• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids snorting oxycodone IR

trip407

Bluelighter
Right now i am snorting oxycodone IR on a regular basis. I am wondering how much of the powder will reach my lungs. The capsules contain a powder wich contain microcrystalline cellulose, sodium dodecyl sulphate and magnesium stearate wich i am worried about.

Enough to cause problems.

Why are you snorting the oxycodone to begin with? It's like 20% more efficient to take the pills orally.

I get 20 mg extendend release oxygesic every 6 hours, these i swallow. Its a pill which upon crushing contains little beads. I chew on these pills like mad but i still need 30 minutes so i can feel anything. The duration is very spaced out without much of a peak. On top of this i get two 5mg iR capsules, i like to snort them because they have a fast sharp peak even with this low of a dosage. My tolerance is almost back to baseline from a year of abstinence. I would probably bang them if i had needles but my mobility is limited, so i cant buy any.
Is it with any powder you snort that some of it will reach your lungs or at least the bronchus?

please stop snorting oxycodone it's such a waste i'll take em if you'd rather snort them

please stop snorting oxycodone it's such a waste i'll take em if you'd rather snort them

Apples and oranges. Not everyone cares about the bio-availability of their ROA, or the total duration of their high. Oral is generally best for oxy but not if you've recently eaten a meal or are looking for a more instant buzz. To an addict, that extra bio-availability may matter a ton but to an occasional user with a low tolerance, I'm sure he has figured out himself through trial and error that he enjoys the nasal ROA high more than when he takes them orally.

^What's your point? Let them snort oxy and cause damage to their respiratory tract? An occasional user isn't RX'd time released oxycodone with breakthrough medication.

@OP, it is still stupid to snort your medication. And your hint at shooting it up is even worse. Oxycodone is best taken orally. Snorting it is much less efficient and is detrimental to your health.

oral oxy > nasal oxy

take some tagamet with your dose and it will be 1.5x stronger, and will extend the duration 1+ hrs

The point of this thread was not whether snorted or oral oxycodone is more effective in therms of bioavaibility. I question how much of a percentage of snorted powder will reach my respiratory tract. And if sayed substances will be harmfull for it. Are there know cases of complications maybe in the case reports?

^true, it's just difficult to overlook something like this on a harm reduction forum. Your doing something that's both inefficient and unhealthy, so might as well kill two birds with one stone.

We can't give you the percentage of particles inhaled to your lungs. This obviously would vary greatly person by person anywas based on their inhalation technique.

We do know that snorting pills is stupid and is often inefficient anyways, so by sticking to the oral ROA you will be using more efficiently and in ways much less harmful to your long term health. Inhaled particles in the lungs can lead to serious complications (pulmonary embolism, thrombosis), just like Opana being linked to silicosis due to it being snorted.

edit: It would be great if they did more studies on the specifics of drug abuse, but that's not the case.
@OP, I think that all things considered, when you snort your 5mg oxycodone capsules, each likely contains hundreds of milligrams of other inactive ingredients, which is really going to add up over time. I mean of all the forms of oxycodone to snort, you have by far the worst kind health wise due to the shitty active to inactive ingredient ratio. You would do so much better if you just swallowed the pills. It was formulated as instant release oxycodone. You're not going to beat oral dosing.

Last edited:
Plug your two 5 mg. insties w/ an oral syringe in 4-5 ml's of filtered H20 you'll be wondering why you didnt start long ago...

I really wouldn't worry about it. I've snorted tons of them and never had any health problems. But you should seriously consider what everyone is saying, take it orally. Much better imo

On second thought though, we really don't know too much about the specific effects all these binders have when insufflated...they don't do as many studies on it as compared to conventional roa (iv, im, oral, hell even rectal.) If you don't mind the feeling of it in your butt, trying bootybumping it. I personally don't have any aversion to the idea, it's just uncomfortable for me.

Last edited:
Just take them as directed. Don't snort these pills, with all the fillers/binders. You want to clog up your nose with that junk?

ok i have accepted your advice and stoped snorting these capsules two days ago.

I have another question probably not worth another thread. I am going to the detox clinic in 6 days, because i want and need to be free from opiates. I am using 4x 20mg oxcodone for probably 2 month now. The last time i detoxed from 120 mg methadone after several years of continued usage. I was in agony and despair for one month, and feeling somehow ok after two month. I am not sure if i can stand such a ride now, since i have chronic nerve pain in my left leg. The good thing is, i can continue to use gabapentin 4x 300mg, metamizol and ibuprofen in the detox clinic. What can i expect from this two month of oxy usage, i dont think it will be very bad because of the weak effects i received from the oxy. On the other hand once in a while i felt kind of high, but it always faded very quick. I am playing with the though of going "cold turkey" in the clinic or probably 2-3 days of low dose methadone (which they usualy give , when addicted to opiates).

I admire the fact that you are trying to get off of opiates... it really complicates the situation when have legitimate pain to deal with as well. I remember years ago I took hydrocodone 5 milligrams 4 * a day. Withdrawing from that was awful... Now, years later I am on about 240 milligrams of oxycodone IR a day, along with a fentanyl patch. Now the patch is a whole different story, but right now I am actually out of my pills early and this withdrawal is not much worse than when I was on hydrocodone.
I guess my point is, it's hard to tell how difficult withdrawal will be from 1 person to the next. If I were to have gotten on here years ago when I took hydrocodone and asked how bad wd's would be, many people probably would have said, in all sincerity, " Not too bad, considering it's not a very strong drug, and 20mg per day is a low dose".
I think that many of us get to the point where we are on such insanely high doses of narcotics that anything less than what we take ourselves doesn't seem like much. I am NOT trying to alarm you here, but I noticed that even you made reference to the fact your dose is low.
Who knows, maybe your withdrawals will not be bad at all. Again, this is something that varies greatly from 1 person to the next. Please just be careful not to compare this experience with experiences you've had in the past.... they may be completely different, or exactly the same.
Sorry, I feel like I've been rambling a little bit and don't think I really answered your questions lol.
Let us know how it goes

*facepalm*

DO NOT SNORT OXY!!! If you want a fast onset and high bioavailability, take them rectally! Some people don't notice the increase in BA (I am not one of these people - oral and rectal are miles apart for me in terms of potency and overall experience), but even then, you still get the "rush"-y (although I really wouldn't equate it to a rush) onset that you get from snorting, only way stronger! I use rectal 80% of the time, the other 20% being oral (which I do sometimes when I'm too lazy to prep a shot).

EDIT: Or I guess detoxing from opiates also works, I applaud you sir.

I wouldnt snort anything besides Roxis or OCs but gl getting them these days.

Enough to cause problems.

Why are you snorting the oxycodone to begin with? It's like 20% more efficient to take the pills orally.

Some of us like the high to kick in quickly and also like the more intense high snorting gives.
I swallow and snort.

An approach that a lot of people use is to snort 50% of the dose and swallow 50% of the dose. If you want it to kick in that much quicker while still enjoying the super high oral BA, you can always parachute it on an empty stomach. Another option is to parachute part of the dose (doesn't have to be 50/50, can be whatever proportions you like) and then snort the rest.

Best of both worlds.

An approach that a lot of people use is to snort 50% of the dose and swallow 50% of the dose. If you want it to kick in that much quicker while still enjoying the super high oral BA, you can always parachute it on an empty stomach. Another option is to parachute part of the dose (doesn't have to be 50/50, can be whatever proportions you like) and then snort the rest.

Best of both worlds.
I first always swallow the pills then right away do some rails. I rail about 20% and swallow the rest and it seems to work nicely for me that way.