• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs The Ethylphenidate (Ethyl phenyl(piperidin-2-yl)acetate) Megathread V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeighborhoodThreat

Bluelight Crew
Ethylphenidate
Ethyl Phenyl(piperidin-2-yl)acetate

MEGATHREAD VERSION 1

Welcome to the ethylphenidate mega thread version two! This is the place to discuss all things related to ethylphenidate. Remember that sourcing is strictly prohibited. Please help out the OD staff by reporting any posts that violate the BLUA and/or posting guidelines!

ethylphenidate.jpg

512px-Ethylphenidate.svg.png

Ethylphenidate_3d_spin.gif

Ethylphenidate (EPH) is a potent psychostimulant that acts as both a dopamine reuptake inhibitor and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. This compound only has a very brief history of widespread use, and unfortunately no absolute facts are known about the potential dangers/toxicity that may arise from the recreational abuse/use of ethylphenidate. The purpose of this thread is to document discussion, experiences and gather information relating to ethylphenidate, so as to gain a greater understanding of this promising new compound.​

Although the degree to which ethylphenidate is consumed is entirely at the discretion of the user, a cautious and considered approach is strongly recommended when using ethylphenidate, be it for recreational purposes or otherwise.

Note:

Please be aware that the abbreviation "EPH" is, at least in the United States, used for the unrelated stimulant drug ephedrine. Please use this abbreviation with care as to not confuse these two drugs.

Off-site Resources:

Erowid Ethylphenidate Vault
Erowid Experience Vaults: Ethylphenidate
Ethylphenidate - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Here's the last posts from The Ethylphenidate Megathread V1:

i don't know about this stuff. i grinded my teeth the last two nights and haven't done so on M or MPA. (observer) some visuals on small doses. terrible on the nose, 20mg of this compared to any amphetamine is god awful on the sinuses. i have A LOT of experience. weak coke i guess. i'll try oral to see if it can be more like ritalin which i was prescribed for 2 years. the main reason i purchased this was for studying so i am hoping it can do that. i would grab some MPA any day over this for fun/focus, actually. i guess i'll test my pool game on it.

Several Ethyl experiences so far, starting with 50mg and ending more recently with 110mg.

Oral administration with water, every time. I'm 5'11, 150lbs, not on any meds.

So far, high dosages start with a slow build up of energy - warmer face, sweating. Then there's a brief period where I feel a mood lift and a bit chatty. If I'm around people I feel quite forgiving. There's a sociable feel to it. However, the remainder of the experience levels out for the next 7 hours or so. Still feeling OK, but mostly energised. Want to dance, move. Spent one high dose evening writing a short-story for a solid 8 hours, with 15min break.

Lower doses (50 - 70mg) just give me facial warmth, energy. Hands tremble. Heart-rate higher. Jaw clenching that needs gum to help chewing the insides of ones own cheeks. Good to dance.

Jaw aches for days after on the higher doses. Keep sleeping-aids handy.

Oral eph worked really well as a study drug for me. 50-60mg in the morning + 20-30mg redose 4 to 5 hours later gave me a whole day of quality study time and no problems sleeping. The worst side effect was the sweating. My t-shirt was soaked while sitting in an airconditioned library. Never tried it recreationally so can't really comment on that.

Aoww, life is going so good for me atm. :) Got a new job, it's friday, so now I'm gonna drink this bottle of vodka with some ethylphenidate............. Gimme a kiss!!!!!!

xxxx ;)

I will send you my hottest eph soaked kisses!

this has been already said in this thread but it couldn't hurt to say it again: sometimes magnesium supplements taken with eph can relieve jaw clenching. try it!

Chelated magnesium in particular is very helpful. Not just with ethylphenidate (every time I read "EPH" I think ephedrine...) but with stimulants in general.

I just remembered that I wanted to share my mini-OD recently. I have of course no idea how much I had done over the night and finally the last dose (I'm talking IV here and of course would not recommend anyone to follow my footsteps) kicked me right to the orbit. It was a bit scary but I decide to POWER THROUGH the scary moments because actually most of it is in your head. Anyway, in addition to very trippy flying feeling and waves of something unwordly rushing over me, there was one weird (for me at least) side effect - I instantly lost vision and couldn't read shit. Like I'd have +7 eyesight all of the sudden. But it did pass pretty quickly (as is common with iv'ing) and lesson learned. RESIST REDOSING. Eph is sneaky like that.

That would burn my lip.

Be careful, duckeee....

Meanwhile walked to store and thought about my previous post and felt the need to clarify:
1. in no way I am saying that drug overdoses are purely in one's mind. I was trying to say that I trust to feel the difference but of course this is the way most ODs happen.
2. and i am slowly cutting back as my relationshits start to slowly end AND I know I will go overboard quickly if I don't set myself rules. Right now it is one trip per month, soon hopefully less and less...

Also I discovered it helped with restless legs Seroquel always gave me...

Indeed, I use magnesium to help me with the lower back pain (really really bad at some points) that amphetamines give me.

Make sure you're staying very hydrated as well. Dehydration will make both muscle pain and jaw grinding worse. Have a bottle or glass of water handy at all times :)

Very good advice, thank you.

More good advice, thanks!

I've got a question: My EPH Solution (500mg in 10ml of Water) seems to flock out. There are suddenly big particles in the vial and it was diluted properly with no residues. Is is still useable? Are the particles inactive substance or the EPH "recrystalising? I have no idea how this happened and am unsure on if and when, how to use this in the future.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd only be worried if the "particles" were in fact mould or some similar life form. How long has the solution been sitting about? What kind of water did you use?

Can you pluck a "particle" out and take a close look at it?

Can you redissolve these precipitated particles (if that's what they are) by giving the solution a good shake?

It has never happened with me, at least not with eph. I have had similar things happen to street meph though and for that I discovered heating a solution just a bit and adding water will help. Are the particles crystal? Do they resemble eph crystals? And you said at first the solution was clear?

I am also curious what might have caused it but as I am in no way qualified or experienced to even give an educated guess. But I'm sure someone smarter soon will chime in.

I got some more Ethyl delivered yesterday and the crystals were FAT! I don't even wanna crush them cos they look so cool. ;)

Yeah, it was clear at first and I had powder EPH so I can't tell if the particles resemble EPH crystals. Heating does nothing :/

I don't want to push DickTate's mystery particles from the stage, but since I don't write tripreports, I report my trip here in few lines. As you all might have guessed I'm on a binge right now but failed frist night to follow my own rule to at least TRY to sleep. I have irregularly topped up but for me EPH goes to certain level and stays there and then of course there are levels above that...

And as I topped up an hour ago my wall started doing stuff - it was FULL ON hallucinations but I was not freaked at all, because it probably wasn't so much eph than lack of sleep. I had also took some downers before. I'm pretty sure EPH can also produce stimulant psychosis so it was probably it. I had no more physical after initial rush and elves, well, they moved their stuff out in 10 minutes and now my wall is again regular, boring wall, doing boring wall stuff.

I would not recommend depriving sleep while on a binge, it will finally get bad. But if you have similar experience I had, then you can enjoy the hallucinations fully because it is OBVIOUS that it's not the drugs or schizophrenia or ghost-related. Too bad they left so soon...

Thanks for that. How many hours in total were you awake?

Can you elaborate on how it felt in the good & bad ways? And how much you had in total?

cheers!

I've had happen before. It was at the tail end of a 16 hour binge, 24 hours awake, after vaporizing some cannabis. Granted the hallucinations were there before the cannabis, it was fairly surprising how vivid the visuals were after the fact. Stimulant psychosis, cannabis psychosis, sleep deprivation, i couldn't say which caused it.

It wasn't at all frightening or abrasive, I can't say i would do it again though.

No problem but because of the next page I will bump my own question if this is ok.

Off topic - Im not sure on the rules exactly but ima assume once a topic reaches 1000 replies you start a new one?

On topic - Would you beable to add a little more detail to the first post? Maybe some average doses, ROA and things of that nature so people dont have to go through the original thread?

Thanks.

Regarding my flocked out solution:

I have kept this for a while in my desk. It was made with normal tap water and shaking does not help to dissolve the particles again. I picked out one little piece and it is white and clumpy. I'm really not sure if it is the EPH or another residue.
Since I only tried it a few times in low doses via oral consumption before it flocked out and am no upperfan it wouldn't be bad just to throw it away but I am still curious what happened and if it could still be dosed if one filters the particles.

Thanks for any input on this.

If you're unsure you could always just filter out the clumps and try dosing that, starting low and building up (as ever).

I've really been won over by oral dosing on my last few goes with this. 70mg or so every couple of hours with the occasional small line on top seems to be my sweet spot... Always with alcohol i should say...

YMMV of course.

Regarding my flocked out solution:

I have kept this for a while in my desk. It was made with normal tap water and shaking does not help to dissolve the particles again. I picked out one little piece and it is white and clumpy. I'm really not sure if it is the EPH or another residue.
Since I only tried it a few times in low doses via oral consumption before it flocked out and am no upperfan it wouldn't be bad just to throw it away but I am still curious what happened and if it could still be dosed if one filters the particles.

Thanks for any input on this.

IME with Ethylphenidate, 120mg dissolves slowly into 5ml of water, and I have to stir it until all of it dissolves. It is very possible that with 500mg in 10ml of water, you potentially added the EPH when the water was warmer, thus it more freely dissolved, and then as it cool to room temperature in storage, the solution became super saturated and the EPH began to precipitate out.

How does ethylphenidate compare to methylphendate in terms of euphoria. I found MPD to be relatively non-euphoric compared to adderall years ago when i had a script for it. Any suggestions would be nice, thanks.

IME with Ethylphenidate, 120mg dissolves slowly into 5ml of water, and I have to stir it until all of it dissolves. It is very possible that with 500mg in 10ml of water, you potentially added the EPH when the water was warmer, thus it more freely dissolved, and then as it cool to room temperature in storage, the solution became super saturated and the EPH began to precipitate out.

Yeah that makes sense, thank you. I'm gonna filter it properly and use the rest of it carefully next weekend or so.
Subject closed :)

I had an experience with this today. I won't make a detailed account for now, this is just a friendly warning to anyone who has their hands on this substance and is wondering which the ideal ROA is.

I just wish to stress how my experience with the intranasal route of administration was very unpleasant. The actual practice is quite painful, though I've heard this only happens with crystals (what I experienced), and not the hydrochloride form of EPH. Nevertheless, It is too jittery when snorted and the comedown is pronounced. I suggest oral administration. It is perfectly soluble in water, however it is bitter to the taste, but nowhere near what MDMA has to offer. The oral ROA is most effective for studying and the comedown is very mild when compared to that of the intranasal experience. It also lasts much longer. The only practical way of using this substance is through moderated, oral doses. That being said, the route of administration doesn't change the substance's crashing nature, but the longer, more stable duration of oral ROA is much less sharp and its comedown can be tolerated very easily.
In my opinion this substance is very useful for studying, as a result of it being only mildly euphoric and having little recreational value. Once again I stress that these benefits only apply to the oral route of administration, so administer it like you would with Methylphenidate. The mechanism of action is apparently identical between the two but EPH is less adrenergic, but nevertheless adrenergic and can have that jittery effect at high doses --especially when snorted.

That being said, this is still in my opinion one of the best RC's on the market at the moment.

best study aid... it's becoming outlawed in several countries it appears now... and becoming harder to acquire in general...

unfortunate.

Aoww, life is going so good for me atm. Got a new job, it's friday, so now I'm gonna drink this bottle of vodka with some ethylphenidate............. Gimme a kiss!!!!!!

xxxx

Yeah, now I'm getting fired next week. :(

lol what happened

I'm not hitting my targets. I work in a small call centre but it's all girls who work there which I don't mind at all :) But my manager has given me till next week to prove her wrong. I really try my best though but no one wants to talk to me on the phone. I don't think I am a natural salesman. I don't want to leave the job though cos I've got a christmas party in late November.

Some nice ladies and alcohol will make my night. Especially my manager cos she's HOOOTT!!!! But married. Aoww... :|

I'm not hitting my targets. I work in a small call centre but it's all girls who work there which I don't mind at all :) But my manager has given me till next week to prove her wrong. I really try my best though but no one wants to talk to me on the phone. I don't think I am a natural salesman. I don't want to leave the job though cos I've got a christmas party in late November.

Some nice ladies and alcohol will make my night. Especially my manager cos she's HOOOTT!!!! But married. Aoww... :|

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure things will work out one way or another :) Having worked at a place which improves your communicative skills always does well when applying for another job, on the bright side.

About ethylphen, do you guys find it worth it recreationally without combining it with alcohol?

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure things will work out one way or another :) Having worked at a place which improves your communicative skills always does well when applying for another job, on the bright side.

About ethylphen, do you guys find it worth it recreationally without combining it with alcohol?

No - I personally find it very unpleasent, it becomes very jittery and you want to take more to restore the little euphoria however you know if you do you will feel like you've drank 5 cups of coffee one after the other.

I only take EPH when I have drank a few cans otherwise its intolerable, for me anyways.

No - I personally find it very unpleasent, it becomes very jittery and you want to take more to restore the little euphoria however you know if you do you will feel like you've drank 5 cups of coffee one after the other.

I only take EPH when I have drank a few cans otherwise its intolerable, for me anyways.

This.

It's pretty garbage, I did about 80mgs sober, got really jittery and shit, then I drank FOUR tall cans of 5.5% beer and was still over-stimmed and suffered a comedown. I am done with this chem, each use is worse then the last.

Yeah, it's pretty useless with no alcohol. MPA seems to be the only RC stimulant that you can take alone. But there's too many side effects such as excessive sweating.

I personally find that after about 250-300mgs over 48 hours it becomes inactive to the point where your nose is so sore you physically cant sniff anymore and if you do manage to you don't get any real benefits except insomnia however you feel like shit cos you need to sleep.

If I then dont take any for a week or so I get back to base line (tolerance wise) and my first dose which will be around 50mgs will get me back where I was the first time I took it. Of course, alcohol is an absolute must.

Status
Not open for further replies.