chasing that rush...
Exactly the same with me. And, Ive also never liked needles. Just seein someone do it freaks me out a lil. But I have done it...3 times, my dislike of needles outweighs that though. I get high enough snorting it...and w/ds won't be as bad..

Good luck trying to quit now. I hope we don't see you on the Dark Side in a few years. That's a dangerous flood gate to open. And get ready to defend yourself to the rest of the world when you can't hide your track marks any more and you need to go to work and see your family. I really hope you choice to stop now. Especially if you get powder. it's so easy to snort that. Can't really snort Tar, well you can water line it, but it tastes nasty.