• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Montreal teacher arrested for possessing 55 liters of date rape drug

'extraneous' doesn't seem to mean extreme or superfluous though? I had to look it up, as I was interested in it and both sources don't say anything like that, altho i might be interpreting it incorrectly.

extraneous |ikˈstrānēəs|
adjective
irrelevant or unrelated to the subject being dealt with: one is obliged to wade through many pages of extraneous material.
----------------------------------------------------------
ex·tra·ne·ous   [ik-strey-nee-uhs] Show IPA
adjective
introduced or coming from without; not belonging or proper to a thing; external; foreign: extraneous substances in our water.
not pertinent; irrelevant: an extraneous remark; extraneous decoration.

I dont really give a shit about your English. I was interested in a new word I didn't know.

Different article, different drug, same labelling - 'date rape drug'

Arizona border officers seize date-rape drug

NOGALES, Ariz. — A Mexican woman has been arrested at the southern Arizona border for allegedly possessing animal tranquilizers often used in the commission of “date rape” sexual assaults.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Mariposa Port referred 51-year-old Josefina Irene Dominguez for additional questioning and a vehicle search Monday. Officers say they found 310 vials of ketamine inside the vehicle.

The Drug Enforcement Administration describes ketamine as a clear, odorless and tasteless liquid developed in the early 1960s as an anesthetic.

Since ketamine also induces amnesia, authorities say it’s sometimes given to unsuspecting victims prior to the commission of sexual assaults.

The drugs were seized and Dominguez was referred for prosecution, Authorities say. They didn’t know Tuesday whether Dominguez had a lawyer yet for her case.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/bor...cle_049aa368-1d6d-11e2-b382-0019bb2963f4.html

No no, I managed to penetrate the many dense layers of the prose, disentangle the literal from the figurative, and, I believe, come to comprehend, in part at least, the humour that was intended by the author. My comment, too, was a joke- addition and subtraction are often taught through examples of people giving and taking away from each other arbitrary numbers of arbitrary items, often apples. For instance- "I have ten apples. I give half of these to Mary, and then Jeremy gives me two more apples. How many apples do I now have?". My intention, you see, was to explore the themes of your work, and to develop them further, I suppose as a sort of homage. However, I have evidently failed to do this and, unfortunately, have also attracted your ire. I can assure you that this will not happen again; all that I ask is your patience.

heh, I ain't seen you posting for tiime vader, and when I do see you it's this masterpiece. gg.
it's all very civil in here.

Different article, different drug, same labelling - 'date rape drug'

Arizona border officers seize date-rape drug

NOGALES, Ariz. — A Mexican woman has been arrested at the southern Arizona border for allegedly possessing animal tranquilizers often used in the commission of “date rape” sexual assaults.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Mariposa Port referred 51-year-old Josefina Irene Dominguez for additional questioning and a vehicle search Monday. Officers say they found 310 vials of ketamine inside the vehicle.

The Drug Enforcement Administration describes ketamine as a clear, odorless and tasteless liquid developed in the early 1960s as an anesthetic.

Since ketamine also induces amnesia, authorities say it’s sometimes given to unsuspecting victims prior to the commission of sexual assaults.

The drugs were seized and Dominguez was referred for prosecution, Authorities say. They didn’t know Tuesday whether Dominguez had a lawyer yet for her case.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/bor...cle_049aa368-1d6d-11e2-b382-0019bb2963f4.html

They're calling ketamine a date rape drug?

What the fuck.

It is typically used to mean an addition to something that doesn't really belong, or is in excess of the required/expected amount. Technically correct, but a rather awkward use of the word.

once you are hooked on ghb a liter goes in no time so it could have been for personal use too

Ive done it here in quebec. In french they are called bouchons. Literally it translates into the cap of a water bottle thats how we measure the dosage, every full cap is a bouchon.

I had a screwed up schedule so a friend suggested it, gave me about half a bottle of it. I watched avengers on blu ray and took some, i was watching the movie for 30 minutes with my eyes fully shut, i just couldnt open them. I woke up on the couch the next day, i felt i could have been raped :(

What's with this guy - wholesale gone wrong, or he humps like a camel?

How would a GHB addict behave? I've tried it, but the effects seemed very subtle to me (never tried large amounts). Would it be obvious that the person you're talking to is on GHB? Just curious as I've never met a GHB addict.

Why do they refer to it as a date rape drug? Most people use GHB to get high, as a sleep aid, as a bodybuilding aid, a nootropic, or to self medicate anxiety and other psychological issues.

I feel sorry for this teacher. Calling the stuff a date rape drug makes him look like pedophile or a creep to the misinformed.

How would a GHB addict behave? I've tried it, but the effects seemed very subtle to me (never tried large amounts). Would it be obvious that the person you're talking to is on GHB? Just curious as I've never met a GHB addict.

They would probably seem normal as long as they were on a regular dose. If they took a large amount they might seem drunk. If they hadn't dosed in awhile they would be anxious, twitchy, and looking unwell. I never met one myself.

Maybe the teacher just took the stuff when he went on the weekend instead of drinking.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/extraneous (see superfluous)
http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/extraneous (see supervenient)
http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-synonyms/extraneous (see extra)

I hope you have better things to do than make a fail attempt at my English

I'm sorry, but you are still misusing he word. It would only make sense if the amount of the drug were irrelevant, and providing the information regarding the amount was unnecessary. It means extra, as in unneeded, not extra, as in a lot.

If you were trying to say the teacher possessed an unnecessary amount of GHB, or that the amount of GHB was irrelevant to the topic, that would make sense. Extraneous does not mean large in and of itself, it means unneeded.

We don't know what he was doing with the GHB, if you can rule out a) he is an addict and wanted to never run out until he was dead
and b) he was selling the drugs and c) he was planning on raping lots of people(very unlikely) and also d) ANYTHING that requires a large amount of GHB...then MAYBE the word extraneous would work there. But it only works if you are asserting that their is absolutely no logical reason for anyone to possess that much GHB, OR if we knew what his specific goals were and knew that so much GHB would be unnecessary, then extraneous would work. Without knowing what he intended to do with the GHB we can not possibly know if it was extraneous.

Since we have no idea why he possessed so much GHB(as you already stated), it would have been more proper to just use the words "such a large amount".

An analogy, if person a smokes weed but doesn't sell it, 1,000 pounds of weed would be an extraneous amount. If person b sells weed, then 1,000 pounds of weed would NOT be an extraneous amount. Without knowing the purpose of the substance we can not know if it was extraneous or not. It's all about context, here we have none.

Last edited:
Don't be.

My sources are reputable. Unneeded fits too.

You're right insofar as I implied an educated guess as to its extraneous nature. Probability speaks.

I was taught that its more proper to use one word instead of four.

I must admit its entertaining that you take such an interest in my grammar.8o

ive known people to get into the GHB biz getting massive amounts because its apparently easy to smuggle, maybe because its not that commonly used /thus searched for by the Police, its a lucrative business and he probably sells Lube too, if you know what i mean ;)

I personally liked ghb quite a bit and I hate booze. ghb was far more euphoric (I only did it a handful of times due to sources). though once i g'd out at a party and people thought I died for a minute XD. didn't taste too bad imo but I just slammed down the liquid like a shot. best sleep I ever had besides opioids.