• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Cigarette Smoking

geoffreychaucer

Bluelighter
So it seems to me that a lot of drug users smoke cigarettes. Makes sense, its like a socially acceptable buzz that you can augment other drugs with or use when you don't have any other drugs. So I'm curious to know a few things:
1) When did you first start smoking? Was it before or after you got into other drugs?
2) What brand or type are you loyal to?
3) Any plans on quitting? Why or why not?

Thanks guys!
As for me I don't smoke. Its just the money involved and the idea that its really, really bad for my health and really, really addictive. It seems like a hard drug habit minus the illegality, social stigma (although this is changing), and most importantly, the high accompanying high. But I'm not hating or anything, just curious.

Also what drug do you associate with smoking cigarettes? Ex: Tweakers chain-smoking, etc.

Last edited:
I had been smoking for almost ten years. Nicotine was the first drug I got addicted to (in the form of cigarette's). I first preferred Marlboro's (Reds and 27's), and then after going to rehab and experiencing the PLEASURE of a Newport after a shot of heroin, I never looked back...Until this last year when I started to switch to Marlboro Red's/Lights, and then finally to Bugler rolling tobacco as the price of a real pack of Cigarettes now costs more than a bag of dope (and more than 4mg of Xanax as well!).

Anyway, I never really even contemplated quitting until my girlfriend came along, and after months of trying to get me to stop, I gave in (after an asthma attack), and I now have gone eight days without a single smoke. I have been using the gum though, for the first six days I took anywhere from 4x4mg to 6x4mg, but yesterday I got by on only one 4mg piece thinking that I had ran out, and today I found a few more, but still only took one. It's amazing because the urge to smoke has almost completely disappeared. It really is amazing. Kind of makes me hopeful about other things as well.

Whatever you do, once you quit smoking DO NOT DRINK BOOZE. I always caved in and smoked a cigarette as soon as the liquor hit me until I managed to quit both at the same time (over a year without either). Now I can drink without even thinking about cigarettes, and I've managed to stay off the cigs for almost 2 years now.

1)Started at 13, was already drinking by then.
2)Prince cigarettes made in the Netherlands. Regular Red pack and the Blue pack (highland taste). Usually get them when i go to greece bcuz here in america, we only sell american cigarettes... Black Devil's are good as shit. They are delish but will make you sick if you smoke like a carton w/out any regular cigarettes in between to break that taste (there like vanilla flavored or something like that) And of course, camels. Blues, menthols, whatever, camels good. Fuck marlboro, it messes with my throat never liked their tobacco.
3)Yes, i actually did quit a few months ago (im 19 now) but wanted to post in this discussion so yeah, i dip now, go copenhagen, get the new southern blend, that shits good.

^@Effuzion yes alcohol and cigarettes. Like a fly on milk, peas n carrots. You cant have one w/out the other. Even thoug i quit, i will always have a fug or two when drinking.

Have been smoking since I was 13 and have been for less than 10 years.

I have no desire to quit as I just love cigarettes, though I have never had any brand loyalty as I like to mix it up alot though some of my favorites are

-Cowboy Killers
-Smooths
-Maverick Menthol 100s
-Marlboro NXT
-Full flavored Menthol or Reg American Spirits
-Marlboro Skyline
-Wides
-etc etc etc

Would probably be in your local convenient store with a sara palin mask and a sawn-off with out em so its pretty much a good thing.

So it seems to me that a lot of drug users smoke cigarettes. Makes sense, its like a socially acceptable buzz that you can augment other drugs with or use when you don't have any other drugs. So I'm curious to know a few things:
1) When did you first start smoking? Was it before or after you got into other drugs?

Thanks guys!
As for me I don't smoke. Its just the money involved and the idea that its really, really bad for my health and really, really addictive. It seems like a hard drug habit minus the illegality, social stigma (although this is changing), and most importantly, the high accompanying high. But I'm not hating or anything, just curious.
1. i had my first cigarette at age 12, and im 18 now, so 6 years, probably 4 years of smoking habitually, and the other two years i was smoking, but not everyday, or even regularly at all.
2. camel filters, although ive experimented with different brands, ("i wonder how balit shag is, i should try some") and still do, and recently, my cigarette of choice has consistently proved to be Kamel Reds, and then amsterdam shag on special occasions. ive tried most cigarette brands, rolling tobacco specifically.
3. no, because i no longer smoke daily, and i have no real attachment to it, its just.... there. ive quit in the past and it was easier to quit smoking than it was to go 3 days without weed. its simply not very important to me, so letting go of it has never been an issue. my average smoking is around 2 packs a month, usually when im drinking or nodding or tweaking, although when im feeling down, i have a cigarette... if theres nothing stronger available

i could take it or leave it, unlike say, weed or ketamine. i only smoke during appropriate occasions (party, concert, coffee shop, AA meeting....) and only with other people who are smoking. having said that, when i go to a concert, i will buy a pack and then smoke half of it at the concert, and then finish it the next day by myself, but i wont crave it unless its there, (and that goes with most other drugs, too) so if its not around i dont get more, it keeps me from going broke and having another addiction to deal with.

1) Started @15, I'm 21 now. 6 years of daily smoking. I almost immediately became an all day every day smoker. When I was 15 I'd been drinking for a while already. (Not often.)
2) I pretty much only smoke L&M brand, when I don't have cigs I'm not very picky, though this hardly ever happens. I also like camel cigarettes.
3) Nope. I realize it's pretty dumb to blow so much cash on smokes, but I don't see myself quitting any time soon as I'm pretty fond of my little cancersticks.

Also, eww, black devils. Tastes like play dough or something imo.

1.) Been smoking since i was 14 - was the first "drug" i tried, even before alcohol. Took my first puff on a cig when i was about 8 actually!
2.) Smoked a lot of different brands until i found the right one for me, completely loyal to camel blues. Can't smoke anything else unless its a desperate situation really. Love the taste, texture and smell of them. Camel Shifts are also brilliant, and the old school Kamel red's.
3.) Nope no plans on quitting. Way too much pleasure out of them and relieve stress for me, tried to quit once or twice and that just went horribly wrong.

I associate opiates and amphetamines with cigs really - always boost the buzz and make it more intense. Love a good cig while i'm doped up on opiates, but also during the day when i've had my doses of dexedrine too.

I started at 19 rolling spliffs, and I've been smoking off and on since then. I'm 24 now. I don't like the fact that I smoke, but I enjoy spliffs so goddamn much, I'm not actively trying to quit. It's not even the same for me, smoking a bowl and then having a cigarette. Gotta have mah spliffs.

edit to answer OP's ?s:

started smoking after trying other drugs (weed, alcohol, psychs)
no brand loyalty, I stick to rolling tobacco

Last edited:
I started smoking at 14 - it seemed cool and rebellious. I didn't even start inhaling until I smoked my first J when I turned 15, because I'd knew I'd have to inhale to get high. Continued smoking throughout my teens, but never excessively, predominantly socially. At about 18 I was smoking about 10 a day, a lot of my close friends had even more of a habit. One of my friends in particular was on about 30. He gave up a year later after a doctor's visit which confirmed he had ridiculously high blood pressure. A year into his abstinence I decided to do the same because I was getting a lot of chest pains, very susceptible to sore throats, and it seemed a totally pointless habit. Especially with the smoking ban coming to pass. Haven't smoked for about 3 years. So glad it's in the past. Would have been so much harder if it actually got you high. But I do still crave one badly when I'm drinking.

My brand was camel lights, then I went down the rollies route and enjoyed golden Virginia.

I'm from Texas so Mouth tobacco was my first experience since its popular amoungst rednecks. I was 14 and I tried it after baseball practice.
1) Nicotine was my first drug to use, being in highschool booze shortly came after that. Now I'm 22 and in college. I never smoke unless I am under the influence of drugs like alcohol, adderall, norcos, or benzos. Other than that I never smoke.
2)I'm loyal to marlboro lights or ultra lights while under the influence
3)Do not plan on quitting because it is a recreational kind of activity. Not a habbit

Started smoking at 15, now nearly 22.
I do now regret it, quittings a bitch.

I'm not a fan of the smell, the taste, the cost or its effects on my health.
Though I do enjoy its calming effect.

Love a cig on pretty much every drug.
Especially MDMA and speed.

I suppose its always nice having a pint and a cig.

I roll my joints with cig tobacco... to quit smokning id have to roll puries or use a bong/pipe...

In honesty I wish I never started. It is what it is, I'll quit eventually.

Thanks guys!

Also what drug do you associate with smoking cigarettes? Ex: Tweakers chain-smoking, etc.

haha same here!
sort of. aside from ecigs. :)

haha same here!
sort of. aside from ecigs. :)

I bought an ecig, didn't work for me.
I missed the harshness on the throat a real cig gives.
I do like the fact you can smoke them inside/get fferent flavours though.

There nifty things, I might even give them another go.

The first cig I had was when I was 8, a Virginia Slim 120. So way before drugs. I started smoking regularly when I was 12 so almost 9 years strong now.

Unless I'm bumming one, I will only smoke Parliament Lights or Newport Pleasures. I don't intend to change brands.

No plans to quit right now, although its always in the back of my mind. I've tried so many times, maybe I'll quit if I can think of a good non-nicotine fix.

i started smoking after being in rehab. bought my first pack in this past may. they feel amazing on alcohol and when im zonked on benzos, they even me out and ground me. i always smoke ciggs before i smoke weed because i like the weed high alone, the nicotine distorts it for me. on stimulants, ciggs are sex!i i chain smoke on amphetmaines, MDMA, and stimulant RC chems. feels soo good, but does increase the anxiety. i was on LSD yesterday, and i didn't smoke 1 cigg. well, on the comedown i went downtown and drank and smoked 2 ciggs then but only 2 ciggs a day is a good day hahahha. on opiates, ciggs feel amazing aswell. they make me more social, but if i am nauseous i CANNOT smoke ciggs; nicotine also causes nausea for me. but usually, its a good expeirence. smoking after a meal on subs and benzos is amazing

i started with newports because alot of my heroin using friends/connect smoked newports and bummming cigs for lines of dope is winning. and newports fell fucking awesome on heroin. then i switched to turkish royals because they just taste so fucking good, and i got on suboxone. realized i didn't like menthol. then i tried american spirits, and that is all i buy. i like NAS because they burn longer, i don't feel as dirty fterwards, i feel better about inhaling carcinogens, i like the taste, like the buzz.

i'm young, i will quit eventually %)

Last edited:
I had my first cigarette at fifteen.... thanks to my wonderful brother. Anyways I never smoked much but whenever I was around my brother you knew I had to have my newport with my alcohol and weed. So throughout these past years I barely would smoke but as of lately Ive been more. Due to increased stress and just because I can now.... However, I usually make a pack last long and I end up picking it up but dropping it quick. I'm not dependent on cigarettes but I do crave them at times especially if I'm not smoking pot.... and if I'm not smoking pot I want to smoke something. Anyways I believe a cigarette goes good with any drug to be honesy except hallucinogens. In the end I think I will stop smoking soon because I'm not dependent on them and I could save the money.

1. Had first cig at 14, was already smoking weed, eating Xanax pretty often, and sometimes Cocaine. Didnt become a habit until I was 16, been struggling with quitting since then. I cant count how many times Ive tried to quit.

2. L&M.

3. I dont like this addiction at all, but I justify it since I have no access to any other substances (except for Alcohol) and I feel like Ill lose my mind without something regularly psychoactive, no matter how mild it is. Id much rather be addicted to cigarettes than Alcohol, thats for damn sure.