• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

⫸STICKY⫷ 3,4-methylenedioxy-N&PD SOCIAL THREAD v. 1

For the last decade, I've been a social scientist with specialization in classical and contemporary sociological theory (with intermittent work in statistical analysis and some research work in cognitive neuroscience from long ago). It seems that I've somehow just osmosed a lot of information? :p

ebola

The title of this thread made me quite literally laugh out loud. Am I easily amused?

Passing a slow evening by reading everything and anything that I can find on allylescaline. It's a strange little side-interest of mine, the mescaline family.

i see it was already shared on this page, but its worth resharing. and embedded this time instead of linked.

ld50.png

My second laugh of the night. Thank you.

I recognized it. I adore xkcd. I remember seeing that comic when it was published and being pleasantly surprised by the reference.

You know? There is a strong acid that is only sometimes being an acid, and sometimes it doesn't!

It's called HIO4

How's everybody doing?

I am glad to see such great mods here. I hope to visit this sub forum more often.

Did anyone else who attended public school in the US learn that identical twins are slightly telepathic?

I must've just had a crazy Science teacher, or one who liked to fuck with us. There's these twin girls in my grad-school class and I'm gonna ask them about telepathy, to break the ice. I'm pretty sure they'll tell me they read one another's thoughts.

We did learn a lot of fallacious shit in public schools though.

Anybody here studying pharmacology at university? You guys are so eloquent I'm curious what you're working on.

I'm nervous to say what I'm doing, other than it's a professional degree in the medical sciences. I'm thinking about going for a PhD, but I kind of want to start earning once I graduate.

I am mostly interested in organic chemistry and my interest in pharmacology is a result of this and my interest in how our whole world works like. I've recently started studying chemistry again. I had a 3-year break due to various health problems and I didn't manage to get a master's degree. I even started studying IT during the break, but I quit it when I realised chemistry is my biggest passion and I want to learn it because it simply makes me happy. I don't really care about the money I could earn in the future, it's not a factor at all, but I'm definitely not a person who would accept an underpayment. I seriously consider staying at some university but I still have plenty of time and perhaps I will have a better opportunity to research. As I was thinking about it a few days ago, it made me kind of scared when I realised I actually hadn't planned studying chemistry again. It would be such a shame because studying IT didn't make me happy at all, it was such a tiresome duty. I'm really glad I've started changing my life so I can live the way I've always wanted. The past doesn't matter but the knowledge got through past experiences.

Why are you nervous to reveal what you study? :>

Last edited:
Why are you nervous to reveal what you study? :>

Because this is a recreational drug use board, although hopefully its fairly obvious to an outside observer that I am here for the information alone (don't even use anything but alcohol any more).

All right, that's fine. :) Although I used to be very addicted to opioids and benzodiazepines, and I am still on Suboxone, I don't study chemistry to work in shady business. Chemistry is such a broad science that there is a lot of interesting stuff completely unrelated to psychoactive substances one may do with it. I explain this to every person who looks at me suspiciously when I mention I study chemistry.

Because this is a recreational drug use board, although hopefully its fairly obvious to an outside observer that I am here for the information alone (don't even use anything but alcohol any more).
This is a harm reduction forum

Nothing technically shady about that ;)

I've transferred into a serious agoraphobe hermit so irony not withstanding being the creator of this social environment, I'm mixed in the feeling department.

You cat's keep cooking, clasping, grasping, and flip-brewing complex compounds for catatonic catostraphic calamitous cool.

Please. You're doing gods work.