European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Designer drug laws in France?

Vader

Bluelight Crew
Does anyone know (or can they link me to) the French laws concerning designer drugs please? I'm particularly interested in the 2Cs and the 4-subbed tryptamines. Thanks.

i believe it would be european law, which is likely the same as ours. i stand to be corrected though

Our law is definitely more restrictive than EU law, no 2Cs are legal in the UK, that's not the case in the rest of Europe.

Hi, I have the official list of the forbidden RCs in France as of July 2012:

• 2-CB
  • 4-MTA
  • 2-CI
  • 2-CT-2
  • 2-CT-7
  • BZP
  • JWH-018
  • HU-210
  • 4-FA
  • all the cathinones
  • and a few other RCs (mephedrone, methylone, etc)

As you can see, no tryptamines are forbidden in France (except DMT). But if you have a white powder in your possession (or grey or crystalline for that matter) and are controlled by cops, you're in for some trouble, even if it's still a legal substance. Then it depends too if you have only one gram or an ounce.

I wouldn't be surprised if this list grows rapidly sooner or later. If you want the PDF, PM me. Good luck.

Last edited:
Following up, it doesn't seem that France has any kind of catch-all clause. Loads of stimulant phenethylamines are illegal, but in terms of psychedelics, only the TMAs, the MDxs and PMxs, DOM, DOET, and the 2Cs lou mentioned are controlled (and mescaline of course). DET, DMT, and a-ET are all controlled, as are psilocin, psilocybin, and Psilocybe mushrooms, and that appears to be it for the tryptamines.

Anybody knows the current law situation in France (any changes since 2012)? Especially interested about the legality of tryptamines.

Edit:
Found this document (from 10. Oct 2017):
http://ansm.sante.fr/var/ansm_site/storage/original/application/39b3fca89253a8135c54b91348e303d8.pdf

(from this page: http://ansm.sante.fr/Mediatheque/Publications/Informations-recentes)

Couldn't find much in there regarding tryptamines, only x-DMT, DET, and Alpha-Ethyltryptamine are listed (so there doesn't seem to be a change since 2012 regarding trypts)

If this is the case, that would mean AMT and 5-MeO-DiPT are still legal in France (as well as all the other RC trypts).

But there seems to be a blanket ban on all cathions.

BTW: Anybody knows the historic background, how it happened that DET got illegal in almost all countries (UN ban list)?

Last edited:
Better not have banned snails, frogs legs, onions and garlic otherwise there will be fuckin hell to pay, I'll fuckin tell ya...