• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/cimetidine/quinine) - Veteran - Wasn't a believer in loperamide.

Kratom bomb

Bluelighter
Height:6 feet, 3 inches.
Weight:370 lbs.
Experience: veteran

I have read countless threads on bluelight and other forums. There are usually a few people who say they can get a buzz from loperamide.
I was skeptical and decided to try it. It worked! I won't call it a miracle or anything but I can feel it, for the second time.
I couldn't wish the feeling away if I wanted to. It is not a placebo effect.

Here are the details:

1:00 p.m. Oral co-administration of 900mg cimetidine(P-glycoproein inhibitor)+60mg loperamide hydrochloride.

1:00-2:00 p.m. sipping tonic water containing quinine 15 Fl.oz.(P-glycoprotein inhibitor)

2:00-6:00 p.m. A definite body high, constricted pupils, minuscule itch, and slight mood lift are present. No typical opiate euphoria. Still an overall feeling of opiation.

6:00 p.m. + Still feeling it, I am writing this at 6:30 p.m.

12:00 A.M. Still feeling it.

For all of you people filled with doubt, don't be! P-glycoprotein Is the protein that prevents loperamide from crossing the BBB, when this protein is properly inhibited the loperamide can accumulate in the brain enough to cause CNS activity. For those people who are like HAHA diarrhea pills! Shut up. The constipation is no more severe or long lasting than any other opiate, usually none occurs at all IME.

The P-glycoprotein inhibitors are crucial for this to work.

Please, I have seen the way some of you have responded and picked on other people posting about this.
Please, no negative or malicious responses. Thank you:)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_loperamide
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_cimetidine
substancecode_tagamet
substancecode_quinine
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Quinine probably isn't effective like quinidine, especially the tiny amounts found in tonic water. Even with quinidine it requires dangerously high doses and is only proven to cause constricted pupils and slower breathing, not necessarily euphoria. If fact this study says that a strong selective P-glycoprotein inhibitor tariquidar didn't produce opioid effects with lorperamide. Might be because of gut P-glycoprotein or not. I'm not sure if it also blocks it in the gut.

Cimetidine is a substrate for for p-glycoprotein but AFAIK not a strong inhibitor.

Have you tried 60mg of loperamide alone to compare? Wouldn't surprise me if it had CNS effects alone. Oh well, you got high. Isn't it all that matters?:D

I will try that next, I've heard that large enough doses accumulate enough in the CNS to cause a high. I've never read that it take's a dangerous amount of quinine. If I could use quinidine I would, but it's prescription only.
I could try using omeprazole, that is a ppi that is actually mentioned on wikipedia for this purpose, cimetidine isn't, but everyone that I've read about who has done this usually uses cimetidine.

Hmmm...I've used loperamide at moderate dosesto mitigate withdrawal with good effects, so I'm convinced it does have some CNS activity, and the constant flaming of loperamide threads is irritating and ignorant. But all that front-loading for a non-euphoric high doesn't seem worth it. Still, interesting experiment, OP.

Well it's 12:11 A.M. and I still feel it. I think it has some worth. Not enough to frequently spend money on though.

Also, it may not be euphoric, but I did say that it is mood-lifting.

Last edited:
Be careful with the loperamide. I'm not going to share how I did it here, but I have an MA in organic chem. I was working myself off a 40 to 60mg a day hydromorphone habit and figured I'd use some lop. I managed to overdose myself, pretty much like when you fall out. Thankfully a friend randomly showed up at my house or I wouldn't be here to share this warning.

Glad to see u hear. I got parkinsons symptoms after high dose lope. Look up MTTP and then decided how worth lope is for you to cross the BBB.

Loperamide can be used to help with withdrawal symptoms but honestly I don't reccomend using it for a high. It is seriously dangerous and people have been killed, yes killed by loperamide so be careful and tbh I would switch to another opiod if you must use painkillers. Lope does get some people buzzed but is it worth brain damage or death? I think not.... But glad to hear you are not plannin on using it often because high doses at high frequency really ramps up the risk of toxicity and/or fatal complications.

It does have an effect without anything inhibiting it. Honestly, high-dose loperamide helps more than most other things with withdrawal, although I have a hunch it forms some manner of withdrawal on its own. At various times trying to come off opiates it was the only thing that kept me sane. I don't find it very appealing as a high just for the sake of the high though. It's not really a high, it's a heavy body feeling, not full of pleasure like real opiates, but just heavy, relaxing, and if you're withdrawing, it mostly eliminates the restlessness. It's not really that great of a feeling, it feels a little bad for you.

Hiltoniano, what kinds of toxicity/consequences can come from loperamide? I have taken a lot of it due to my yoyoing on opiates. For quite a while.

Does another one of our own have to die doing this shit before people will learn their lesson :/

Who died from loperamide? And how?

Parkinson's... good lord, I need to make sure this time I don't yoyo.

I was suddenly cut off from my supply of opioid. Faced with 3-4 days of WDS before the consignment arrives, I decided to wait it out but after a couple of sleepless nights of terrible RLS decided to experiment with lopes.
I did:
200 mg Cimetidine
25 mg quinine
8 mg loperamide
I was greatly surprised! Within 1 hour of taking the pills/drink I felt the opiate action. All WDS dissappeared. I slept like a bb last night, no RLS at all, and woke up in an opiate haze. It is still going. I am surprised at the half-life of this combo, extending well over the 18h now, and at the modest amount of pills needed. I was on moderate doses of Kratom (10-12 gr a day) but enough to kick in horrible RLS and rhinorrea, and serial yawning! Now I don't care how many days it takes the Kratom to get here.

BTW my wife had a 4 h episode of Parkinsonism symptoms from 1 x pill of Sturgeron....an anti histamine for sea-sickness.
1-2 episodes/exceptions could be down to individual sensitivity to the active ingredients, or concomitant administration of other interacting substances. On the contrary there is an overwhelming amount of reports of the efficacy of loperamide in assisting with WDS and its ability to act centrally with a P-glycoprotein inhibitor. It works! Just don't be reckless, that's all.

I was suddenly cut off from my supply of opioid. Faced with 3-4 days of WDS before the consignment arrives, I decided to wait it out but after a couple of sleepless nights of terrible RLS decided to experiment with lopes.
I did:
200 mg Cimetidine
25 mg quinine
8 mg loperamide
I was greatly surprised! Within 1 hour of taking the pills/drink I felt the opiate action. All WDS dissappeared. I slept like a bb last night, no RLS at all, and woke up in an opiate haze. It is still going. I am surprised at the half-life of this combo, extending well over the 18h now, and at the modest amount of pills needed. I was on moderate doses of Kratom (10-12 gr a day) but enough to kick in horrible RLS and rhinorrea, and serial yawning! Now I don't care how many days it takes the Kratom to get here.
8 mg is only half of a maximum "theraputic" daily dose. 16 is supposed to be the max. If I 5run out of my pain med for whatever reason and need to cope for a couple days I've found no more than 24 mg a day works to calm RLS especially and get rid of bothersome aches. II've used the latter dose combined with gabapentin to very good effect. I have GI issues anyway and it helps that too. The danger zone withthis stuff seems to lie in the VERY high doses. 100 to200 mg etc which to me is insane. for the most of things.

I've been on dilaudid for 5 years now and on narc pain management for 20+I always run out early but tha hardly stops my life. I tend to get RLS really bad if I don't take it so if my regular Rx runs our a few days early lope in that not much over maximum dose combined with the gabs keeps it away. It's not even necessary for me to use a 200 pill a day dose. That's just nuts. But then I thinks of some of the other combination of things I see posted here that just lay me over in what folks are thinking and the lope thing seems in keeping. It does work. For me at much lower doses than I've seen posted. But recreational use? nahhh. Weed is better