• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Cigarette Smoking

i was 8 when i smoked my first bogie with my older cousin(10yrs old)
we smoked GPC's hahaa dont even know if they still exist

im loyal to Marlboro Red's, but went through a Newport 100's phase for awhile.

i want to quit, but no plans yet.

GPC is still around. I see em at the gas stations here. someone actually bought a pack today when I was visiting my girl at work. Newport 100s all day, errday.

i recommend y'all get yourselves an e-cig. since getting mine i haven't even had a craving for a cigarette nor lit one up. admitedly the e-cig is a little addictive in itself especially once you've concocted a decent flavour you enjoy yourself. i'm currently vaping a menthol/strawberry blend and it's splendid. sooooooo much cheaper than pouch tobacco and a hell of a lot nicer. it's just the small startup investment (less than $100 for the type of e-cigs i was given, 2 in total, batteries included!) of the e-cigs and then the flavourings. thereafter it's just purchasing flavours and any extra accessories your little heart desires to pimp dat e-cig.

cannot recommend enough. seriously!

i recommend y'all get yourselves an e-cig. since getting mine i haven't even had a craving for a cigarette nor lit one up. admitedly the e-cig is a little addictive in itself especially once you've concocted a decent flavour you enjoy yourself. i'm currently vaping a menthol/strawberry blend and it's splendid. sooooooo much cheaper than pouch tobacco and a hell of a lot nicer. it's just the small startup investment (less than $100 for the type of e-cigs i was given, 2 in total, batteries included!) of the e-cigs and then the flavourings. thereafter it's just purchasing flavours and any extra accessories your little heart desires to pimp dat e-cig.

cannot recommend enough. seriously!

i hear that! i had an e cig and it was awesome but i seem to have misplaced it. :/
i noticed when i had my e cig i could breathe better. and to be honest i hate cigs man, its an addiction.
where you buy yours at with all the flavors tentram?
mine was just a simple, plain, no flavor havin e cig lol

I don't blaze spliffs any more for financial reasons, I smoke off and on, and I'm brand loyal to lucky strikes unfiltered.

Back on after quiting for awhile

Turkish royals, think the dope does it to me.

Never a big fan of cigs but prolly smoked for a year or two.

i've smoked on and off since the same age i used opiates, at age 16 (i am 30 now). i've smoked up to a pack a day when younger, and abstained for as long as 3 years without a single cigarette. i now smoke a small amount of cigarettes a day, usually less than one pack a week. i love them and never see myself quitting.

1. First time with a friend of mine when we were like 13 or something I don't remember exactly, stole them out of a neighbors back yard. Didn't get addicted to them till some time after that. It predates first use of other drugs I'm fairly sure, though probably not by a whole lot, and is after first time using alcohol.
2. No particular loyalty
3. I think about quitting all the time, more and more as I get closer to the dreaded age of 30 (bit over 3 more years left). Have quit for periods of time on and off. Problem is I truly do enjoy smoking a lot even if it's a really shitty habit. It's also the only other habit I have that can compete with the level of chemical enslavement I feel to opiates.

I most associate with opiates and amphetamines, both make me wanna smoke. Getting high on opiates and smoking is one of my favorite things to do.

Last edited:
I started smoking when I was 17 and quite when I was 23 (I'm currently 26). My favorite brands were Camels, in particular Turkish Royals.

It was a great life decision to quit. I've felt my health improve more than after stopping just about any other drug. Even moderate smoking had an impact on my ability to exert my heart/lungs.

The first time I ever smoked I was about 10, but became a regular smoker by age 14 (I'm currently 24)

I smoke L&Ms most of the time but occasionally buy American Spirit tan when I have the extra money.

Not sure about quitting, I enjoy it too much which is a lame excuse but oh well.

I started smoking cigarettes shortly before I was initiated into pot and pain pills, at a pretty young age. I enjoyed combining cigs with all kinds of drugs, especially opiates, uppers, psychedelics, alcohol. I started with Winstons and then moved to Newports, because my girl at the time smoked them, we always were borrowing each other's cigarettes, path of least resistance you know, and ev eventually I got into menthols. After 20 years or so I quit cold turkey, but I'll still have one a couple times a week usually in combination with alcohol, or on the rare occasions I indulge in an opiate, these being the only drugs I actively use these days.

thats not even realy that good of a price, you can get duty free for less than half that

1) I started messing around with cigarettes when I was 10 or 11 years old. (Is there any better indication one is destined for substance abuse problems later in life?) Made it into a habit at 14. My grandmother used to buy them for me, right from the start at 14. Ugh. Started other drugs JUST after that.

2) Smoked Kools for years. Switched to American Spirits because they aren’t as horrible for you as the regular shits with all the additives. Now I roll them myself. I spend in a week what I used to spend every day. The machine payed for itself in a couple days.

3) I would absolutely love to, but I’m almost resigned to the fact I’ll never be able to. I quit for almost two years back in 2009, and went back to it when I made a mess of my life and didn’t care anymore. I’ve tried a few times since then and have been wildly unsuccessful each time. The mental aspect of addiction to cigarettes is on its very own level. Nothing else is close.

You’re smart not to pick it up. I HATE that I can’t stop, and feel worse and worse about it the older I get.

I started smoking at 14. I have no plans of quitting smoking obviously, because I don't even want to quit drugs. I'm not picky when it comes to cigarettes but I would say my favs are
-Marlboro red
-Prince (these are great)

Never really liked smoking, the nicotine buzz is very short and all the smoek causes headache, I prefer snuss, it works very long and more stable. Morning snuss is best but also causes strong anxiety so for this reason might need to quit it.

I had my first cigarette when I was 13/14, I think. Dad was a smoker, rolled his own cigarettes. One weekend when I was at his place and he was still asleep early in the morning I was rummaging through some of his cabinets and came across a rolling machine where you put the tobacco in and you squeeze it into these premade filters. I thought I was really cool and started doing it regularly when I was over at his place, although I didn't inhale back then.

Somewhere around '97 or '98, I was still in high school, and I learned to smoke over my lungs because I had made a couple of friends who did cannabis and I wanted to join them. In Holland it's pretty customary to put tobacco in your joints. It didn't take me very long to pick up smoking just cigarettes by themselves. Soon I had a 2 pack a day habit.

In the following years I tried to quit multiple times, unsuccessfully. Especially when having a beer the cravings for a cigarette would get unbearable, like others here have mentioned. It wasn't until mid 2010 when I decided to stop drinking completely that I was able to quit smoking as well. Now 8 years later I have picked up the booze again but I haven't started smoking, nor do I want to. I feel a lot better since I don't smoke anymore.

I do snus, though. Picked that up when I was working in Finland. It's different from smoking though. I can do snus for a few weeks and then just put it aside and don't touch it without any of the terrible cravings that ciggies would give me. Still gives me a nice and long lasting buzz, too. Snus is pretty great, I love it. I always get the Odens brand.

Only problem is, since I got so used to smoking joints with tobacco in them, when I leave it out they don't taste like I want them to. I have a vaporizer but it always tastes "off", I'm missing something which to me feels like an essential part of toking up.