Rate the song above you: Music that isn't entirely electronic

Wow. Quite the undertaking for me here. So, somebody really loves their phaser and univibe. Gotta say it is pretty cool. I like how it almost becomes a mechanical wash. Oh here comes the fuzz. I wonder if the rhythm section ever gets tired of getting soaked in this guys shred. Regardless. I dig. I am not familiar with this but reminds me of CAN or that time I played in Damo Suzukis band. Weird... I like how the vocals come from nowhere. I wonder what it was like to take lsd and quaaludes at the same time. These guys definitely had oil on a projector screen. I think the bass player went to the can... It is a little much but I admire their resolve to stick with the same groove.

Sorry , I was listening to that track forever!

^8/10, because this is what I want to be buried in, so as to can annoy the undertakers.

^^ DAMN. Rocking. Great energy and great performance.

Made me want to ROCK

*** around 3:57 things go nuts. I think this came out in 1967???

Love anything by her myself, Sinnerman is one of my all time top tunes.

I know this can be "cheesy" but I for one love it myself.

If I'm grading on how funny it is... probably 3/10. I get it, but it's heavy handed and they basically repeat the same joke over and over.

This is the kind of thing that makes me laugh, personally. Lobbing up a softball here folks. Hoping for some witty repartee

^ I rate it a 1966/2018

Was drawn in by the colour of the thumbnail/costumes/runes.

5 seconds in - Massively wondering/doubting whether they can pull off/match the whole costumes/design.
10 seconds in - Interest certainly piqued
1 minute in - Okay that is some pretty cool and unique drumming that I can definitely get on board with
2 minutes in - Right, that is some exquisite percussion. Surely they're going to spoil it with heavy metal guitars, it seems too good.
3.07 - Yip, polar opposite of what I hoped it wasn't - I fucking love this.
5.15 - Hmmm, wtf, can not comprehend, does not compute, do not know, please somehow affirm my belief system.
Seconds later, read youtube comments:

"For those who are confused on the time frame of what this is representing, it's not necessarily "Vikings," and more or less not Neolithic.

It's Proto-Germanic she's singing here, and in most of their music. It's Pre-Migration Period, 600 years before the Vikings, ~1st Century CE til ~550 when Elder Futhark broke into Younger Futhark. It's based on historical linguistic reconstruction and snippets of text found archeologically and through Tacitus & Saxo Grammaticus, some of which were carved in runes on bone fragments, or described pejoratively by Latin writers, who described the throat singing as like "howling dogs," when it would sound provisionally like in this video, inferred by the Sammi & Hunnic traditions which survived the ages relatively unchanged.

Then they kinda do this English language "rap," which is based on descriptions of Galdralag and Sei?alag -- no surviving examples of which exist outside of very, very scant snippets in the Poetic and Prose Edda, and in descriptions by Saxo Grammaticus and possibly by Tacitus. The low growling and hissing, the forked fingers, is based on descriptions of Sei?r magic. That kind of image survived in the inspiration of "witches" which Christians were terrorized by, who were real people practicing a similar indigenous artform, and came to become an abstracted meme of its own that evolved & mutated into the 21st century."

SOLD!

This is fucking incredible, 100% on board here. Very, very fucking good. I absolutely adore vocals like that. But yeah... everything else. Good shout.

Not my type of music (into 80's new wave, 50s/60s jazz) but I would give it 4/10. I heard the original version in a 90s montage/compilation music video and IMO, the original sounds better

The song below is what I listen to when I'm on a codeine high. Don't know what genre it falls under as it's not available on iTunes and I don't think Shazam can identify it either.

Interesting collaboration. I haven't heard the name Sigur Ros in a long time. Both the music and lyrics are as chill as a penguin's beak. 8/10

This song is by a band that has been around for a while, but I only just stumbled upon them. Their latest album, A Black Mile To The Surface, is amazing! This song was supposed to be on it, but they weren't finished fine tuning it. So they just released it about a month ago. Anyway, enough of my words.

Last edited:
^ a solid 8.9/10 (the only discount is that the voice is slightly, homogenous as is typical of most contemporary vocalists) but a very beautiful tune.

Last edited:
Could'nt access it mate - may be geo. situation from my area; may be an access issue with soundcloud. DO repost when you can, eh?
( also there is a thread on EDM that enables music makers to post their recordings - worth a sconce ;) )

^9.9/10, slight bias, so knocked out 1, for 'fairness'. ;)

10/10 - fucking awesome choice; slightly better than 'dancing with myself' or, 'ghost-town' - both classics btw. hehe

On a different note.

So much love.

''A sane person to an insane society, must appear insane.”

Kurt Vonnegut, Welcome to the Monkey House

...good clientele to meet a financial niche. Luckily for me; am only partly Loco. %):?:|

Last edited: