• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can one cap of 300mg of Gabapentin get you high

Gordon

Bluelighter
If you never taken them before? what if you took codeine earlier too? would they interact? and what if your on subutex too?

How much gabapentin to take to feel a little buzz?

Yes one capsule would get you high if you don't have a tolerance.
Also it is not an opioid.

I don't think one would get you high...When I was first rx'ed them I didn't feel anything, but I'm a CPP...when I got to where I was Rx'ed 90 800mg tablets of gabapetin, I could take 4-5 and feel something, but I don't recommend you doing anything like that with you on codeine and subutex...btw...how are you feeling codeine on subutex? how much did you take? I figured you wouldn't be able to feel anything from any other opioid other than fentanyl (analogues) or stronger if you were on more bupe than the 20mg patch...

Well thats the problem you see. I still feel Codiene and any opiate while on subutex..I am on 1.7mg (subutex)..I have been on them now for 6 1/2 years. Is that why opiates are breaking through? because Ive been on Subutex for so long that its gotten use to my receptors and body or my body/receptors have gotten use to it, that any opiate breaks through. Or could it be the case of taking a low dose of subutex? I don't know but always thought even 1mg is a very high dose considering its Buprenorphine.

Yes I took 1 300mg of Gaba and felt good, then I took another and felt asleep for 10 hours, something I never had for couple of years now

But I am worried why opiates such as Codeine are breaking through, wish I had the answer. Any opinions and thoughts anybody?

Also is it safe to take expired Gabapentin? I mean will it still work? they are 1 to 2 years old, still in blister packs. The ones I took yesterday are still-in-date, but I have many expired ones too.

They'll be fine I just think if your user to the opiate feeling why would ya worry about the other, it's pretty much only good for like you said just kickin in so you can get some pretty good sleep

If you take Gabapentin with other seizure meds, you may decrease the amount of Gabapentin in your system.

If you take Gabapentin with bupropion or tramadol, you may increase your risk of seizure.

Gemfibrozil can enhance Gabapentin's effects in some people.

Gabapentin and Hydrocodone can increase the blood levels of both in some.

Studies indicate that Cimetidine, morphine and naproxen increase the blood levels of Gabapentin.

Hope this is helpful somehow.

I've heard that gabapentin actually decreases the BA of hydrocodone though...

Am curious why do opiates such as Codeine and others break through while am on Subutex? is it because Ive been taking Subutex for 6 years? or is it because am taking a dose like 1.6mgs of Subutex? am worried that since I have been on the sub for so long that it has gotten use to my receptors/body and vice-versa, therefore other opiates can break through> any opinions anyone?

Well you are on a pretty small dosage of buprenorphine, though its still pretty weird that Codeine would still be effective. At 2mg, I could break through with 30mg of oxycodone, but no less (and I shot it too). Buprenorphine acts very strangely and uniquely for every individual, especially when it comes to how effective it is at blocking other opiates. For the most part I've found that it blocks 50% at 4mg, though you can get full effects if you wait about 36 hours. 8mg seems to block about 75%, and takes at least 48 hours to be able to get a respectable buzz out of heroin. However, there have been times where I'll do one bag of dope less than 12 hours after dosing 16mg of suboxone (chronic dosing too) and get completely high like I was never on it to begin with..

So if you can feel codeine and other opiates at 1.7mg, I wouldn't be worried too much about it. Most likely you metabolize bupe at a rather fast rate, or perhaps you take other medications that could speed up it's metabolism? In the end, relying on bupe to block other opiates can only keep you clean for so long anyway, learning to resist the urge to use when your receptors are not blocked is more important anyway. (but initially I can see the argument for why it is good for people to be on these blocking doses).

As for your initial question, yes, 300mg of gabapentin can definately get you buzzed. I hear about people starting off with over a gram of the stuff and it blows my mind. 300mg will give you nice anxiolytic effects, as well as a pleasant body high. While it won't directly potentiate codeine, it does synergize nicely with all opiates and it's a great tool for dealing with WD.

Yes one capsule would get you high if you don't have a tolerance.
Also it is not an opioid.

Ur dumb man no offense but u r it would take about 1gram or 1000mg to get high 600 or 900 might do u well but 300mg probally won't do shit u also need to remember to eat plenty of carbs about and hour before using gab. this will assure a good high but it takes almost 2 hours to kick in but once it does u will know it plus chew them or break the capsule and mix it in a little water or chew the capsule and wash it down they taste gross as fuck warning

Ur dumb man no offense but u r it would take about 1gram or 1000mg to get high 600 or 900 might do u well but 300mg probally won't do shit u also need to remember to eat plenty of carbs about and hour before using gab. this will assure a good high but it takes almost 2 hours to kick in but once it does u will know it plus chew them or break the capsule and mix it in a little water or chew the capsule and wash it down they taste gross as fuck warning

I'd say ~900mg. (preferably more) to obtain the gabapentin high the OP wants. I agree with your post.

no, for me it takes over 3,600mg in combination w/ aleve, soda, food, and stagger dosing 300mg every 10min .. =D i have experience

Yeah lots of stuff wrong with this post lol. No, one gabapentin won't get u "high," as far as I'm concerned. If you have no tolerance and you've never taken it before, you can get a slight body-high by mega-dosing but thats about it. And I have no clue why you would be taking codeine with subutex, theres absolutely no point. The subutex binds to the receptors so much stronger than the codeine its just a waste to take it. Might as well take an ibprofen bro.

I've never really gotten a "high" off of gabapentin, I do get pretty drowsy and out of it when I have up to 900mg. I've also taken codein about an hour before and didn't notice much of a difference. May be different for you, hope this helps

Suboxon has an opiate blocker in it subutex doesn't.

Subutex doesn't have and opiate blocker in it suboxen does

Actually the naloxone in Suboxone has nothing to do with it's blockade affect. That is all the partial agonism of buprenorphine. Both Suboxone and Subutex work equally well at achieving a blockade effect, making it very difficult for the user to get high.

I took gabapentin for the first time tonight and I'm also concurrently taking normal dosages of other psych drugs: topiramate, sertraline, bupropion, and buspirone - definitely can feel a mild high/anxiolytic and sedating effect from one 300mg initial dose, at least in my case. Tried to have a conversation but was talking too slow and couldn't retrieve words, muscles are a little flaccid and weak, definitely helping a bit with my neuropathy, I feel pretty great for the first time in a long while.