• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

3,4-dichloro-methylphenidate (3,4-CTMP / 3,4-DCMP)

just seems a bit of the 'was an old lady who swallowed a spider' kind of deal. I'd rather not take stims that make me edgy as fuck to the point i need a benzo at the same time. But maybe I've just cained them enough in the past for the romance to be gone. I think this can happen.

I also think this can happen as I feel the same towards stims nowadays.

And now all is clear ;)

I thought they just picked suitable letters from the molecule more or less randomly. Well, semi-randomly. I'm sure there are conventions but does seem to be some debate on the matter. I prefer the Bulbous One's version cos it makes more sense to me as a mere mortal.

Already posted this in other drugs but thought I may get more responses here.

Do you think a 3,4-dichloro version of ethylphenidate would be possible to make and active? Was it perhaps even already synthesised/tested?

Anyone care to guess on what effects it would have? Perhaps closer to EPH than 3,4-CTMP? Something completely different? Inactive?

I tried using google, but didn't really find anything..

certainly would be possible to make, wether there would be much point in doing so I'm not sure though...

yes, really depends on the effects (if it's a long lasting eph active in the mg range i can see it becoming popular), hope some rc vendors tries it, who knows it may end up good

and if it sucks, well, just add it to the huge list of shitty rc stims

i had barely 3mg of the stuff this morning and basically felt shitty all day until a couple of hours ago when i was able to load up on pregabalin and take the edge of.

never taking this shit again.

Already posted this in other drugs but thought I may get more responses here.

Do you think a 3,4-dichloro version of ethylphenidate would be possible to make and active? Was it perhaps even already synthesised/tested?

Anyone care to guess on what effects it would have? Perhaps closer to EPH than 3,4-CTMP? Something completely different? Inactive?

I tried using google, but didn't really find anything..

Can't find any reference to 3,4-dichloroEPD anywhere, which is rather strange.

yes, I tried searching for it too with no luck

either nobody ever tried making it or something makes it to hart to synth to bother

Should be a very simple synthesis in the grand scheme of organic chemistry, but all searching has been fruitless which is strange...

3,4-dichloro-methyphenidate feels nothing like methylphenidate. I don't see why 3,4-dichloro-ethylphenidate would feel anything like ethyphenidate (which is a pretty shit drug itself). Go read the paper describing the synthesis of the 3,4-dichloro-methyphendiate, theres a bunch of different substitutions investigated. Someone has just picked the 3,4-dichloro version because on paper it looks the most likely to be recreational according to DAT binding studies or whatever they did that showed it to be the most potent substitution of the handful tested. In actual fact, it isn't remotely recreational.

define 'all searching' btw, I have a feeling you aren't looking hard enough.

also this drug feels like it does something very very unpleasant to my circulation and breathing each time I've tried it. These drugs have the potential to be quite cardiotoxic from what I've read.

Despite complete absence of chemistry knowledge, I can't see anybody being overly excited about ethylphenidate analogues (or whatever this proposed chem would be) given that ethylphenidate itself is pretty meh and 3,4-DCMP has had a lukewarm response at best (and even that's putting it optimistically). But if it's even remotely possible it's worth making, and would skirt any future EPH ban,then somebody will probably try it. Can't see it being high on anybody's ToDo list though really.

Also...

This is where Mother Nature throws a big ol' curve ball to us chemists... dichloro-mehylphenidate had a much higher potency, but I recall it lacked the reinforcing effects of rapid administration MPH, because it took so long to reach peak plasma concentrations (higher potency = more fat soluble = poorer absorbtion) Hoisted by its own petard as it were...

One of my fave phrases ever is that <3

3,4-dichloro-methyphenidate feels nothing like methylphenidate. I don't see why 3,4-dichloro-ethylphenidate would feel anything like ethyphenidate (which is a pretty shit drug itself). Go read the paper describing the synthesis of the 3,4-dichloro-methyphendiate, theres a bunch of different substitutions investigated. Someone has just picked the 3,4-dichloro version because on paper it looks the most likely to be recreational according to DAT binding studies or whatever they did that showed it to be the most potent substitution of the handful tested. In actual fact, it isn't remotely recreational.

define 'all searching' btw, I have a feeling you aren't looking hard enough.

also this drug feels like it does something very very unpleasant to my circulation and breathing each time I've tried it. These drugs have the potential to be quite cardiotoxic from what I've read.
Sorry, I wrote a reply to this a few hours after you posted it and just now realized that I forgot to post it:
Hi,

this discussion is now continuing in http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/582708-I-like-to-draw-pictures-of-random-molecules/page29 and so far neither me nor anyone else has found any evidence that this has been synthesised. We did find a lot of methylphenidate modifications, but not this one. So it's either never been made, has been made but nobody bothered to write an article or the article is really hard to find. Searching for it was done on google and various sites that index scientific journals. The closest thing found is speculation from another board that it may be converted to the ethyl version by our bodies in the presence of alcohol but no proof is given.

As for the effects I didn't say that it would feel like EPH but that I would be pleased to get something that felt as EPH, lasted longer and was active in the low mg doses. Until someone makes it and people try it the effects are more or less educated guesses.

Are you referring to 3,4-CTMP, EPH, the hypothetical 3,4-dichloethylphenidate or something else?

SWIM's taken this drug three times and have yet to find any justifiable reason to take it recreationally. The first time he took a quarter tablet (2.5 mg) and didn't feel much of anything. The second time SWIM took a slightly larger quarter table (maybe 3mg) while at work and an hour later he was shaking uncontrollably. Focusing became difficult as his norepinephrine levels shot thru the roof and SWIM's heart beat became uncomfortably rapid. Cashiering was hell because of the shaking hands and mild paranoia. Tonight at around 5 p.m. SWIM insufflated 5 mg of Dichloromethylphenidate. The burn was fairly intense and provided a very calming sensation while SWIM drove to the gym. Working out was great on 3,4-CTMP. After a 40 min workout SWIM went back home and insufflated another 2.5 mg (approximately) and began drinking brew. For almost half an hour there was decent euphoria which was slowly replaced by a very heavy, painful, heart rate & an intense urge to work. 5 hours after the first dose SWIM's blood pressure and pulse seem to be ridiculously high. After 2 mg's of Eitizolam spread out the feeling of an impending heart attack is slowly lessening. SWIM is consistently covered in sweat from the combined 7.5 mg. SWIM'd give this stimulant drug's high a generous 2/10 with high grade blow being 10/10. If you try this RC expect a very uncomfortable, heart-straining time about 3 or 4 hours in.

I'm writing this because although I know this drug has been discussed enough already and everybody should have the general picture of how much of a waste of time this chemical is... I still want to stress this issue.
I took 3,4-ctmp after reading this thread, as well as a few others based on SOME of the the decent reports i heard about how it can be a nice functional stimulant or how "everyobody's different with this chem, some ppl really enjoy it". I would liked to say, with incredible bias (and for good cause too) that if you are on the cusp of whether or whether not to take this drug... DONT TAKE IT.

Here is my story:
First off, I found this chem to be reminiscent of my few months when I was binging on a-pvp, but several times worst.
Secondly, 3,4-ctmp and A-PVP are the two drugs I have come closest to klling myself on. (besides ayahuasca, in which I experienced death... but alas, was nowhere near close to dying, physically speaking of course.)

I started with 6mg. didnt feel much after a couple hours so attempted to weigh 10mgs and preceeded to take small lines periodically.
it was later I realised, out of complete accident my scale was really, really off. I would estimate 25mg's was taken throughout the day)
SO... anyways, i took this shit and didn't feel anything for longggg time besides a really subtle buzz, like 4+ hours which is unusual for anything. Even really fucked up pschedelics and what have you are no more than three hours to come-up. this shit took even longer. But i read somewhere briefly that this chemical has really poor absorption and sometimes can even get crammed up with your food and take forever to digest. But that was just some random post by some random person in another thread with little credibility that I completely regarded as nonsense :x

SO... three or four hours after injestion (me, still feeling nothing)...
I was actually playing online poker, well... mutiple games of poker at the same time - and i was winning -____-
During this time... very slowly, i started to feel this sense of uneasiness building. But i was in deep for like $100+ in these poker matches which was equivalent to $500 if i came out on top (so there was no way i was dishing those games over a few alerts going off inside) but even though i wanted the moneys >:| really, ALL I wanted to do was just lay down cause i was getting these crazy butterfly sensations that were really beginning to freak me out.
I tried to fight it for a couple minutes and struggled to concentrate, but the feeling kept building up, and building up, and building up
to the point that it had become so overwhelming; I couldn't even move my mouse or read my cards.
Moving my eyes between the mutiple poker games on the screen was making me dizzy.
And then, panic set in.
Finishing poker at this point wasn't even a concern. Neither was laying down to "ride it out". The rush was fully sweeping over me.
I just sat there immobilized, listening to my heart which I could hear beginning to skip beats. At first, every so often. Then, here and there. Soon it was in every breath cycle... and then, every other beat... and finally, complete arrythmia had set in.
I stumbled out of my chair, fell to the floor and lay there - on the ground taking breaths to try and calm myself:
"In through the nose... out through the mouth" I thought to myself.
This only made it worst.
My blood was racing through me at unthinkable speeds.
I was so panicked that I didn't even have time to panic - I was pretty sure I was having a heart attack at this point and there wasn't much I was going to be able to do about it (besides precipitate the stroke even sooner).
In the spirit of trying something knew, I tried taking short and rapid breaths to see If I could keep up in sync with my heart.
I breathed as steadily as possible, despite the constant shaking, I did my best... but it was still barely enough to get any intake or output through the lungs.
I felt like i was choking on my own throat or better yet, as If it was tightening on it's own airway (it probably was in hind sight).
I wanted so desperately to reach over to my phone and use this app thingy to measure my bpm, but i couldn't move without freaking myself out even further.

This peaking state probably persisted for about an hour or two and honestly, the heart rate didn't dull much for another four hours after that at least.
I spent the next six hours (from 8pm when it started until after midnight) being kneeled on the floor with my left hand fluttering over my chest and my right cupped over my nose and lips like a gas mask (don't ask me why this is the assumed position of 'the tweak' so to speak - it just is. And I stand to say to anyone who say's otherwise or attempts contest's such a truth, is simply a someone whom hath not tweakethed enough.)
I felt like a crackhead... only worst.
Actually, I may have profited in the sense of symptoms and not dying If I had overdosed on crack instead of this shite x___x
After this period had ended, it was about 1am and i could finally move a little - mind you, it was a steady pace with lots of breaks lol. I got hold of my phone and pulled up the app (do you know it? called heart rate monitor something) it uses the camera of your phone and senses the heat coming off your finger.
Well, I did the reading at least ten times cause this app will often show some funky numbers.
The average score was in the 170-180 bpm range.
I dont dare ask what it would have read at the peak.
I spent the rest of the night mostly sitting in my chair with a blanket wrapped around me,
staring blankedly at a yellow wall in my room.

So that's the story.
Why am i writing this to you...?
As a warning.

As a guinea pigs in the rc-world... and being that we are bluelighters.
I want to talk a little about harm reduction before I finish this post.

When I was younger, I used to think of some of these experiences - the one's where things went a little too far or came a little to close to overdose territory or way I had just escaped an impending horror or doom by a hair - I used to think of these things as "badges of honor".

I used to revel in the ideas of combinations of substances I had taken or had yet to take.

I used to believe that when I felt most alive was only when I was closest to death.

Coming close to a hospitalization,
or a heart attack, or a coma...
these things were just another a "War story" to put in another picture frame atop the shelf.

As I have become older now and more clearheaded (I spent a year too many taking too many psychedelics too often and too heavily) I now look down on myself over these incidents.
I wish last night, that I had had enough strength to have not ordered that 3,4-ctmp.
I wish that after reading the threads about it, I had just put my foot down and said: "No, it's not worth it."
And I will try my hardest to do so in the future.
It' understand that sometimes chemicals are offered cheap or are given as throw ins and consumers are likely to shrug they're shoulders and say: "sure why not".
But we dont have to drink the cool-aid.

Just something to think about.

The worst part of all is If i had died.
It would have likely been the WORST, most PAINFUL drug to have done myself in with.
The paranoia of not knowing what the hell is going on with your body and having nothing to go to as a reference is probably enough to kill on it's own.

some other interesting things -> from the vasoconstriction my whole right arm went numb for most of the experience. Not like happy anesthesia numb... but more like "I can't lift my fucking arm, what the fuck is happening to me? - numb". I actually was researching NRI (norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors) today and a common symptom of overdose/withdrawl is something called: Paraesthesia -
a sensation of tickling, tingling, burning, pricking, or numbness of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect. It is more generally known as the feeling of "pins and needles" or of a limb "falling asleep" - wiki

->about 12 hours in, 7-8am I just started crying because my nervous system was so overdriven and all i wanted to do was go to sleep but every time i got my heart rate slowed down enough and felt like i was going to be able to doze off... my heart would get this little electrical zap which would jump start it back into full on bpm overload. i didnt sleep until the next night and all through the next day I was still getting little zaps and hints of arrhythmia.

I still dont know exactly for sure why i reacted so heavily to this drug. i wasnt out of the ballpark with the amount I took. but it was probably a combination of the Suboxone (low dose 2mg's taken the last 9 months since i kicked heron) putting extra stress on my heart along with the stimulant and the fact that i had already depleted most, if not all of the adrenaline in my brain by doing heavy lifting at work for four days saraight before and abusing other stimulants (mostly mpa) alongside while working those days XD
Hope you enjoyed reading this.
Peace.

Last edited:
The reports on this are getting worse and worse, it makes mdpv seem like lager shandy or babysham or something.

"Make that hearse reverse nurse, things can only get worse."

Last edited:
Got a sample all the way to the land of oz but after I almost OD on MDPV and reading low-spirit's experience (exactly like my MDPV almost death experience) it's gone strait down the loo. So over these increasingly dodgy RC stims. Will stick to amphetamine sulphate and amphetamine sulphate ONLY!