• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Adding benadryl to a dope shot for increased potency

TheManWithNoName

Bluelighter
I have heard that dealers cut dope with benadryl so it must be ok to shoot. I have the capsules and once in a while I would put a small amount of benadryl with my shot, cotton filtered of course. Does this actually have an effect or is it a placebo. I take benadryl to potentiate my opiates anyway. Also some kid in rehab told me some crazy shit. He said if your dopesick you should shoot some benadryl and it will make you feel better.

I'm really interested in this too so someone with some knowledge get on this! You've never had any adverse effects from bangin the dryl?

I have heard that dealers cut dope with benadryl so it must be ok to shoot. I have the capsules and once in a while I would put a small amount of benadryl with my shot, cotton filtered of course. Does this actually have an effect or is it a placebo. I take benadryl to potentiate my opiates anyway. Also some kid in rehab told me some crazy shit. He said if your dopesick you should shoot some benadryl and it will make you feel better.

It does have an effect. Others may chime in too... I've mixed up shots with benadryl and oxy/heroin before... And there is a noticeable difference (If you're not looking for anything DRASTIC!)...

How I do it, is get the generic ones that come in half pink/half white gel caps (The ones with the powder inside). Crack two open and dump the powder in a spoon. Mix with 1cc of water, use wheel filter to pull it up into needle, then clean spoon, dump dope in spoon and use the benadryl/water solution you just sucked up into your needle to prep your shot as usual...

Only thing I wouldn't recommend is heat since it will just aloow more insoluble fillers to become absorbed and even worse for your veins...

This, of course is HIGHLY not recommended! Shooting any pills at all are considered a HUGE RISK and you should think twice about it! But if you are dead set in it, please be as safe as possible!

Take care and be safe!

Do not inject diphenhydramine. It does not increase the potency of the shot whatsoever.

^this

however, taking some DPH orally will increase sedation of the heroin for sure.

Exactly. Take the diphenhydramine orally.

This is very similar to people adding hydroxyzine to their shots for the same "increased potency" (or lack thereof)

not only is this dangerous for obvious reasons, i cant imagine the DPH being easy on your veins... but i'm no scientist. do what you are going to do, but i wouldnt

Yeah, DPH burns so incredibly bad. It's horrible for you, don't do it.

Like really, when did we start adding stuff in to contaminate our shots? I thought we were supposed to focus on filtering crap out.

^I don't think they're many dealers cutting H with diphenhydramine, as I don't think it's very soluble..... As others have said, it does potentiate opiates.....I've taken it combined with some of the weaker opiates in pill form while in withdrawal....But adding it to your shot/ taking it on top of a shot of H, doesn't make much sense to me...

Yeah, DPH burns so incredibly bad. It's horrible for you, don't do it.

Like really, when did we start adding stuff in to contaminate our shots? I thought we were supposed to focus on filtering crap out.

Yeah. Really, this shit is such bad news, especially if you're filtering it all through just a cotton (though shooting antihistamine's, even pharmaceutical ampules, are damaging to your veins which is why they are given out as IM shots instead of IV. Promethazine injectable ampules even have a black box warning regarding this issue..). I stupidly used to shoot up the tablets with buprenorphine or other opiates a few years back and it totally FUCKED my arms up. And if you're still wondering "we'll, but does it increase dopes potency??", the answer IME is no. If anything it might make a shot last a little bit longer, but that's it.

^Shooting Benadryl/dyphenhydramine is retarded, IMO. However, if you're legitimately dopesick and trying to stretch out 10 mgs of Hydrocodone to stay well, takin a 50-100mg dose might help....If you're just tryin to get high off a recreational dose?completely worthless! unless you just wanna fall the fuck asleep!

We've been getting 90% raw, can't go into detail, but my dude cuts it 25-75 diphen/dope. And it's still scary strong. It works well, but if they're hardcore junkies you could send them into delirium which is obviously not good.

Yeah, diphenhydramine's anti-cholinergic effects can cause some really nasty delerium (though if you take a look over at TR, you'll see some people obviously fancy the shit, though I can't for the life of me figure out why). I would hate to shoot some heroin and then start seeing floating dead flies and spiders everywhere...no thanks.