• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vicodin and Ambien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon610

Bluelighter
I've taken 3 10mg Vicodins, and I'm about to rail two 12.5mg Ambiens. Second time doing Ambien, should I be concerned about mixing it with the opiate? Also, I'll have a blunt or two. Lol, basically the first time I took Ambien I had a nice feeling from it and actually began to hallucinate. Looking to do the same tonight.

Yes you should be concerned. Don't mix them. Tons of people die mixing opioids with benzodiazepines.

Yes you should be concerned. Don't mix them. Tons of people die mixing opioids with benzodiazepines.

Even at low doses? I know both will lower my heart rate but in low doses I don't think I should be concerned. Unless I'm wrong.

EDIT: Wait, I just found out Ambien is NOT a CNS depressant. Theoretically with low doses I should be fine then.

That's not that low of a dose unless you have a decent tolerance. Also don't rail benzos thats a waste... lower b.a.

Ambien is water soluable though and as for my opiate tolerance, 30mg of hydrocodone barely gives me a nod.
Just took one orally and snored one. All 3 Vicodins were taken orally. I'll post back soon.

I wasn't even aware that Ambien is a benzo honestly.

Ambien is not a benzo. You shouldn't mix it with opiates but if you wait like 3-4 hours after the vics you should be alright

Honestly why do you even bother asking a question if your not going to listen to the answers? And there's no point in snorting benzos or z drugs when the oral BA is so high

Oral zolpidem BA is about 70%, it can be improved by plugging and probably by snorting too as it is water soluble. Unlike with benzos, which aren't water soluble and therefore snorting them wastes a lot of the drug due to binding to mucous and never getting ingested.

So I did snort one, did get a rush feeling but I took the other one sublingually.
Still not sleeping (obviously) can barely feel the opiate. But I do feel a little...weird.

Zolpidem tartrate is soluble at about ~20mg/mL in water, and yeah it can be plugged with great efficacy but not while under the influence of opioids.

Zolpidem is a CNS depressant, it's a hypnotic / sleeping pill for Christ's sake.

an o.d. on 30mg hydrocodone and any drug besides like versed...well thats just weak bruh.

This is false. I was prescribed and did my research. Ambien is a non-benzo medication. Thats literally whats it's called. But I do agree to the extent of being safe. I don't quit understand this combination either. . .

whoever said it isnt save.. maybe for a 90 year old

This thread is approximately 4 years old, please check the dates on something before responding. Also, as OD is a place for intermediate drug discussion it's important that all comments meet posting standards. Even if this thread wasn't old, your comment does not contribute to the discussion. Please check out the OD Guidelines if you haven't already!

Status
Not open for further replies.