• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does xanax take away from opiate euphoria?

Prea

Bluelighter
How is combining vicodin with a low dose of xanax? I'm thinking 20mg hydro with .25mg xanax (no tolerance, but have taken both individually a handful of times). Looking to try to potentiate the hydro since that dose by itself doesn't always get me where I want.

However, I've read some people saying that xanax takes away from the opiate euphoria, and if that's the case I'd be better off with just the hydrocodone alone. But if that's an issue, I'm wondering if I could avoid that by just keeping the xanax dosage low.

It changes the high. It's not a bad feeling, just different. But if you want to feel the effects of pure opiates, just take hydro, save the xanax for a rainy day.

I don't know about hydro but xanax definitely increases euphoria if the opioid effect is strong enough, and if not it tends to cancel it out. So with strong opioids yes, hydro maybe not.

hydrocodone isn't great anyhow....eventually you'll get to the point with hydrocodone that you won't even get ''off sick'' by taking large amounts of it. If you'd like to get a lot more euphoria with your opiates and xanax - take regular oxy/roxi/fent/morphine/oxym/etc. I'd take a super-small dose of each (unless you know exactly how it effects you) and wait, redose 30-45 minutes later if you see fit. The only thing the benzo will really do ultimately is increase the nod and potentially give you a few ''benzo-blackouts'' Thats in my experience though, be safe!

Also, I freakin' swear by taking daily food-soluable multivitamins, 2 grape flavored sublingual b12 tablets and a bit of green tea - b12 vitamin will help to give you a nice little boost of energy and having properly put nutrients into your body will always help allow for optimal drug interaction :)

^ Hydrocodone is very euphoric, but it if you have a tolerance it loses efficiency. If you can CWE large amounts or get it by itself then its still good, so I wouldn't say "it isn't great anyhow." It is great for people that are new to opioids, and a lot of people find it to be one of the most euphoric of that class of drugs.

Of course once you start messing with more potent opioids then hydrocodone won't really do much for you, but at the OP's doses it's still a good drug.

As for combining hydrocodone with xanax, I don't like the combination. It usually increases the nod, but for me it takes away from the euphoria. Basically since xanax makes you feel less emotions, it limits the amount of euphoria you can feel.

I always felt that benzos took away from the opiate euphoria.

not to mention its dangerous. ( the doses you were talking about are safe but raising either drug or both only adds to the danger )

I always felt that benzos took away from the opiate euphoria.

not to mention its dangerous. ( the doses you were talking about are safe but raising either drug or both only adds to the danger )

Same here. The xanax always just made me go to sleep, that's it. Brought down any opiate buzz

it's subjective.
for ppl who enjoy the nod..xanax makes for more enjoyment.
i prefer the warm..fuzzy..life is so much better now..
opiate-induced stimulation and all around loveliness..
so i think, like tommyboy said..xanax is more limiting.. than potentiating.

IMO Yes, it does diminish the opiate euphoria.

Not to mention that so many people routinely die from mixing CNS depressant such as opioids with benzodiazepines. It's extremely unsafe and there is absolutely no reward worth the risk. Even those of you who only do drugs to nod out and escape or whatever your reasoning may be, it's not worth risking your life.

yeah it makes the high more sedating and less euphoric i always save my xanax for when i run out of pain killers

Just save your benzodiazepines for some other time when you don't have a strong CNS depressant in your bloodstream.

I think that the only people that "enjoy" it are those that are very deep into their addiction and just wish to completely escape reality. If you like to get high and talk to people and enjoy things more then this combo isn't good, nor is it safe for anyone. If you find that you need to take this combo to feel good then it's probably time to get some help. If opioids alone aren't doing it for you then take a break so that your tolerance drops instead of adding things to the mix in hopes of catching a buzz.

Let me add by suggesting, if you are going to combine these drugs, allow the alprazolam to take effect first or at roughly the same time as the hydrocodone. Because alprazolam does exert its effects pretty rapidly compared against some other benzos, taking them together, in all likelihood, would still be better than taking the alprazolam after the hydrocodone. With doing these types of polydrug combos, I always find that allowing the more sedating drug(s) to set in, then "come up" with the more stimulating or euphoric durg is best for experience, as it does not seem to dampen the high so much. I think 0.25 mg alprazolam is a good dose, if you have no real benzo tolerance, as alprazolam does hit pretty hard and 0.25 mg is more than some people would think, and combining benzos and opiates is potentially VERY dangerous, so it is good to be cautious with dose. If 20 mg hydrocodone is a dose that gets you feeling good, but one you can easily handle, I think the combo is fine. If 20 mg hydrocodone causes you a lot of sedation or side-effects like moderate to severe nausea, headache, lightheadedness etc. I would not take that much plus a benzo. It sounds, though, you know what you are doing with the hydrocodone, and how you respond to it. Benzos make opiate's effects more "downing", yes, so there might be less true euphoria, but more sedation, relaxation, comfort, and anxiolysis. Again, though, 0.25 mg alprazolam is not a dose that would overpower, normally, a decent opiate high - just augment it some. Opiates, on their own, though, are something else, and I mean that in the best possible sense.

The Benzos always seemed to take away the Opiate euphoria for me. I have also read a scientific study that the benzo was administered to rats before the administration of opiates. The opiate were less effective...

Yea benzos would always kill my high when I was addicted to oxy. I wouldnt even think ab taking them with an painkiller unless I only had a little oxy left and I knew I wouldnt get that opiate bliss.

^ Hydrocodone is very euphoric, but it if you have a tolerance it loses efficiency. If you can CWE large amounts or get it by itself then its still good, so I wouldn't say "it isn't great anyhow." It is great for people that are new to opioids, and a lot of people find it to be one of the most euphoric of that class of drugs.

Of course once you start messing with more potent opioids then hydrocodone won't really do much for you, but at the OP's doses it's still a good drug.

As for combining hydrocodone with xanax, I don't like the combination. It usually increases the nod, but for me it takes away from the euphoria. Basically since xanax makes you feel less emotions, it limits the amount of euphoria you can feel.

THANK YOU TOMMYBOY!.
I feel like hydrocodone is often overlooked due to its relative weakness compared to other narcotics, but I've done all the heavy hitters (well, unless you're including fentanyl analogues etc..), and can say that hydrocodone is just as euphoric, if not more than oxycodone, the only difference is that you need to have a much lower tolerance, or to take a lot more via CWE.

And yeah, IMO, the combination with short acting opiates is shit. the benzo+opiate combo really only works the best for methadone and buprenorphine unfortunately (especially in meth's case) as these are some of the more dangerous opioids to combine other depressants with.

IMO Yes, it does diminish the opiate euphoria.

Not to mention that so many people routinely die from mixing CNS depressant such as opioids with benzodiazepines. It's extremely unsafe and there is absolutely no reward worth the risk. Even those of you who only do drugs to nod out and escape or whatever your reasoning may be, it's not worth risking your life.

yeah. I've only done this when I had a very small amount of opioid to use, or wanted to save it up. It's not safe.

It's not particularly safe to mix the two but if you are comfortable and confident in your tolerance it's not THAT dangerous, you just need to have a half a brain to how much to dose and when. There's been plenty of times where I was way to high on opiates where if I would have taken any benzos I'm sure I would not be here right now. I think the safest way to go about dosing the combo is let the opiates peak and platue and then dose the benzo on your way down, obviously you have to know your benzo tolerance before you attempt this and even then just don't push it.

Taking the opiate/opioid by itself will make it work better. Benzodiazepines interact with the GABA opiate receptors, causing you to feel the effects or euphoria of the opioids or opiates you are taking less than if you were to just take the hydro alone....although .25 mgs of xanax is a very small dose...save it for another day