• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Pod tea/6 large pods) Experienced user/Play by play evening with a pod tea drinker

chiparoo2

Greenlighter
This is to let people like me know what to expect, in some cases, regarding potency of some of the pods in the USA available at this time and to just overall share my particular experience with this batch. First I obtained some large P. Somniferum pods from an online vendor advertising perfect poppy pods. The pods looked good from my experience but that can be very misleading.
I took 6 pods and ground them to a fine powder in my coffee grinder. Then I made tea in my coffee maker using six cups of water and some fresh lemon juice.

8:45 p.m. - I drank all of the tea. I think it is important to note that this has been the darkest tea I have been able to make from any pods I have procured from the last 3 vendors before these. Previously in the past couple of months the tea has looked like green tea instead of the dark look I am used to seeing from good pods so that was encouraging.

9:15 p.m. - One half hour later and no noticeable effects. I also want to note that I have drank some weak poppy seed tea earlier today but if these are good pods I should still be able to tell the effects shortly.

9:30 p.m. - Well, in my experience I should definitely be feeling some effects by now and I am not. I have drank a lot of seed and pod tea and good pod tea will override seed tea every time. So it seems I have wasted more hard earned money on trash pods. I feel really sad about this. What with the darker color and all I really thought I had come on some decent pods again. If I do get a buzz I will reply to this post and let you know. Please be careful with your money and your body with the crap people are trying to sell as the type of pods I am looking for. Wish I had better news for you all. Peace

You shouldn't use a coffee maker, just steep in water and filter out using a tea strainer. Usually the darker and more bitter it is, the more potent. But yeah, good pods are hard to find, it's why I quit.

That's such a shame, good sir.
I hope you weren't set back too much by the payment.
Make sure to point out this vendor's fraudulent habits on other boards; make sure nobody else wastes their money.
Better luck next time, kind sir! %)

I know this is Pod Tea, but I use Seed tea extensively and used to think that darker the color the more stronger, but this is wrong. I recently came accross a batch of seeds that when washed, produced an almost see through type yellow, not very dark at all compared to other batches I have had, and it KNOCKED my socks off...

^yeah that's true. I've had dark dark tea that was extremely weak. It was quite disappointing as i was expecting to be hit by a very strong high.

it sounds like OP's experience is becoming more and more common. I won't even order pods because there is too much of a risk that they are going to be shit. Sorry to hear OP, i know that feeling and it sucks. I would be a little sad as well.

Pod tea can take up to 2 hrs. to kick in... coffee maker works fine for me, but use the lower temp setting if you have it...

Papaver Somniferum

You have to get the pods from the right vendor. I ordered pods a year ago from a legit vendor and they were the best I have had. My parents found me in my room once off pod tea after I had nodded off while sitting up in my chair (lol). While I know I can't talk about where I got my pods all I can say is that you want the "papaver somniferum" pods. If you don't know whether they are papaver somniferum pods then don't buy them. And another thing I miss the days when you could buy pods off ebay.

Also, does anyone know whether there would be more alkaloid content per weight in the larger pods, or would it be roughly the same for the medium/small pods?

You can't really judge them on size- I've had kick-ass small/ med pods, as well as large/jumbo. But I usually went with medium- large. Shit, in the good ol days, when you could find a bunch of e-bay vendors. It's not even worth it nowadays.

goddamn, if i had written a "report" for every time i made tea.
it was a daily tradition, like with the british.
i agree, the market is too shit now. =[

I mean the market does suck right now, especially since the prices tripled after pods were taken off ebay. But I'm planning on getting some more. We'll see if there's still quality pods out there. Thanks for the info on the medium pods. That will save me some money and make the price a little less outrageous.
Now I know poppy tea is a very inefficient way of ingesting morphine so you are not going to get anywhere near that dose. I prefer to make pod tea from grinder up pods, using a coffee grinder, which is probably the best way of utilizing the pods. Then I ingest the grinded up pods.

Probably the best way of determining how good the pods are is by comparing them to prescription narcotics, such as vicodin and percocet. The last batch of pods I got was a pound which is about 50 pods. I'd say that making tea from 5 pods then ingesting the poppy pod powder equaled about 50 mg of hydrocodone (obviously a different high though, but roughly the same opiate effect). When you think about it that way pods are still cheaper than buying prescription pain killers, which are usually between .50 - $1 per mg. .50 being very low and $1 being high, but is actually closer to the normal unless you have a good connect.

Will update on how the new batch of pods are.

Just be careful about opiate dependency. I developed a hefty habit and now am in debt and on suboxone. Pods are hit or miss nowadays but I wish you the best of luck!

pods

seriously? was this before or after the ebay days when poppies cost like a 1/3 of what they are now? Well I can see how that could happen. how many grams of pods were you taking per day? must have been some strong pods though you are right it is hit or miss. the one's i'm getting are tasmanians, which are supposed to have the highest morphine content. i've had pods that had effects but they were not good, and i'm assuming it's because it mostly had other unwanted alkaloids.

I work a part time job and have no credit card so for me it would be self limiting.

It started with ebay. I got the best pods for dirt cheap. After that, I followed sellers from ebay to their own sites. Was using twice a day, every day. Now pods are mostly shit and super expensive.

i myself had to take breaks every week or couple of weeks. experienced withdrawals, but only bad enough to get the cold sweats a few times. nothing more serious than that.
however, i spent entirely too much money on them. i did the math and it was awful.
i started out using 3-4 medium sized at minimum high, regularly did 6-8 for optimal effect, at my highest tolerance i could go up to 14. i have no idea how many grams that would have been.
i have my eye on a couple of different sources, but i'd have no idea what i'd be getting myself into now without my old one. =[
i guess at least with less reliability there is less chance of going out of control with it.

Yeah, less reliability was a blessing in disguise for me. I remember times when my package didn't arrive on time and I had to go an entire weekend without. It was hell. WD from a long term heavy pod tea habit was excruciating. I don't know if it's the half-life, all the extra alkaloids or what, but man, shit's intense!! I actually preferred ppt to most other opiates (oxy and tramadol runners up).

Just to let you guys know the authorities have cracked down on poppy pod vendors in the USA and have very recently carried out raids on a few of them. Remember papaver somniferum pods are not really legal in the USA.

I am interested in experimenting with tea. The information on this site is overwhelming. Rather than buying dried pods from vendors online, would it be better to just grow them yourself? I'm a novice at this, and there seems to be so much conflicting info.