• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

just coming off of celexa, how long do i have to wait?

jazir5

Greenlighter
i just stopped taking celexa this past sunday(20 mg was the last dosage), how long do i have to wait to get the full effects of rolling, and how long before i can take 5-htp to safely pre-postload?

I hope you tapered down your dose? Other wise you're likely going to go through withdrawals..

I say two weeks, at a minimum. You want to get the drug fully out of your system and spend a week or more getting used to being normal (not medicated) again so that you don't risk any complications.

The longer you wait, the better.

I would recommend against 5-HTP, we don't really know what's going on with your serotonin receptors now and if you just try and shove 5-HT precursors in your brain, Serotonin Syndrome is rather likely. At least at this stage of the game.

I say skip the 5-HTP, wait at least 2 weeks, a month would probably be better, and take a 125-150mg dose and nothing more after that. Always better to be safe than sorry

Honestly I suggest you wait about a full month. Let your body start getting used to life off of Celexa before you start filling it with drugs. Start establishing how you are going to feel off the Celexa first.

It took me 6 months to feel "normal" again when I quit taking Zoloft. So just see how your body feels first, but coming from someone who has taken medicine similar to that, allow your body a month to adjust.

Honestly I suggest you wait about a full month. Let your body start getting used to life off of Celexa before you start filling it with drugs. Start establishing how you are going to feel off the Celexa first.

It took me 6 months to feel "normal" again when I quit taking Zoloft. So just see how your body feels first, but coming from someone who has taken medicine similar to that, allow your body a month to adjust.
Zoloft has a much longer half life and takes weeks to fully clear out of the body. Celexa has a 37 hour half life. I was on 20 mg which was a low dose, and im on lamictal now to manage my anxiety which i know doesnt interact or inhibit mdma. I think ill wait till next sunday to do it, thanks for the advice.

I second the one month wait, it takes about that long for your serotonin system to get back to normal

The down regulation of 5-ht receptors is likely to last a very long time.. I've heard some people say it lasts forever (doubt it, though)..

How long were you on it for?

90% of citalopram will be out of your system in about a week so it's safe to say within 2 weeks there will be insignificantly little to no citalopram in your body.. this will leave your 5-ht reuptake pumps free for MDMA to work but like i said.. your 5-ht receptors will most likely be downregulated for a lot longer.

If you have been on an SSRi for a while not so sure leaping into MDMA consumption as soon as you are 'clear' is such a wise plan.

The chances of reintroducing depression is greatly increased.

I do accept at this point I dont know why you were on cilexa but just thought I would point this out.

To answer your question its very difficult to be specific as we are all different but I would definitely second the one month minimum and ideally several months would not hurt.

MDMA dose wise I would say under 100mG is better at first. Something in the 60mG-100mG zone just my own personal opinion. Coming off SSRis and leaping into the illicit drug scene needs cautionery tactics to ensure mental well being.