• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids snorting oxycodone IR

Plug your two 5 mg. insties w/ an oral syringe in 4-5 ml's of filtered H20 you'll be wondering why you didnt start long ago...

I was at first going to challenge this statement seeing as the BioAvailibility of Oxycodone is only around 60%, but then I read this article (Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Oxycodone When Given Intravenously and Rectally to Adult Patients with Cancer Pain) which I found to be pretty interesting. Basically the article looks into the efficacy of intravenous and rectal administration of oxycodone and finds that while the average BA for rectally administered Oxycodone is around 61%, the duration of effect lasts up to 12 hours, which is more than 2x the duration of intravenous administration.

So if the goal is to achieve a quicker onset, than rectal administration is the way to go, especially considering the fact that it is far less damaging than insufflation and likewise carries less risks than intravenous drug use. With this lengthy duration, I can't see any excuse to use your oxycodone any way besides orally or rectally. Sure the BA of insufflated oxycodone may be slightly higher, but who cares if the duration is shorter? IMO BioAvailibility is not necessairily the deciding factor on what the most 'effective' ROA is. If that were the case, than intravenous oxycodone would be considered the best method for taking the drug, yet I think almost anyone would rather give up 15-20% of their narcotic for an effect that lasts twice as long.

oral oxy > nasal oxy

take some tagamet with your dose and it will be 1.5x stronger, and will extend the duration 1+ hrs

I WISH tagamet could make it 1.5 times stronger and 1 hour longer....yeah right...

I would wager that most people start eating there Oxy IR at first. How ever, if you got a 60 - 90 mg habit to feel euphoria you snort some portion. I have never got great results plugging. I would not bother snorting 5mg Oxy Ir. 15 mg Oxy Ir are the minimum, but 30 mg Oxy Ir pill is much better. A 5 mg Oxy Ir and a 30 mg Ir pill are the same size.

There's barely any 'rush' from snorting. It just kicks in faster doesn't last as long and fucks yer shit up. Pop em.

On a side note of rectal administration in terms of biovailability and gettn a rush I could not imagine myself at the mcdonalds bathroom with a syringe rammed up my ass only to get walked in by a dad and his son trynna access the baby changing section becuz my dumb ass forgot to lock the door.

I admire the fact that you are trying to get off of opiates... it really complicates the situation when have legitimate pain to deal with as well. I remember years ago I took hydrocodone 5 milligrams 4 * a day. Withdrawing from that was awful... Now, years later I am on about 240 milligrams of oxycodone IR a day, along with a fentanyl patch. Now the patch is a whole different story, but right now I am actually out of my pills early and this withdrawal is not much worse than when I was on hydrocodone.
I guess my point is, it's hard to tell how difficult withdrawal will be from 1 person to the next. If I were to have gotten on here years ago when I took hydrocodone and asked how bad wd's would be, many people probably would have said, in all sincerity, " Not too bad, considering it's not a very strong drug, and 20mg per day is a low dose".
I think that many of us get to the point where we are on such insanely high doses of narcotics that anything less than what we take ourselves doesn't seem like much. I am NOT trying to alarm you here, but I noticed that even you made reference to the fact your dose is low.
Who knows, maybe your withdrawals will not be bad at all. Again, this is something that varies greatly from 1 person to the next. Please just be careful not to compare this experience with experiences you've had in the past.... they may be completely different, or exactly the same.
Sorry, I feel like I've been rambling a little bit and don't think I really answered your questions lol.
Let us know how it goes
This post is really old but if anyusers in 2015 see my reply I would like to agree with this user 100 percent. I have been off and on for two years been using opiates not so much for pain I have a compressed nerve so I do use them for that but in reality I do use them a lot to get high. They curb the symptoms of my schizoaffective disorder. Though it is a horrible way to avoid my symptoms. But I'm off track anyways I do have to say many of you users that use medicinal doses of opiates take a very high a,ount without actually realizing how high it is. I saw one user using 240 mg of oxycodone IR even with some opiate and kratom use if I take 15mg of IR oxys I am blitzed as hell. 20mg and I'm unfunctionable in normal daily activities nd constantly nodding off. I just want peopl to realize what opiates do tolerance wise from a different perspective. 240mg of IR and id be highly overdosed most likely dead and some of you take that just to avoid pain. Anywho if som of you still struggle with opiates for pain managment I highly reccomend switching to kratom and smoking pot. Both are legal in my state and if weed causes anxiety in you like it does me smoke high cbd low thc it helps a lot. Along with kratom it will work way better that pharmaceuticals, be healthier, last longer, and just overall be cheaper.

Plug your two 5 mg. insties w/ an oral syringe in 4-5 ml's of filtered H20 you'll be wondering why you didnt start long ago...

Honestly, before I got clean shoving any opiate up my ass dissolved in water was the greatest thing next to shooting up. No homo.