• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does xanax take away from opiate euphoria?

I agree with everything said above. Xanax lessens the euphoria of opiates. But, I'll add this, if you have to undergo some sort of phobia-inducing or traumatic experience (like flying, for instance, if you are scared of flying) the xanax/opiate combo is better than opiate alone and will get you through the bad experience better. The xanax gives you a little bit of amnesia, almost, so you aren't reinforcing the fear, and after you get through whatever thing you're dreading you think: oh that's not so bad. That is the only circumstance in which I think the two are good together.

Benzos definitely rob you of the full potential of opiates in my findings. It's more sedative, less euphoric....if that makes sense...

I personally feel like benzo's completely destroy the euphoric atmosphere of opioids/opiates.. So yes, any benzo will reduce pk euphoria and create a higher chance of OD and black out a long with just regular passing the fuck out.

This is probably counterproductive to HR but I honestly never dose on opiods without a benzo ready to go. I find that the two classes of drugs go great together, and if you have a high tolerence it's relatively safe. If it wasn't there is no way 3 different physicians would have prescribed me to opiods while in benzo therapy.
You don't necessarily get as speedy of a high, but he nod is intense, which is basically why I take opioids besides for my pain conditions.
Maybe it's from being a poly-drug addict, especially with benzos, but taking alprazolam actually makes me feel relatively happy and content. No sleepiness or over-sedation either.

I'm right there with entheo on this. However, I've never had much recreation from opioid use. As a CPP, the euphoria is already robbed of you, and for me, I'm in enough pain to cause severe anxiety and even have panic disorder, so xanax, if anything, adds recreational value as it provides a tad bit more pain relief due to ease of edginess.

IME/IMO it's all about the ratio of opi:benzo. Too high a dosage of benzos I've noticed can dampen the recreational effects of an opi.

Also, some benzos are better fit in combo w/ opioids. I.E. Valium (diazepam).

I'm right there with entheo on this. However, I've never had much recreation from opioid use. As a CPP, the euphoria is already robbed of you, and for me, I'm in enough pain to cause severe anxiety and even have panic disorder, so xanax, if anything, adds recreational value as it provides a tad bit more pain relief due to ease of edginess.

I agree with this, and it would go back to what I was saying about benzos and opiates being a good combination for painful situations (not just mental trauma, like exposure to phobias or phobic triggers, but actual physical pain). In situations of actual pain, mental or physical, pure opiates can stretch reality out of shape in ways that aren't euphoric but uncomfortable---I know people who have freaked out on pure opiates in the hospital, like recovering from surgery or whatever. If you're in pain you want to be as out of it as possible---that opiate float and edginess all on its own can be frightening, the euphoria is too much. Benzos themselves, plain, don't do anything for pain, and sometimes for severe phobia (like the flying thing I mentioned, or people who are claustrophobic about MRIs or medical procedures) they won't combat the phobia so much as make you feel weepy and out of control. Anyway I wouldn't recommend the benzo/opiate combination unless you are hurting, mentally or physically. Then it's a godsend. But it's not good as recreation.

im on methadone 100mg daily, when itake my dose, i usually feel energetic, increased mood lift, sense of well being. if i pop benxos before i get my dose, i do feel more sedated, i dont necessarily feel the methadone being potentiated or incresed cause of te benzos, just a "different buzz" i have taken benos after methadone, and all it has done for me was take away the negative side effects of the methadone when it wears off (irritability, etc) benzos clam me down, im on 100mg meth daily, im up to taking 7 bars of xanax at once and not feleing shitm WTF i just had 40 days clean from benzos now my toleracne is like immune, every1 els ei see that nmix methadone and benzos nod out like crzy

In my experience, yes absolutely.

Complete waste of opiates if you take with benzos at any dosage IMO