• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

first time taking alprazolam (Xanax)

420pusher

Greenlighter
so thursday was mhy first time taking a benzo and it was 3 pills of .5mg and it was amazing. But ever since then I been craving more and its all I think about. I wants to know what the best way to take them for longest/best high and if its possible to get hooked the first time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, welcome to Bluelight.

Please take a few minutes and read the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) and the OD Guidelines, as you agreed to upon creation of your account. The links are in my signature.

We do not use SWIM here, it does not offer you any protection against incrimination.

Alprazolam is a very potent CNS depressant, it's a benzodiazepine with heavy anxiolytic action. You took 1.5mg your first time, which is a lot. Most people start at 0.25mg... you took many times this amount. Please be aware that it's extremely dangerous to mix CNS depressants such as alprazolam (Xanax) with other CNS depressants, such as alcohol, opioid pain medication, other benzodiazepines, hypnotics, sedatives, etc. Mixing CNS depressants can cause fatal respiratory depression.

OD-->BDD

so thursday was mhy first time taking a benzo and it was 3 pills of .5mg and it was amazing. But ever since then I been craving more and its all I think about. I wants to know what the best way to take them for longest/best high and if its possible to get hooked the first time?

quick response: no

longer but almost as quick response: not physically. mentally, not likely, but possible.

if this was your first time taking a benzo you already messed up by taking way too much. BL isn't here to help you abuse your medication. Lower your dosage next time to avoid addiction and space out your subsequent dosages by a few days if possible.

eh, 1.5 xanax isn't THAT much really if you were planning on using it recreationally(not every xanax someone takes is prescribed by their doctor), but if it was prescribed and you start abusing them at that dose you are on a fast road to benzo dependency. I REALLY suggest you take a step back and re-think this strong urge to take more and try to ignore it. From an outsider's view and someone who is tapering OFF benzos and going through hell, it sounds rather unhealthy and the start of a bad addiction. I'm not saying taking it again is going to harm you, but you better either lower the dose and/or space the doses at least 4-6 days apart, in my opinion.

for ANY FIRST TIME USER OF BENOZ, ESP. XANAX, 1.5mg is enough to cause a blackout, or knock you out. for example i spent 4 years in state prison, and awhile after i got out, i took 1mg (football) and i got so disorientated and loopy, that i knew if had taken another 1MG i would of been passed out..0.5mg for the first tiem user is plenty to feel the effects, going over 1mg is going into the risk-zone..

tagamet will increase the duration and BA of xanax. . take 400-600mg 30-60mins before you take your xanax dose/

tagamet will increase the duration and BA of xanax. . take 400-600mg 30-60mins before you take your xanax dose/

This^^ I've found as low as 200mg works for me. For me .5 xanax with one tagamet 45min before will feel about the same as 1mg.

for ANY FIRST TIME USER OF BENOZ, ESP. XANAX, 1.5mg is enough to cause a blackout, or knock you out. for example i spent 4 years in state prison, and awhile after i got out, i took 1mg (football) and i got so disorientated and loopy, that i knew if had taken another 1MG i would of been passed out..0.5mg for the first tiem user is plenty to feel the effects, going over 1mg is going into the risk-zone..

I really beg to differ, but okay. you have your opinion, possibly you are sensitive to blacking out...

^ I beg to differ as well. Alprazolam 0.5mg was the second benzo prescribed to me after a short term period of 0.5mg Lorazepam Sublingual tablets. I was brand new to benzos at the time as well and 1.5 Alprazolam I could barely feel. It wasn't until I took about 4mg that I actually got tired. But then again, I think I already had a natural tolerance to GABAergics since my dad is an Alcoholic and uses GHB from time to time.

For recreational purposes, I would not go over 1MG as that will just "kill" the "high"
In other words, it would not be that recreational because you will just doze off and be in a deep sleep pretty much all day.
Just stick with 0.5MG or even 0.75MG if you want to just enjoy the recreational effects of it WITHOUT knocking you out or falling asleep...

1 -2mg for a first user is usually good.

It worked ok for me and i had a naturally high tolerance to Benzos.

Careful though... because 9 months after that first 1-2 mg dose i was using 300mg Alprazolam in a 24-36 period and was still not feeling the same effects as the 1-2mg i was taking 9 months previous.