• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

⫸STICKY⫷ 3,4-methylenedioxy-N&PD SOCIAL THREAD v. 1

Well it all depends on what your current knowledge is. Do you know any cell biology, brain physiology, or pharmacology? Not trying to be redundant I swear!

Well it all depends on what your current knowledge is. Do you know any cell biology, brain physiology, or pharmacology? Not trying to be redundant I swear!

My knowledge is ok, but I really need to go back to the basics and learn things indepth for a thorough core understanding. I have some understanding about the serotonergic system, central executive functions (I conducted a dissertation on this - exercise & cognition) & the neurobiology of addiction as this area intrigues myself. In areas, my knowledge is advanced and in others its non existent. I just want a solid book which provides the foundational knowledge.

Thanks for your help.

We need add to be more active. Do you guys need another mod? Pullleèeeaàse.

Did you know clonazepam increases growth hormone? Haha.

Forums like this are never that busy but I think that's fine. It emphasizes quality over quantity.

Thanks! That honestly means so much coming from you.

And why isn't D-Deprenyl scheduled ;)

Seems like a promising new treatment for resistant depression/attention disorders.

I wouldn't expect it to be much different from l-deprenyl--that's a tiny, tiny amount of d-meth and d-amp that it catabolizes to.

ebola

Also like d-amphetamine, d-deprenyl maintained drug-seeking behavior in a dose-dependent manner, with rates and patterns of responding similar those maintained by the most effective dose of d-amphetamine (0.56 mg/kg). In contrast, mean response rates maintained by l-deprenyl were much lower than those maintained by either d-amphetamine or d-deprenyl, showing only a hint of an inverted U-shaped dose-effect function, with a peak in mean response rates at 1.0 mg/kg and a decline in response rates at the high 10 mg/kg dose.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1360227/

Typical doses of l-deprenyl for humans range from ~.05 mg/kg to .15 mg/kg (administered sublingually or trans-dermally). This study involved intravenous administration of d-deprenyl at doses ranging from 1 to 3 mg/kg. So yes, I would expect the metabolites to prove behaviorally relevant at 6.67 to 60 times the typical dosages. :p

ebola

it didn't matter how much l-deprenyl they administered, though... it never produced reinforcing behavior. ho chi minh's question "And why isn't D-Deprenyl scheduled?" is a good question... d-deprenyl looks like it could potentially be a drug of abuse. at 6x-60x doses, sure, but amphetaine heads take 6x-60x dosages too.

I think that another couple parts of the story are that d-deprenyl is not a common prescription drug, and clandestine syntheses are nonexistent, so scheduling is unnecessary. The DEA typically avoids scheduling compounds when the additional publicity it would give them outweighs the amount of recreational use the regulations would be expected to prevent. Also, deprenyl's typical synthesis involves methamphetamine as a precursor (heh...doing a bit to explain why d-deprenyl was not pursued as a prescription medication).

ebola

I don't see how anything you said has a consequence on its recreational potential. Its clearly a recreational compound.

Minh, I don't believe ebola was saying that it wasn't potentially recreational. He was responding to this:

ho chi minh's question "And why isn't D-Deprenyl scheduled?" is a good question... d-deprenyl looks like it could potentially be a drug of abuse. at 6x-60x doses, sure, but amphetaine heads take 6x-60x dosages too.

Simply explaining why it likely isn't scheduled like other drugs with similar abuse potential.

Last edited:
1. Yup, you read my intent correctly and
2. being mistaken for Sekio is fairly flattering. ;)

ebola

Which sterioisomer of amphetamine is considered more toxic?

D-amphetamine, to the best of my knowledge DAT mediated uptake is linked to toxicity and it has a far greater affinity for that transporter than L-amphetamine. For reasons that only kind of make sense the NE system is durable as hell so NET uptake doesn't really cause any damage to the nerve terminals.

Granted I don't know how relevant if at all that would be in humans/anything outside a Petri dish.

So many amphetamine pro-drugs! So few in use!

CEO of Shire wakes up one day with a revelation: "How about we create a drug which is metabolized to amphetamine in the body, but slowly, so that we can patent it as a new, abuse-proof drug and don't have to worry about possible inefficacy!"

Scientist: "they already have those" *lists clobenzerex, benzphetamine, others*

CEO: "well make another one! I want more goddamn money!"

So many phenethylamines/cathinones which are under-utilized.