• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Montreal teacher arrested for possessing 55 liters of date rape drug

Bluelight Crew
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/canada/2012/10/20121020-110947.html

MONTREAL -- Police arrested a high school math teacher last week for allegedly possessing $250,000 of GHB in his home, a narcotic commonly referred to as the "date rape" drug.

Police said they investigated Michel Vincent, 37, for a few weeks before they arrested him on Oct. 12.

Police said they found 55 litres of the drug in his home, an amount that represented about 50,000 doses.

Vincent teaches at André-Laurendeau high school in Longueuil, Q.C., on Montreal's south shore.

GHB is often sold as a clear liquid. The drug depresses the central nervous system, according to Health Canada. The health agency says that GHB is particularly dangerous because its effects on the body are unpredictable and "the amount that produces the desired pleasurable effects is close to the amount that can cause an overdose."

Health Canada says the drug lowers people's inhibitions and can make people feel relaxed, euphoric, sedated and sleepy. "Its sedative effects have been used to prevent victims from resisting sexual assault.

For this reason, it can be referred to as a -date rape- drug," Health Canada warns on its website.

The spokeswoman for the school board that employs Vincent said he was suspended pending the police investigation.

"When the conclusions of the investigation are known, then (the school board) will take the necessary measures against this person," Catherine Giroux told QMI Agency.

Vincent is expected to appear in court on Monday for a bail hearing.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/canada/2012/10/20121020-110947.html

Main thing that worries me about trying GHB is if I'm ever caught with it they might think I intend to use it as "the date rape drug"

In reality alcohol is probably used as a date rape drug more than GHB.

Main thing that worries me about trying GHB is if I'm ever caught with it they might think I intend to use it as "the date rape drug"

In reality alcohol is probably used as a date rape drug more than GHB.

You don't need to pussyfoot around that one... Alcohol IS the most readily available and used date rape drug in the history of our mother earth. Simple.

I have never taken GHB myself and don't really plan to. Seems to be a bit touchy if you ask me. Have heard some bad personal stories, but I don't like alcohol to begin with so I doubt I would like GHB anyway. I would be afraid of being written up in the paper as a date rapist though... That is just my luck.

You don't need to pussyfoot around that one... Alcohol IS the most readily available and used date rape drug in the history of our mother earth.

I was doing a little research on the subject and found a random article that said the same thing. It makes sense to, that the most easily accesible drug for young adults is it. It's socially acceptable, it's relatively cheap, and in never ending supply everywhere. It lowers inhibitions and cognitive function. I could go on and on about how damaging alcohol is to society in general beyond date rape.

I've done a wide variety of drugs including alcohol but I have never once experienced nor offered GHB.

Does anyone wonder what a high school math teacher was doing with an extraneous amount of drugs?

EDIT: I'm a massive dickhead who can't do maths.

Last edited:
Perhaps he was gonna use it to teach his maths students.
E.g If it takes 250ml of GHB to rape one person,then how many people could a person rape with 55 litres of GHB?

Do you think maths teachers are actually always giving apples to people, too?

If it's GHB diluted in water they really have no idea how many doses it is. Not sure why people keep it as a solution, water weight (container weight) counts too so if anything it's just adding to an already stiff sentence. I know Na-GHB is hygroscopic but it's just as easy to make Ca-GHB which isn't and it has the added bonus of smelling floral. MMmmm

i've never had it before, but i think i read in another forum that is tastes really rotten? Is that correct? Seems a funny way to date rape someone with shit that tastes horrible. I think I also read on a police website that most reported date rapes here in Aus are not even related to illegal drugs, but usually alcohol. Some people get so trashed they lose track of how many drinks they have had and then pass out. Some people apparently do it by double shotting drinks with twice (or more) as much vodka or whatever and get them way too drunk way too quickly and yeah it can end up in sex that isn't consensual 'cos she's passed out.

The salts of GHB taste pretty disgusting, yeah. Even benzodiazepines make a much better "date rape" drug than GHB. From what I understand GHB is actually used mostly as a recreational intoxicant and sleep aid, not as a "date rape drug". For some fucking reason the media has to mention that GHB is a date rape drug every fucking time it's mentioned though, so the myth perpetuates.

Assuming this was fairly concentrated, like GBL or butanediol, 55 litres is closer to about 30,000 doses, maybe less. Even 1.5ml of GHB isn't a particularly big dose.
Doubtful that he'd get 250k for it all either. Maybe 100k if he sold it "retail style" in clubs, but...

It's possible that he just really, really liked GHB, too.

Do you think maths teachers are actually always giving apples to people, too?

Did you think my post was meant seriously,it was a joke not meant to be taken literally.
Also its pupils that were supposed to give the teacher an apple not the other way round.

Did you think my post was meant seriously,it was a joke not meant to be taken literally.
No no, I managed to penetrate the many dense layers of the prose, disentangle the literal from the figurative, and, I believe, come to comprehend, in part at least, the humour that was intended by the author. My comment, too, was a joke- addition and subtraction are often taught through examples of people giving and taking away from each other arbitrary numbers of arbitrary items, often apples. For instance- "I have ten apples. I give half of these to Mary, and then Jeremy gives me two more apples. How many apples do I now have?". My intention, you see, was to explore the themes of your work, and to develop them further, I suppose as a sort of homage. However, I have evidently failed to do this and, unfortunately, have also attracted your ire. I can assure you that this will not happen again; all that I ask is your patience.