View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are amber glass vials in a freezer the best method for storing fumarate?
Amber glass vials are the best method for storing everything, IMHO. Fumarate salts seem pretty hardy, but for more fragile things it would be best to get some vials. It doesn't matter how many layers of baggies you use, plastic bags just aren't airtight. It's worth it to pick up some vials, especially since they're so cheap, relative to what you're putting in them: http://www.specialtybottle.com/2dramamberglassvialwblkcap.aspx

50 cents seems worth it to me. Plus, they look a lot classier ;) I keep my vials in a mason jar with desiccant in the freezer.

Last edited:
Amber glass vials are the best method for storing everything, IMHO. Fumarate salts seem pretty hardy, but for more fragile things it would be best to get some vials. It doesn't matter how many layers of baggies you use, plastic bags just aren't airtight. It's worth it to pick up some vials, especially since they're so cheap, relative to what you're putting in them: http://www.specialtybottle.com/2dramamberglassvialwblkcap.aspx

50 cents seems worth it to me. Plus, they look a lot classier ;) I keep my vials in a mason jar with desiccant in the freezer.

Thanks for the tips! Just bought these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170647635349?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I expect them any day now. Glad I can start properly storing this stuff, since I'm a big fan. After receiving some in June, I didn't know much about it and just stored it in a small baggie inside a prescription bottle, inside a black leather ottoman with a removable top. It has since degraded into brown, crumbly powder, almost like brown sugar. Got a new batch earlier this week and it is a fine white powder. Hopefully this batch lasts a bit longer!

i got some 4acodmt gthat was brown and clumpy when i first recieved it. the vendor said that it was supposed to be a brown powder and it was strange to him that it was clump. so i guess it's weird that it was a brown powder in the first place but i digress.

my first trip i had a very bad set and setting so i had a bad time at first which later turned into euphoric bliss later in the trip once i had the help of a friend to calm me down, this was 16mg. week later when it was slightly more dark and moist i took about 20mg with some friends all about 20mg. both times at 16mg and 20mg i had to pee a lot and drink a lot of water and felt light headed and anxious like im gonna pass out on the come up but nothing too too severe really. im sure my anxious mindset had a lot to do with this. a lot of people get these same effects from mushrooms. (a big poll on another forum showed 1 out of 8 mushroom users passes out actually!). but yea this stuff is definitely a mind-fuck for sure

either way the second trip at one point i was almost crying tears of joy at one point and me at one point and my friends and me were all in very high spirits and joyfull moods at the end of our trips. it was definatly a good experience. i couldnt believe my eyes at the visuals at one point. i had some lasting anxiety from it though from some introspection towards the end .but i could say that there this dark brown clumpy moist stuff seemed nice and "clean" and just fine and dandy, nothing worth noting wrong about it aside from some side effects that people also get from mushrooms

also, it's hard for me to walk good on this stuff. both times i stumbled backwards while peeing at points. during the second trip i was peeing in a public stall and i like stumbled out of it backwards with my dick out - lucky nobody else was in the bathroom haha

everybody's batches are different so always be careful and weary i guess. i was surprised that the dosages were so good for moist stuff i'd think that the moisture would have weighed it down. the 4aco has been dried out with desiccants and is now black and hard so i bet it will be even more potent than before per mg since the moisture that was absorbed made it dark i'd guess. there's also reviews for the vendor saying things like "darkest psilacetin i've ever seen but it seems to work just as well"

what im getting at hear is that not all dark/moist/clumpy/goopy 4aco gives bad trips and set and setting are very important even if it were to degrade into psilocin i've experienced first hand people getting nice trips off this goopy stuff.

Last edited:
Planning on trying this some time next week, me a a group of friends are planning to have a `trippy` night in. How reckless would it be for me to introduce 4-Aco-DMT to them? We're all really good friends, a few of us have tried LSD and other psychedelics before but the majority have only done 2c-b. How does it compare?

it is much less forgiving... be careful. also, ime, it comes on extremely fast so be prepared! have fun

I keep them in amber glass vials, in a mason jar, with desiccant in the freezer. The freebase one turns brown in about two weeks if they're kept in the open. I've kept 4-AcO-DMT fumarate at room temperature in the open for about a year with no loss in potency.
Thats good to hear because Im getting the fumerate.

Had an interesting trip with some degraded HCl earlier this week...

Friend and I dosed 15mg in gelcaps. Come up is much slower than the non-degraded form-- took over an hour to feel any effects. The first effects were strange and mostly sedating, like slowly creeping into the psychedelic headspace without much visuals. But then we smoked a bong pack and I absolutely BLASTED off. Had to basically run to a couch in order to lie down and get taken away. Most intense CEVs I've ever had- being taken through bizarre and impossible geometric landscapes. I felt like the 4-AcO entity was trying to show me something new. OEVs were nothing too special. Also the trip had a much more abrupt end than I'm used to. Suddenly, after only 4-5 hours, back to near baseline. Very interesting.

Last edited:
If anyone else has left their body on this substance I'd love to see their trip report.

My first trip with the stuff was indeed magical. Since then though, the substance has become more unforgiving and repeated attempts to avoid serious, serious introspection on it have failed. It doesn't change my high regard for the stuff, it only makes me more apprehensive to use it--more for later, I guess?

Same thing here. My first 4 or so trips on this substance were absolutely wonderful - after that every trip became a rather difficult affair usually resulting in me curled up in bed in the foetal position begging for it to end soon.

My personal theory was always that this came due to the degradation over time of this into Psilocin, which comes up more rapidly and hits you a lot harder - and doesn't have quite the smooth feel of this.

I'd like to see if getting a new fresh batch would return the magic of the first few times or if my theory was completely off base.

That said, the difficult experiences I believe were largely related to the social anxiety I was refusing to deal with. Having now dealt with and beaten my social anxiety, my last trip with 4-AcO-DMT was still rather fun - still a few slightly difficult moments though and it wasn't quite the magical mindblowing psychedelic ecstasy of those first few trips.

I've acquired a brown clumpy fumarate batch, and have been having good experiences with it. I'm storing it in a fridge inside several plastic baggies with desiccants and oxygen absorbers. No sign of degradation after a month or so, still clumpy, brown and dry.

Same thing here. My first 4 or so trips on this substance were absolutely wonderful - after that every trip became a rather difficult affair usually resulting in me curled up in bed in the foetal position begging for it to end soon.

My personal theory was always that this came due to the degradation over time of this into Psilocin, which comes up more rapidly and hits you a lot harder - and doesn't have quite the smooth feel of this.

I'd like to see if getting a new fresh batch would return the magic of the first few times or if my theory was completely off base.

That said, the difficult experiences I believe were largely related to the social anxiety I was refusing to deal with. Having now dealt with and beaten my social anxiety, my last trip with 4-AcO-DMT was still rather fun - still a few slightly difficult moments though and it wasn't quite the magical mindblowing psychedelic ecstasy of those first few trips.

How often did you trip on 4-aco-dmt? Maybe the trips can be spaced more on 4-aco than other (milder) psychedelics. I only tried psilacetin once, and was the more euphoric cleanest experience I have with any other psych, if succesive experiences turn it rougher, I'll make me sad :(

By another side, a few users says that they developed bad comedowns on 4-ho-met (scary tachycardia, fainting, etc) when the first time(s) were comedown free and great in general. Can be "ofteness" issues the responsable of all this confusion?

I think that chemical degradation leading to rougher experiences is a bit far-fetched. Its more a change in setting that makes it feel more dark. When you eat a chemical that looks degraded you will automatically feel like youre putting something unpure and contaminated in you which will more easily lead to negative thoughts. Also degradation might affect the onset which of course changes the whole trip. Mushrooms are for me so different everytime i take them and on most trips on shrooms i experience atleast some dark moments. Shrooms have always been more diffcult for me than most other psychedelics. Seeing how similar 4-Aco-DMT is to shrooms i dont find it at all weird that people have "dark" trips on it.

On a side-note i have stored 4-Aco-DMT HCL in room-temperature in a ziplock bag inside a mason jar with dessicant and oxygen absorbers for over a year and havent noticed any degradation. So im guessing oxygen plays a much bigger role in degradation than heat, for this compound.

4-aco-dmt changes (slowly) into 4-oh-dmt so it becomes 'darker' like shrooms? Im just guessing..

Got some freebase in my hand. I can smell that its more potent. Gonna try and vape it in my mflb, wonder if it works, else i just eat 30 mg. Wish me luck %)

^ otherwise you could try vaping the freebase off very hot borosilicate glass, eg a pyrex dish, vial or test-tube, with the Magic Flight Launch Box borosilicate stem. I'd be wary of using the MFLB itself but maybe it's okay - I have one myself but use it strictly for weed.

It will be very interesting to read more about vaped freebase effects, this is an incredible compound.

I don't know if it was already posted but this video: http://vimeo.com/33812651 about the research of psilocybin and 25I-Nbome causing neurogenesis is very interesting.
I guess the results could be applied to 4-Aco-Dmt too, or at least i hope, after watching the video i decided to follow the intermittent repeated use like in the test, slightly more than 0,1mg/kg once every week.
Even if my 4-Aco-Dmt has become really sticky and oily, it was already brown when i bought it, it still works since 8mg were enough for a +2 that lasted around 4 hours.
IMO in that study they used the 25I-Nbome in the wrong way if they wanted to keep the proportions to compare results with psilocybin, since Nbome is 150 times more potent, they should have used far smaller doses and i think they would have obtained similar results, moreover they didn't use 25I-Nbome with intermittent repeated use but only for the acute effect, that is sad because i was really interested in watching the rusults.
Well lets hope this study will continue and will prove the potential of these substances :)

Neurogenesis is the future. I'm all for that shizzle =D Maybe McKenna was right about mushrooms and evolutionary advantage :)

Last edited:
My experiences with 4-aco-dmt have always resembled, nearly entirely, that of mushrooms, but others I know compared the same batch more to their experiences of LSD.
Am I the only one that would be struck by this as "odd"? Perhaps they got something other than LSD I wonder...

My experiences with 4-aco-dmt have always resembled, nearly entirely, that of mushrooms, but others I know compared the same batch more to their experiences of LSD.
Am I the only one that would be struck by this as "odd"? Perhaps they got something other than LSD I wonder

Well I have read on more thanone occasion that if somebody inexpierenced and sometimes even expierenced people when given synthetic psiocin and lsd would barely be able to differntiate the trip. As the comeup is 15-30 min and both are tryptamines and have similarities, although lsd would last almost twice as long.
Me personally 4acodmt is a cleaner more lucid and better trip than shrooms, but definetley more like shrooms than lsd. Lsd has its own properties and effects that nothing has come close to mimicking entirely.
Plus shrooms and synthetic shrooms are different as the fungus has different alkaloids and a mix of chemiclas that may not be entirely psychoactive but do influence the trip and the rate of absorbtion does effect the trip as it does with all substances. just like peyote, san pedro and synthetic mescaline all have similar chemicals they all have uniqye blend of differnt ones that effect you.
And if you want to get a little more "theoretical" a shroom is a living organism with a consciusness where as a chemical probably doesnt have one so injesting shrooms you may also be influenced by the living beings consciousness...maybe not...justa crazy theory.
But all trips are differnt and i have taken the same sustance and had totally different effects....it is not totally the substance that effects you but also your mind, set and setting
hope this helps!

Just yesterday i finally tried 4-AcO-DMT @ 10mgs. Besides this small dose lacked a bit of an deep introspective headspace, the high was nice and at points far stronger than anticipated. Wouldn't compare it to shrooms, but it's a nice substance on it's own!

^ otherwise you could try vaping the freebase off very hot borosilicate glass, eg a pyrex dish, vial or test-tube, with the Magic Flight Launch Box borosilicate stem. I'd be wary of using the MFLB itself but maybe it's okay - I have one myself but use it strictly for weed.

It will be very interesting to read more about vaped freebase effects, this is an incredible compound.

I agree, it is incredible stuff:) It makes me feel so good and happy every time. Played black ops 2 on it and when some UK guy standing in front of me and started whining ( what the fuck are u doing y are u not moving u fu.. blah blah.. ) i just coulndt stop laughing. I was just enjoying the view and the poor guy didnt know even if i was moving i wasnt much of a help anyway:D

It can be vaped safe in the MFLB. U put in a little piece of paper towel and put the 4 aco dmt on top of it. It wil vaporize in a few seconds.( i do have the stronger batts) And the paper wil become wet but no contact with the trench :) (maybe dmt works too :p)
I only tried 5mg and i could feel little effect but i wanted to trip hard that night so i took another 25 mg orally. Will test big dose in MFLB next time.

Anyone knows how long i can store the freebase in the fridge? (not freezer) And is it just me or is 2C-B totally boring and sh*t stuff compared to 4-aco-mt? Tried it a few times and it always makes me feel like shit and i regret taking it. Last time after 15 mg 2c-b i took 15 mg of 4-aco-dmt and i felt from bad to great after an hour.

I agree, it is incredible stuff:) It makes me feel so good and happy every time. Played black ops 2 on it and when some UK guy standing in front of me and started whining ( what the fuck are u doing y are u not moving u fu.. blah blah.. ) i just coulndt stop laughing. I was just enjoying the view and the poor guy didnt know even if i was moving i wasnt much of a help anyway:D

It can be vaped safe in the MFLB. U put in a little piece of paper towel and put the 4 aco dmt on top of it. It wil vaporize in a few seconds.( i do have the stronger batts) And the paper wil become wet but no contact with the trench :) (maybe dmt works too :p)
I only tried 5mg and i could feel little effect but i wanted to trip hard that night so i took another 25 mg orally. Will test big dose in MFLB next time.

Anyone knows how long i can store the freebase in the fridge? (not freezer) And is it just me or is 2C-B totally boring and sh*t stuff compared to 4-aco-mt? Tried it a few times and it always makes me feel like shit and i regret taking it. Last time after 15 mg 2c-b i took 15 mg of 4-aco-dmt and i felt from bad to great after an hour.

2c-b is nothing like 4-aco-dmt for me. 4-aco-dmt is WAY more emotional and euphoric than 2c-b. 2c-b for me, is more like sensory enhancement with very neutral emotional response compared with 4-aco

Status
Not open for further replies.